• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters XY Pokémon Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidD001

granted that yes on the part that none of Ash's pokemon have Horn Leech but Ash does have 2 pokemon with Leaf Blade.....Sceptile & Snivy...a Grass Lizard & Grass Snake.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
None of Ash's Pokemon have Horn Leech and only one has Leaf Blade.
Skiddo doesnt necessarily have to have Razor Leaf and Vine Whip in it's final moveset, you know.

2 have Leaf Blade
Sceptile and Snivy.

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
None of Ash's Pokemon have Horn Leech and only one has Leaf Blade.
Skiddo doesnt necessarily have to have Razor Leaf and Vine Whip in it's final moveset, you know.

Regarding Leaf Blade, did you forget Snivy or was it Sceptile.

While its true that none of Ash's Pokemon know Horn Leech, but it was obvious since it was only released last gen and was exclusive to only Sawsbuck (which Ash didn't get).

As for Razor Leaf and Vine Whip,

Well Razor Leaf or its variants (like Leaf Storm) have been a standard on Ash's team. Bulbasaur, Bayleef and Leavanny know this move, while Sceptile (while dropping either Bullet Seed or Solar Beam), Torterra and Snivy know Leaf Storm.

As for Vine Whip, it has been an all purpose move in the anime and is known by Ash's Bulbasaur, Bayleef and Snivy.

But since Clemont's Chespin already knows this move, the chances are low for Ash's Pokemon to also know/learn it this time (since the writers have been trying to avoid having same moves in the group for some time as long as it isn't Dig).

Truthfully, if Ash gets a Skiddo/Gogoat, i can see it having Razor Leaf and Leaf Blade on it. And since the writers like flashy spherical type attacks it could also know Energy Ball for that matter.

The only different type move i can see it having is Take Down/Double-Edge and possibly Aerial Ace if it evolves.

The reason why i believe this could happen is because Ash's Grass type rare have diverse move-sets and most of the time end up with a Grass-Normal type move-set with the exception of Leavanny who had Bug type moves (thanks to its being part Bug type, but sadly it learned damaging Bug type very late, just like Pignite learned Fighting type move pretty late).

Its not like Ash's Grass type could learn good moves, during the 3rd and 4th Gen Sceptile had access to some pretty good Dragon, Bug and Fighting type moves, while Torterra had access to Rock type moves and even had the anime usable Ground type move Sand Tomb. Meanwhile Snivy had Twister and Leavanny had access to moves like Shadow Claw and Air Slash. But none of those moves made the final cut.

Similarly, Skiddo/Gogoat have some good moves as well in the form of Surf, Wild Charge, Rock Slide and Bulldoze. But i doubt the would make it to the final cut.

This is the reason why i want Ash to get a Phantump because it would force the writers to give it a diverse move-set (since it part Ghost type) and has only access to one standard move i.e., Energy Ball.

But like you said, Skiddo/Gogoat could have a different set. But the problem is i can't see it have nothing but Grass and Normal type moves (like most of the other Grass type that Ash had until now)

LizardonX

Banned
So the pokemon left should be obvious

Pikachu-Pikachu
Froakie-Treecko
Hawlucha-Corphish
Feltchiner-Swellow
Skiddo-Torkoal
Begmite-Snorunt.

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
So the pokemon left should be obvious

Pikachu-Pikachu
Froakie-Treecko
Hawlucha-Corphish
Feltchiner-Swellow
Skiddo-Torkoal
Begmite-Snorunt.

oh now i can really sense hoenn back for real

KidOblivion

Johto League Champ
Implying Ash gets Skiddo. I still want him get something more interesting than the Goat. I don't see its appeal, but that's just me. Faries pretty much double as grass types anyway, especially the Florges line, so they can shake it up if they wanted to.

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
I really doubt ash gets skiddo...This feels like a filler episode.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I also doubt that Ash would catch Skiddo in XY053. I want him to catch one eventually, but 18 episodes between Ash's third and fourth Kalos capture seems too small of a gap for the current pace in my view. :x

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
I'll be happy with a Skiddo capture, because regardless of whether it eventually evolves or not, it's still a fairly cool looking Pokemon with lots of potential.. and it at least adds a quadruped to the team, which is something I like to see..

Now all they need to do is give him something cool that floats (Honedge?), then I'll be happy..

Pikachu, Greninja, Talonflame, Hawlucha, Gogoat and Honedge would be a pretty cool team in my opinion.. The starter, three fully evolved powerhouses and two unevolved, yet highly competent and interesting battlers..

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
IF Ash gets Skiddo I'd be happy with Honedge line (Barring Doublade)/Tyrunt/Noivern/Avalugg/Draglage (a man can dream) as his wild card

Cresselia92

SM Ash = New Ash
I also doubt that Ash would catch Skiddo in XY053. I want him to catch one eventually, but 18 episodes between Ash's third and fourth Kalos capture seems too small of a gap for the current pace in my view. :x

I think the gap is good enough. At least Skiddo would have some time to train and hone its skills and techniques before the eventual matches against Ramos and Clemont.

I'll be happy with a Skiddo capture, because regardless of whether it eventually evolves or not, it's still a fairly cool looking Pokemon with lots of potential.. and it at least adds a quadruped to the team, which is something I like to see..

Now all they need to do is give him something cool that floats (Honedge?), then I'll be happy..

Pikachu, Greninja, Talonflame, Hawlucha, Gogoat and Honedge would be a pretty cool team in my opinion.. The starter, three fully evolved powerhouses and two unevolved, yet highly competent and interesting battlers..

Agreed. That would be a nice and rather balanced team, IMO.

Anyway, to people who are worried about the goat's eventual "lame" moveset… well, I think that, in case Skiddo faced Ramos's Gogoat, it would require at least two non-Grass attacks to attack it. Take Down and Bulldoze would be good enough in its eventual preliminary moveset. Beside, even if it started with a rather weak moveset, it can still improve it later and learn new attacks. In fact, I'd love watching or learn new moves, like everybody else.

Judai-and-sho

The Best of the Best
This Skiddo could be a filler ep (in which case, Ash probably isn't gonna get the line). But I think it's highly likely. Since Ash didn't get Chespin, Skiddo feels like a default "non-starter" Poke for Ash. Sort of like Buizel was a non-starter water type. I predict if Ash does get Skiddo, it'll be the Poke this time that won't evolve, similarly to how Corphish and Buizel didn't evolve when Ash didn't get the water starters. It's less due to patterns and more just due to the focus. While I am sure it'll be a well-developed little powerhouse, I imagine like those previous pokes, it'll stay in it's basic form while others on the team go on to evolve.

Lorde

I think the gap is good enough. At least Skiddo would have some time to train and hone its skills and techniques before the eventual matches against Ramos and Clemont.

I don't even think Ash needs a new Pokemon before he challenges Ramos though; shouldn't his Fletchinder and Hawlucha be good enough for that Gym battle based on type advantage alone?

Cresselia92

SM Ash = New Ash
I don't even think Ash needs a new Pokemon before he challenges Ramos though; shouldn't his Fletchinder and Hawlucha be good enough for that Gym battle based on type advantage alone?

He doesn't need it, but it's eventual addition would help. Besides, being caught earlier raises the chances of having more episodes to be fleshed out, until the end of XY.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Skiddo for Serena please!! Although it's most likely a filler ep. 3 captures in less then 10 episodes(outside of the very beginning of a saga) is too much.

Lorde

He doesn't need it, but it's eventual addition would help. Besides, being caught earlier raises the chances of having more episodes to be fleshed out, until the end of XY.

I guess, although I'm still not sure that Ash will catch the Skiddo from XY053 until we get more information about that episode; data broadcast info just isn't enough right now.

esquilo09

My team prediction for Ash:
Pikachu
Greninja
Talonflame
Hawlucha
Skiddo
Wild Card: You choose which Pokémon by giving me your opnions.

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
My team prediction for Ash:
Pikachu
Greninja
Talonflame
Hawlucha
Skiddo
Wild Card: You choose which Pokémon by giving me your opnions.

not sure with the last one but i'm kind of thinking it might be an ice type, idk i just felt that it might be of some use to him

Ilikepiex7

not sure with the last one but i'm kind of thinking it might be an ice type, idk i just felt that it might be of some use to him

yay Hoenn two fully evolved starter check (Grenija-sceptile), regional bird check (Talonflame-swellow), pokemon that can't evolve check (Hawlucha-torkoal), 2 stage starter type that doesn't evolve check? (skiddo-corphish), and 2 stage ice type? (Avalugg-Galie)

Status
Not open for further replies.