• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters XY Pokémon Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

sontoriginyu

i think if this were to be declared a winning season,Ash needs to reach the finals. I want all the stops pulled out to, CHarizard, Heracross, Sceptile, Pikachu, Greninja, and Krookodile.

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
i think if this were to be declared a winning season,Ash needs to reach the finals. I want all the stops pulled out to, CHarizard, Heracross, Sceptile, Pikachu, Greninja, and Krookodile.

Why not snorlax, tauros or Kingler?

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
personally i'd want the diversity, but you could switch out Krookodile with Tauros or Snorlax.

I would change Sceptile or Charizard as Krookodile and Greninja need the stablushment of powerhouse in their sagas, goodra being his only semi-confirmed pseudo or gible if they ever decide to evolve it. Ash has more variety than most tend to post as their ultimate team members.

sontoriginyu

The reason i set the team the way i did, was because i want Ash's best party to fight. I want him to lose Sceptile and roll right into Charizard, he could use all of his others to get him there, but i want his best representation out for a final match.

But be honest, that team is most likely his calculated best, and the diversity covers a ton of weakness. Goodra and Gible arent on par with these pokemon yet (Krookodile being the possible closest by the time the seasons is over), but Goodra would still be beaten out by Greninja, and as much as i would love for Gible to evolve..well lets just say im still waiting for Croconaw.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I do fully expect to see Mega Charizard (probably Y) used by Ash before the end of Kalos, and Mega Sceptile sometime either post-League, if there is any kind of filler saga, or just within Kalos itself otherwise.

Seeing as he's not even implied to use one Mega thus far, I find it really hard to believe that he'd use two. I think him using any Mega would be a miracle at this rate in my opinion.

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
The reason i set the team the way i did, was because i want Ash's best party to fight. I want him to lose Sceptile and roll right into Charizard, he could use all of his others to get him there, but i want his best representation out for a final match.

But be honest, that team is most likely his calculated best, and the diversity covers a ton of weakness. Goodra and Gible arent on par with these pokemon yet (Krookodile being the possible closest by the time the seasons is over), but Goodra would still be beaten out by Greninja, and as much as i would love for Gible to evolve..well lets just say im still waiting for Croconaw.

If we go by records, bayleff, snorlax and even snivy and oshawott where reliable as hell, infernape established himself already as a true powerhouse, not to mention gliscor those cannot be dismissed as probable league runners if reserves are to be called.

sontoriginyu

If we go by records, bayleff, snorlax and even snivy and oshawott where reliable as hell, infernape established himself already as a true powerhouse, not to mention gliscor those cannot be dismissed as probable league runners if reserves are to be called.

bayleef needs to evolve for me to give it a nod over Sceptile, Snivy and Oshawott.....i still go with Krookodile, i will give you Infernape and Snorlax as a possible rotation, but id choose Charizard over Infernape. Snorlax over Pikachu, Tauros over Pikachu, any of the strong over Pikachu, but in the end Pikachu would be in any finals match.

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
bayleef needs to evolve for me to give it a nod over Sceptile, Snivy and Oshawott.....i still go with Krookodile, i will give you Infernape and Snorlax as a possible rotation, but id choose Charizard over Infernape. Snorlax over Pikachu, Tauros over Pikachu, any of the strong over Pikachu, but in the end Pikachu would be in any finals match.

I just wanted to point out that those pokemon played vital parts in their sagas or had a decent record while being used in imaginative ways by Ash, NFE or not.

At most it boils down to what do we prefer, if anything I'd like to see bulbasaur on the fray again, or a resolution to suicide mountain and buizel flops.

sontoriginyu

The Team Ash picture has only a few true pokemon that stand out above the rest, ASh's lack of evolutions extremely hinders his options in my mind. He has a great gallery of pokemon but unfortunately they are underdeveloped for being over utilized.

Lorde

The Team Ash picture has only a few true pokemon that stand out above the rest, ASh's lack of evolutions extremely hinders his options in my mind. He has a great gallery of pokemon but unfortunately they are underdeveloped for being over utilized.

Do Ash's eventual Talonflame, Greninja and Goodra not count in his favor? :confused: His XY team is shaping up nicely.

TheNinjaIsIn

I saw the Treeko boy as being part of an ORAS promo ark within the anime. At least that's what I thought when I saw him and I saw Septile coming back for a short while, if not to become Ash's future Mega. I always wanted him to have Mega Septile. I honestly wasn't thinking Rival but that is a possibility. The anime has proven that Ash's League history isn't completely unknown. This boy could have been following Ash's career and wants to challenge him. A bit of a long shot but still a possibility. I personally saw Ash's rival doing a Morrison because usually his rival shows up in the first couple of episodes. If there's no rival then one usually turns up close to the League. I wouldn't call the Kanto Starter Trio rivals for Ash and there's no one else I can see from the previous episodes who would fit the bill. Looking forward to see what Treeko kid has in store.

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.

I can't deny this, several Kanno and jotho pokemon suffered from it, although some like phanpy and cindaquil evolved on later sagas they haven't seen that much use... Well except Donphan... This returns to bite him in Singh with buizel and even gible despite its wins, Unova became the worst offender barely giving him FE options on his rooster and relied on unique strats to win battles, they showed some unique battle traits despite their status. Not should not be discarded as much as some fan of the games like to do, the writers love the Scrappy or undersized technical brawler archetypes too much to null their involvement in key battles.

Lorde

I saw the Treeko boy as being part of an ORAS promo ark within the anime. At least that's what I thought when I saw him and I saw Septile coming back for a short while, if not to become Ash's future Mega. I always wanted him to have Mega Septile. I honestly wasn't thinking Rival but that is a possibility. The anime has proven that Ash's League history isn't completely unknown. This boy could have been following Ash's career and wants to challenge him. A bit of a long shot but still a possibility. I personally saw Ash's rival doing a Morrison because usually his rival shows up in the first couple of episodes. If there's no rival then one usually turns up close to the League. I wouldn't call the Kanto Starter Trio rivals for Ash and there's no one else I can see from the previous episodes who would fit the bill. Looking forward to see what Treeko kid has in store.

Why is Sanpei suddenly irrelevant? He owns a Greninja and for all we know he may become a rival of sorts for Ash later on and affect Frogadier's evolution imo. :x

sontoriginyu

I can't deny this, several Kanno and jotho pokemon suffered from it, although some like phanpy and cindaquil evolved on later sagas they haven't seen that much use... Well except Donphan... This returns to bite him in Singh with buizel and even gible despite its wins, Unova became the worst offender barely giving him FE options on his rooster and relied on unique strats to win battles, they showed some unique battle traits despite their status. Not should not be discarded as much as some fan of the games like to do, the writers love the Scrappy or undersized technical brawler archetypes too much to null their involvement in key battles.

For as many leagues as Ash has taken part in, most of his three stagers should be in their middle stage. I get why Scrafty hasnt evolved, but i think Ash should have brought him and Gible to Kalos for a time.

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
For as many leagues as Ash has taken part in, most of his three stagers should be in their middle stage. I get why Scrafty hasnt evolved, but i think Ash should have brought him and Gible to Kalos for a time.

Scraggy did pull a full phanpy, it even surpassed phanpy by learning moves and having a quirk added in his relationship with area instead of phanpy kiddy like behavior, I can expect a Donphan scenario on him that be honest. Gible just came to late, yet proved to be a key member against shuckle and event was used against darkrai.

KKS-Lapras

No offense to many of you, but you rely way too much on game mechanics when you try to breakdown groups in terms of supposed strength/power/capability. Many of Ash's smaller Pokemon have been shown and tested just as well as many of his evolved Pokemon.

A big point made in the show, each Pokemon is unique, and game mechanics don't always work in conjunction with the show.

Lorde

I get why Scrafty hasnt evolved, but i think Ash should have brought him and Gible to Kalos for a time.

Why? What would've been the point when neither species offers anything new by themselves, and I don't think Ash would've showcased Mega Garchomp either even if Gible fully evolved in XY since it would've been done by Remo regardless imho. Idk what's so bad about his XY team. :x

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
No offense to many of you, but you rely way too much on game mechanics when you try to breakdown groups in terms of supposed strength/power/capability. Many of Ash's smaller Pokemon have been shown and tested just as well as many of his evolved Pokemon.

A big point made in the show, each Pokemon is unique, and game mechanics don't always work in conjunction with the show.

That's my point, NFE doesn't mean weak, they might use some weird nongame related strats yet win battles and proved to be key points on Ash journey.

ash

pikachu
greninja
talonflame
hawlucha
goodra
phantump

Serena

braixen
pangoro
spritzee
absol