• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters XY Pokémon Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

--VIRGO--

Because Grand didn't use Amaura doesn't mean anything. Valerie will probably use Spritzee, while in games she uses Mr. Mime, Mawile and Sylveon. I like the Honedge idea. First steel type pokemon. Metagross even better idea, which gives him also his first psychic type and a potential mega evolution.

Judai-and-sho

The Best of the Best
I know people are going to hate me for this...I really just want sceptile back...to mega evolve...I know the mega hype ship has sailed and this proposal is completely ridiculous at this point and I am beating the hypothetical ponyta to death right now, but I have wanted this ever since mega sceptile became a thing...plus, that kid with a treecko might provide a way for Ash to get a sceptilite or remind Ash of sceptile at least...Ash could bond with sceptile all over again to make mega evolving possible just in time for the league...I know this is stretching it by miles, but this would be ideal for me...If sceptile isn't coming back, I genuinely don't care what Ash gets as long as it's not honedge (I kinda want Clemont to get this one) or florges (I kinda want Serena to get this)....

I don't think it's so ridiculous. I imagine Ash is going to showcase at least one Mega, arguably more. It's good promotion for the games and it's "cool." I doubt it'll be something that'll be regular or a permanent part of his team. But in a climactic league (or filler league) battle, I definitely see it happening. Said Mega would probably return in a movie just because. I think Sceptile is probably a likely choice given ORAS. If they only give Ash one Mega, it'd probably be either Zard or Sceptile. If they give him multiple, then Sceptile would definitely be at the front of the line with Zard. So I don't think it's all that unlikely to see Mega Sceptile. Does that mean it's gonna be his regular 6th member for half the Gen? No. We're still probably getting a Skiddo, Phantump, or maybe a Floette for that. But M.Sceptile seems like something they'd showcase on Ash's team for sure.

Captain America X

I don't think it's so ridiculous. I imagine Ash is going to showcase at least one Mega, arguably more. It's good promotion for the games and it's "cool." I doubt it'll be something that'll be regular or a permanent part of his team. But in a climactic league (or filler league) battle, I definitely see it happening. Said Mega would probably return in a movie just because. I think Sceptile is probably a likely choice given ORAS. If they only give Ash one Mega, it'd probably be either Zard or Sceptile. If they give him multiple, then Sceptile would definitely be at the front of the line with Zard. So I don't think it's all that unlikely to see Mega Sceptile. Does that mean it's gonna be his regular 6th member for half the Gen? No. We're still probably getting a Skiddo, Phantump, or maybe a Floette for that. But M.Sceptile seems like something they'd showcase on Ash's team for sure.

What if there is a possibility of a Mega Greninja or Goodra in the next game?Would you say that it would possible that the Mega spot be given to them?

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
Still hoping Ash's last Pokemon is a Beldum for an ORAS advertisement. Ash with a Metagross is too good...

I'll admit, I was pining for Ash to capture a Beldum and evolve it into Metang not so long ago, but I now seriously doubt that they'll spring a third generation Pokemon upon him..

I think that Phantump, Floette/Florges and Honedge are the three likeliest options for his final Pokemon.. maybe Bergmite if they mimic Snorunt's very late capture. Personally I'd choose Floette, just to mix things up a bit with the typing and give him another feminine looking Pokemon to utilise, but we'll see..

Janovy

Banned
Bergmite or Honedge IMO. I guess I'd like to see how the anime would treat Honedge as it's even less of a Pokemon than Boldore.

--VIRGO--

Bergmite (Avalugg) looks pretty nice too. Aside from Glalie Ash doesn't have any and any of his Pokémon doesn't know any Ice type attack.
I don't remember where, but yesterday I've seen somewhere a picture with Gourgeist. Grass and Ghost combination looks good too. Would help a lot in Anistar Gym. What's more. Aside from not counted by everyone Haunter Ash didn't have any Ghost type Pokémon.

Bergmite (Avalugg) looks pretty nice too. Aside from Glalie Ash doesn't have any and any of his Pokémon doesn't know any Ice type attack.
I don't remember where, but yesterday I've seen somewhere a picture with Gourgeist. Grass and Ghost combination looks good too. Would help a lot in Anistar Gym. What's more. Aside from not counted by everyone Haunter Ash didn't have any Ghost type Pokémon.

since jesssie has pumpkaboo then that gourgeist beflongs to her or James.

them having one kinda rules it out as an option for ash

ShinyCharyZard

Of course it's true that he doesn't have an Ice type besides Glalie, but both Snorlax and Buizel know Ice Punch, so you're actually wrong on that point..

As for Gourgeist, it's clearly Jessie's Pumpkaboo..

Of course it's true that he doesn't have an Ice type besides Glalie, but both Snorlax and Buizel know Ice Punch, so you're actually wrong on that point..

the question is "is it Jessies gourgeist".

considering how it evolves in game is it possible she trades it to someone. it Won't be one of ash and co so to keep it on the cast that just leaves James. maybe James catches something soon and for some reason they trade.

or will they just forget the trade aspect and evolve pumpkaboo normally

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
the question is "is it Jessies gourgeist".

considering how it evolves in game is it possible she trades it to someone. it Won't be one of ash and co so to keep it on the cast that just leaves James. maybe James catches something soon and for some reason they trade.

or will they just forget the trade aspect and evolve pumpkaboo normally

Trip seemed to have no problem getting a Conkeldurr and Misty's Poliwirl had no trouble becoming Politoed.

I think it's safe to assume trade evolutions don't exist in the anime, bar that one episode in Hoenn with Clamperl.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
There was Escavalier and Accelgor in BW, as well.

Oh that's right...

But wasn't that because in order to evolve those two in particular, you needed to trade one for the other?

Ѕhiny Missingno

Trip seemed to have no problem getting a Conkeldurr and Misty's Poliwirl had no trouble becoming Politoed.

I think it's safe to assume trade evolutions don't exist in the anime, bar that one episode in Hoenn with Clamperl.

Just to remind you, the Politoed thing happened over 10 years ago, back in the OS where a lot things weren't logical or matching the game's mechanics.

We don't know how Trip evolved his Conkeldurr but pretty much every single trade evolution since Politoed has been done like in the games. The anime has been faithful to the game mechanics in the more recent years so there's honestly no reason to expect the writers to suddenly throw logic out of the window.

In fact, the Clamperl episode and Karrablast/Shelmet episode outright confirm that trade evolutions are a thing in the anime. So it's not at all safe to assume that trading won't be a requirement.

rivals don't count. we don't know what they get up to between meetings. trip could of traded with someone.

and the anime has come a long way since johto. so we can't say how there gonna play it.

Akashin

Oh that's right...

But wasn't that because in order to evolve those two in particular, you needed to trade one for the other?

It was, and one could possibly argue that they were a special case because of that. With that said, they haven't wholly forgotten or ignored trade evolution requirements.

Has there even been an on-screen violation of that requirement since Politoed? I don't count Conkeldurr, seeing as we have no way of knowing how Trip obtained it, just that he did.

JoaquinLorie

i know that years have happened but primeape and pidgeot should be brought back, especially pidgeot, at least after this region on his way back to the lab, we can have a pidgeot episode where he returns with Ash.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
if this kid with a treecko ends up as Ashs main rival I could see him with mega scwptile. and then ash gets his own mega to fight with

Good thing that he probably won't be one imo. Even if he used Mega Sceptile for some reason, Ash wouldn't be required to use a Mega himself anyway. I don't recall him saying that he'd someday like to use Megas. :x

--VIRGO--

About moveset I had in mind his actual party right now. I know about Buizel an Snorlax. About Gourgeist. I think beside Gourgeist there wasn't Inkay (Malamar) nor Wobbuffet.

Last edited:

ShinyCharyZard

About moveset I had in mind his actual party right now. I know about Buizel an Snorlax. About Gourgeist. I think beside Gourgeist there wasn't Inkay (Malamar) nor Wobbuffet.

[IMG139] http://www.pokemon-movie.jp/img/index/teaser/posterBig.jpg[/IMG139]
You mean except for in the poster on the right hand side, where it's positioned right between Inkay and Wobbuffet?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.