• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters XY Pokémon Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

LizardonX

Banned
Pikachu ate a mega stone called plotbull****ite that only activates to screw over people who deserves to win more than ash.

GalladeRocks

Son of a Beach
besides even if mega pikachu became a thing ash wouldn't get one.

otherwise the writers would have to repeatedly come up with reasons for ash not to use the mega form, or risk its impact being lessened through numerous defeats.

at least with other mega pokemon they can just send it away. to oaks lab at the end of the region and maybe sycamores lab if he gets one before the league

Huh, that's actually a good point. Even if there is eventually a Mega Pikachu (which would not surprise me in the slightest), I doubt they'd give it to Ash's permanently. If anything, we'd probably have a rival with a Mega Pikachu that Ash's ends up defeating without Mega Evolving.

And honestly, I won't be at all surprised if there is Mega Pikachu in the future. It's the series mascot, it can be expected to be the exception to at least a few in-game rules.

Red and Blue

I`m kind of torn.

On one hand, I COULD see Gamefreak making an exception about Pikachu getting a mega form even if it`s unevolved. It is their mascot after all. Shouldn`t be too difficult to come up with a good reason for Pikachu mega evolving. But as Mighty Thor pointed out, since Pikachu losses a lot, it`s mega form would be cheapened and less impactful.

EDIT: Ninja`d

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Pikachu is the mascot, the Pikachunite is inevitable and wish I were joking. ;__;

There already is. It's called the Light Stone.. There's NO need for a Pikachunite.. Unless you simply want it so Pikachu can get a different ability..

sontoriginyu

to me im surprised they didnt make a secondary Pikachu evolution by now. one that keeps him small and speedy over the big and powerful Riachu, especially with the fairy type.

esquilo09

to me im surprised they didnt make a secondary Pikachu evolution by now. one that keeps him small and speedy over the big and powerful Riachu, especially with the fairy type.

You mean an alternate evolution, such as Belossom and Slowking? Yes, they didn't make an alternate evolution for Pikachu and I think it's gonna remain like that. No offense.

sontoriginyu

You mean an alternate evolution, such as Belossom and Slowking? Yes, they didn't make an alternate evolution for Pikachu and I think it's gonna remain like that. No offense.

read the quote, i said im surprised they never did.

And As big a promotional tool as he is, i thought he should have been the eevee evolution like pokemon.

Locormus

Why the heck are we talking about Pikachu and Mega Evolution in the CAPTURE speculation thread, especially when there's a thread regarding Ash and Mega Evolution specifically? Pikachu's already caught and isn't going ANYWHERE yet..

Lets bring back the speculation about how/when Pumpkaboo is going to evolve! Could this JessiexDrWhite thing be a moment in which she gives Pumpkaboo to James, causing it to evolve??

giratina the shadow

Why the heck are we talking about Pikachu and Mega Evolution in the CAPTURE speculation thread, especially when there's a thread regarding Ash and Mega Evolution specifically? Pikachu's already caught and isn't going ANYWHERE yet..

Lets bring back the speculation about how/when Pumpkaboo is going to evolve! Could this JessiexDrWhite thing be a moment in which she gives Pumpkaboo to James, causing it to evolve??

If pumpkaboo, is gonna evolve in xy63 , I'd laugh, cuz that would be 4 possible evolution episodes back to back.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
I don't think Pumpkaboo is evolving in any of the upcoming episodes. Remember that Pumpkaboo, not Gourgeist, was on the cake and the script. We only know about Gourgeist because of the poster for the Pikachu short. That tells me it'll evolve before the movie, but not in the immediate future.

I'm thinking Gourgeist will come around April-May.

phanpycross

God-king
I don't think Pumpkaboo is evolving in any of the upcoming episodes. Remember that Pumpkaboo, not Gourgeist, was on the cake and the script. We only know about Gourgeist because of the poster for the Pikachu short. That tells me it'll evolve before the movie, but not in the immediate future.

I'm thinking Gourgeist will come around April-May.

Which is just in time for it to star against Valerie alongside Ash

But yeah, gourgeist seems to be pretty far away IMO.

Locormus

Seeing as they're not even implied to have Megas and they'll probably be Ash's powerhouses in XY already, I honestly wouldn't see the point. :x

It's obviously going to be Mega Talonflame, since it gains the Steel-type and turns into a flaming bullet.. Aka, offensive Skarmory..

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
It's obviously going to be Mega Talonflame, since it gains the Steel-type and turns into a flaming bullet.. Aka, offensive Skarmory..

But if they make it part steel, it won't die if I throw some rocks on the field. :(

It's a cool idea but it makes even less sense than Amphoros becoming a Dragon type.

Captain America X

Tierno with a Hitmontop,Ludicolo and a Politoed eh.Well I have to say they fit with him.

And yay to Goodra by 5th gym with starring possibility.

Also Goodra is using Dragon Pulse right?

Blaze Master X

The Fallen Hero
Goodra and Luxary <3

Welp, I'm hyped.

Status
Not open for further replies.