• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters XY Pokémon Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattySadler

Might be worth reminding some of you that surely the reason a Pokemon becomes "overexposed" in the first place is because it is popular and what the majority want to see? Hence lotsa Lucario

JD

Why people would want Charizard to return again to Ash is beyond me it should just return for major battles and that's it.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
What if no Kanto starter gets chosen and instead, Serena gets a Totodile? After all, Feraligatr did get a half decent role in the last movie and that often points to capture in the anime.. Of course Sableye got a better role and would look great with Ash, but I wouldn't complain if there was a decently handled croc about on someone's team..

MastersOfMonsters

~Yaoi FanBoy~
Why people would want Charizard to return again to Ash is beyond me it should just return for major battles and that's it.

To Mega Evolve, of course. Of Ash's Pokémon that can Mega Evolve (Charizard and Heracross), Charizard is the most likely, and it did return with plenty of Flashbacks and such in BW2, so people know of it now (well, more know of it than Heracross). So, I Think it is very likely that Ash will use Charizard some time in XY, and Mega Evolve it, cuz' I'd be shocked if there were no Megas at all in the Main Group.

And Team Rocket should find Arbok and Weezing, and have them Mega Evolve, hehe.

Out of all the Megas id say the one most likely to appear on the main cast is absol. I could see Serena getting one to mimic her in game team (if she's your rival) and having it mega evolve quite late into the series

GildedScizor

The drinking bird
I really would rather not see more Charizard in this series, imo it's had enough exposure recently as it is (Origins, BW, two Mega Evolutions). Change the record please.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
What if no Kanto starter gets chosen and instead, Serena gets a Totodile? After all, Feraligatr did get a half decent role in the last movie and that often points to capture in the anime.. Of course Sableye got a better role and would look great with Ash, but I wouldn't complain if there was a decently handled croc about on someone's team..

A johto starter is the last I would expect at this point. In sinnoh it made sense for dawn, because that was right when hgss came out. I would say either a kanto for the one you get in the game or hoenn for remakes. Or maybe sinnoh to be different.

@yuoke, well out of the four kids, Serena is most likey to get a Kantto/Hoenn/Sinnoh starter.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters

I'd rather not. If any Totodile should appear it should be Ash's. He's behind his fellow starters

Ash

Pikachu - no change

Froakie - Frogadier - Greninja
- water pulse
- water Shurikin
- night slash
- smokescreen

Fletchling - fletchlinder - Talonflame
- flame charge
- fire blast
- brave bird
- steel wing

Skiddo - Gogoat
- horn leech
- razor leaf
- take down
- leaf blade

Pancham
- karate chop
- comet punch
- sky uppercut
- sludge bomb

Tyrunt - dragon claw
- rock slide
- stomp
- bite/crunch

Serena

Fennekin - Braixen
- fire spin
- flamethrower
- Paybeam
- solar bean

Scatterbug - Spewpa - Vivillion
- stun spore
- bug buzz
- gust
- aerial ace

Meowstic
- magical leaf
- Psyshock
- shadow ball
- psychic

absol - slash
- razor wind
- night slash
- swords dance

Spritzee - fairy wind
- moonblast
- hidden power
- energy ball

Ash&Pikachu-Fan

Pika-Speed
I don't think Ash is getting a Fossil Pokemon just because others like Tyrunt or something, if he did, I hope he gets Amaura instead. We've never really seen a character with a Fossil and resurrect it before, sort of like an Egg but I still find it unlikely.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
I'd love to see Clemont with a Fossil Pokemon like Amaura or Tyrunt. As a inventor he can actually be the mad scientist to bring it back to life and that Pokemon would like him for it. Not to mention seeing Bonnie try and play with a Tyrunt without trying to get bit would be amusing all on it's own. I hope Clemont can get a fossil Pokemon. Either would be fine for me.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
I don't think Ash is getting a Fossil Pokemon just because others like Tyrunt or something, if he did, I hope he gets Amaura instead. We've never really seen a character with a Fossil and resurrect it before, sort of like an Egg but I still find it unlikely.

Yes we didn't... That Archen did not exist. Oh well, at least it never got on any team either...

I'd love to see Clemont with a Fossil Pokemon like Amaura or Tyrunt. As a inventor he can actually be the mad scientist to bring it back to life and that Pokemon would like him for it. Not to mention seeing Bonnie try and play with a Tyrunt without trying to get bit would be amusing all on it's own. I hope Clemont can get a fossil Pokemon. Either would be fine for me.

Clemont:
- Heliolisk
- Bunnelby
- Chespin
- Dedenne
- Amaura/Tyrunt

Why not throw in Klefki as well? Full team for Clemont! :O

Ash&Pikachu-Fan

Pika-Speed
Yes we didn't... That Archen did not exist. Oh well, at least it never got on any team either...

I meant main character, like they find a Fossil and resurrect it themselves. I'm sure someone like Clemont could do it, it would be interesting to see, again, sort of like an Egg, you carry it and then hatch it. It would mean something special. :p

I don't think anybody's getting Pancham either, they don't really give the bear or baby bear Pokemon to the groups, they're kinda the plot device to get their parents angry. I can see Pangoro chasing Ash and co, just like Ursaring/Beartic because of one.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
To keep up with my support of Phantump or Pumpkaboo... here's my sets

Phantump:
Leech Seed
Phantom Force
Shadow Ball/Faint Attack
Solar Beam

Pumpkaboo:
Trick or Treat (lol, probably not)
Razor Leaf
Shadow Sneak/Shadow Ball
Flamethrower/Flame Charge
Energy Ball/Seed Bomb/Bullet Seed

I totally did not know how awesome Pumpkaboo really was... That thing can have quite the unique moveset for a Ghost/Grass type

dman_dustin

To keep up with my support of Phantump or Pumpkaboo... here's my sets

Phantump:
Leech Seed
Phantom Force
Shadow Ball/Faint Attack
Solar Beam

Pumpkaboo:
Trick or Treat (lol, probably not)
Razor Leaf
Shadow Sneak/Shadow Ball
Flamethrower/Flame Charge
Energy Ball/Seed Bomb/Bullet Seed

I totally did not know how awesome Pumpkaboo really was... That thing can have quite the unique moveset for a Ghost/Grass type

I'm pretty sure Phantump without Horn Leech is not a good Phantump.

I think the best moveset for Phantump would be (assuming it goes to Ash):

Horn Leech
Shadow Ball
Phantom Force
Will-O-Wisp or Leech Seed

Luthor

It would be such a waste having it evolve all the way to Chesnaught if he won't be able to use it at all, and being a training partner sounds like such an ungrateful job, it would be better if it stays as a Chespin until Bonnie is ready to start her journey and become Bonnie's starter.

And Clemont would be a big jerk if he uses a Grass-type Pokémon in his electric gym:
*Some trainer goes in with his Diglett to face his electric types*
CLEMONT: Go, Chesnaught!

Not so fair

i fail to see why that would be unfair. Look at Candice using a fighting type. As long as it can learn an electric move (which i think i will be able to when move tutors are introduced later) I fail to see why it wouldn't work.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
I'm pretty sure Phantump without Horn Leech is not a good Phantump.

I think the best moveset for Phantump would be (assuming it goes to Ash):

Horn Leech
Shadow Ball
Phantom Force
Will-O-Wisp or Leech Seed
I was going with moves that Ash's Grass Pokemon tend to have... But Horn Leech is probably a more interesting move

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I really don't get the fascination with the grass ghosts. Other then Trvenant, their designs are terrible.

Seriously Gourgeist is just plain creepy.

MattySadler

I really don't get the fascination with the grass ghosts. Other then Trvenant, their designs are terrible.

Seriously Gourgeist is just plain creepy.

Less of a 'fascination' with grass ghosts, more 'there isn't much else'.

Status
Not open for further replies.