• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters XY Pokémon Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shraeder

It's Lit
I totally agree with your prediction for Pokémon and movesets. Still, I don't want the Goomy line with Ash... I can see it, but meh... My prediction was the same as yours but giving him a male Meowstic instead of it, so that the strong-weak pattern that writers followed in AG would be accomplished once more... But who knows. After Clemont's Luxio I think making predictions won't be easy.

Honestly I would prefer Meowstic as well, but I'm not entirely sure what could be his Wildcard will be at this point. There's a lot of options available, I also chose Sliggoo because it hasn't been showcased yet.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I don't want Ash to double up on types in XY a second time; that was one of his DP team's few flaws imo, although it was resolved a bit when Ash left Gliscor behind. Ash catching a Ghost-type would be cool, but one should be enough for him in my view; he shouldn't get both Honedge and Phantump unless he rotates.

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
Well id unno but i think there migth be a small chance of as gettingdurant if they do a terminus cave episode.

Lorde

Assuming that Terminus Cave even appears, why would Ash or another XY cast member have to catch Durant, specifically? There are so many other, relevant Pokemon found there like Noibat. :x

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
Assuming that Terminus Cave even appears, why would Ash or another XY cast member have to catch Durant, specifically? There are so many other, relevant Pokemon found there like Noibat. :x

Just speculation, im not based on anything its up to the writters. I just can see a durant on his team.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
I haven't posted in ages so I guess I'll do an Ash prediction :p
•Pikachu-same but please stop starring every gym thank you xD
•Greninja-Water Pulse/Pledge/Hydro Pump, Water Shuriken, Night Slash, Double Team/Shadow Sneak
•Talonflame-Flamethrower, Flame Charge, Brave Bird, Razor Wind
•Hawlucha-Flying Press, HJK, Acrobatics, Stone Edge(make it more like Gliscor)
•Phantump-Horn Leech, Shadow Ball/Sneak, Energy Ball, Will-O-Wisp
•Sliggoo-Dragon Pulse, Body Slam, Muddy Water, Protect

Ok so Sliggoo might seem like a strange choice to you guys but I chose it because Ash usually(always) has a First Stage Pokemon in his roster. The only Kalos Pokemon that could fit the slot would be Doublade, but I kind of think it's a weird Pokemon for him to have since it's based off of an object :/ Also does anyone think they're setting up Ash's possible Greninja to learn Night Slash by giving Froakie Cut?

Hey! Welcome back!

I like this speculation with a few minor tweaks. I do believe that they've set up for Night Slash with Cut. I'm also not as hesitant as you with the suggestion of Doublade, as Boldore kinda was a thing last series and it worked out relatively fine and it has even less defining (facial) features than a Doublade.

So I'll simply run down your speculation with my minor remarks:

Pikachu: Agreed.

Greninja:
- Water Pulse/Shuriken,
- Cut -> Night Slash
- Double Team
- Acrobatics

Nothing too fancy I'd reckon..

Talonflame:
- (Peck) -> Flame Charge -> Bravebird/Flare Blitz
- Steel Wing
- Razor Wind
- Double Team -> Incinerate/Flamethrower/Heatwave/Overheat/Fire Blast

I love the coverage Fletchinder currently has. Personally, Steel Wing and Razor Wind are what set it apart currently, and considering how Peck has now apparently turned into Flame Charge, it can further "evolve" into either Flare Blitz or Brave Bird when Talonflame happens, because during both moves, the bird basically catches fire and rams into the opponent. I'd like it to have another ranged move, so Double Team bites the dust in favor of some Fire-type ranged move.

Hawlucha:
- Flying Press: Agreed
- HJK: Agreed
- Karate Chop -> Poison Jab
- Stone Edge: Agreed.

I know people want a Flying-type STAB on Hawlucha, but like you said: "Make it more like Gliscor". Gliscor didn't have STAB-moves, except Sand Attack. Poison has become a better offensive type this generation and I'd like to see that represented.

Phantump:
- Horn Leech: Agreed
- Astonish -> Phantom Force
- Will-o-Wisp/Hidden Power
- Confuse Ray

I thought the recent Trevenant spammed at least Confuse Ray and Hidden Power, I think that those would be obvious choices for extra moves.. Though what I've got here would be a good set and would make it a tough opponent for many, well, except opposing Deerling I'd guess.. -.-

Sliggoo, OR Doublade:
- Dragon Pulse
- Muddy Water
- Sludge Wave/Bide
- Infestation

I'm not really a Sliggoo fan, but if it got a set like this, then I'll be all for it. I don't think Bide is a choice Ash would use often, but perhaps they could address a Sliggoo's natural bulk that way. Infestation on something is a must for me this series. It. Just. Is.

Honedge -> Doublade:
- Slash -> Sacred Sword
- Shadow Sneak
- Flash Cannon/Iron Head
- Metal Sound/Iron Defense/Swords Dance

Something with good enough diversity to work. A Steel-type that focuses on it!

NatsuLian

What I REALLY want:

Ash's Team:

~ Pikachu
~ Greninja
~ Talonflame
~ Hawlucha
~ Gogoat
~ Avalugg
~ Goodra or Doublade

Serena's Team:
~ Braixen
~ S. Pancham
~ Absol
~ F. Meowstic
~ Sliggoo (If Ash does not have one) / Wild Card

Clemont's Team:
~ Chesnaught
~ Diggersby
~ Luxray
~ Dedenne
~ Heliolisk
~ Wild Card

Bonnie's Team:
~ Dedenne
~ Flabebe

This has about a 0.0000000000000001% of happening but this is my dream team for the Gang.

More Plausible Team Theory:

Ash's Team:
~ Pikachu
~ Greninja
~ Talonflame
~ Hawlucha
~ Gogoat
~ ???

Serena's Team:
~ Braixen
~ S. Pancham
~ ???

Clemont's Team:
~ Chespin or Quilladin
~ Bunnelby or Diggersby
~ Dedenne
~ Luxio or Luxray
~ ???

Bonnie's Team:
~ Dedenne

dp045

Team Ash:
_Pikachu: Obvious
_Froakie> Frogadier> Greninja: XY52 certainly evolves over again and perhaps evolve to the 8th gym.
_Fletchling> Fletchinder> Talonflame: maybe fully develops to the 6th gym
_Hawlucha Unchanged (I do not think I have mega xD)
_Skiddo> Gogoat: perhaps in the XY53 gets it and can evolve right before d ela league.
_Honedge> Doublade> Aegislash: be your wild card and may be fully developed.

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
Team Ash:
_Pikachu: Obvious
_Froakie> Frogadier> Greninja: XY52 certainly evolves over again and perhaps evolve to the 8th gym.
_Fletchling> Fletchinder> Talonflame: maybe fully develops to the 6th gym
_Hawlucha Unchanged (I do not think I have mega xD)
_Skiddo> Gogoat: perhaps in the XY53 gets it and can evolve right before d ela league.
_Honedge> Doublade> Aegislash: be your wild card and may be fully developed.

lol,when did hawlucha get a mega and since the megas right now usually comes from the old pokemons i really can't see why it should have one :x

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
lol,when did hawlucha get a mega and since the megas right now usually comes from the old pokemons i really can't see why it should have one :x

I think that's what they were trying to say.. It won't likely have a mega evolution or anything in the near future, so will therefore remain mostly unchanged throughout the region..

ShadowMaster666

Lord of Darkness
Hawlucha:
- Flying Press: Agreed
- HJK: Agreed
- Karate Chop -> Poison Jab
- Stone Edge: Agreed.

I know people want a Flying-type STAB on Hawlucha, but like you said: "Make it more like Gliscor". Gliscor didn't have STAB-moves, except Sand Attack. Poison has become a better offensive type this generation and I'd like to see that represented.

I like that idea. It'd also give Lucha a very good counter for its Fairy type weakness as well as just being a decent move in general.

While on the topic of Hawlucha does anyone else reckon there's probably about a 90% chance he'll learn a new move in the episode where he battles a shiny version.

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
I like that idea. It'd also give Lucha a very good counter for its Fairy type weakness as well as just being a decent move in general.

While on the topic of Hawlucha does anyone else reckon there's probably about a 90% chance he'll learn a new move in the episode where he battles a shiny version.

let's see the moves hawlucha currently has

- Flying Press
- High Jump Kick
- Karate Chop

I would probably say yes since it has been 17 episodes since hawlucha is newly captured, i can't see how it shouldn't learn another move :/

Vincentium

Beyond Evolution
My prediction for Ash's team is:

1. Pikachu
2. Fletchling -> Fletchinder -> Talonflame
3. Hawlucha
4. Froakie -> Frogadier -> Greninja
5. Tyrunt -> Tyrantrum
6. Phantump

Honestly, I can totally see a fossil Pokemon to enter his team now that Pancham is headed to Serena. Besides, that would be a good first for him and it's also a Rock/Dragon-type, which is something he rarely gets. Phantump might not be able to enter if he gets a Pokemon from the previous region (like maybe Shinx or even Torchic), which is highly unlikely, but I am not going to be surprised if they pulled that off. He might release one of his Pokemon too (I'm leaning towards Hawlucha), but we'll see how this goes.

KKS-Lapras

1. Pikachu
3. Hawlucha
5. Tyrunt -> Tyrantrum
6. Phantump

Honestly, I can totally see a fossil Pokemon to enter his team now that Pancham is headed to Serena. Besides, that would be a good first for him and it's also a Rock/Dragon-type, which is something he rarely gets. Phantump might not be able to enter if he gets a Pokemon from the previous region (like maybe Shinx or even Torchic), which is highly unlikely, but I am not going to be surprised if they pulled that off. He might release one of his Pokemon too (I'm leaning towards Hawlucha), but we'll see how this goes.

No more releases for Ash, they serve no purpose, and none of his current Pokemon deserve that kind of treatment.

I agree with your speculation of the overall team though.

Lorde

What exactly is the correlation between a Fossil Pokemon and Serena's Pancham, and why would Ash get a Shinx when Clemont will catch a Luxio soon? Why would Ash need a 2nd Electric-type anyway?

KKS-Lapras

What exactly is the correlation between a Fossil Pokemon and Serena's Pancham, and why would Ash get a Shinx when Clemont will catch a Luxio soon? Why would Ash need a 2nd Electric-type anyway?

I didn't understand his post either. I do think Tyrunt is a possibility, but not because of a correlation to other captures.

Dayn

Honestly I would prefer Meowstic as well, but I'm not entirely sure what could be his Wildcard will be at this point. There's a lot of options available, I also chose Sliggoo because it hasn't been showcased yet.

I'm not sure about Meowstic anymore... I don't think the writers put a big effort at animating the species. Besides, I wanted Ash to have Meowstic because I think it'd be interesting seeing how he deals with such a defensive Pokémon. However, in the last episode it seemed to be the other way round, since the female was the defensive one while the male was the offensive. It shocked me :/

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.

1. Pikachu
3. Hawlucha
5. Tyrunt -> Tyrantrum
6. Phantump

Why would he release hawlucha?

And why tyrunt...Did i miss something?

Status
Not open for further replies.