• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters XY Pokémon Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shraeder

It's Lit
clemont is getting Chespin, and I think I know why, it along with Bunnelby (albeit when it evolves) are good against electric types, so perhaps he'll be using them to win his gym back to challenge Ash.

All this grass talk is starting to make me wish Ash just skips one this time.

What do you mean "win his gym back"?

Canada

Banned
Chespin turns into grass/fighting, not exactly a major advantage to electric types.

He meant when Bunnelby evolves.

★ Mr. Mime ★

Man of Mystery
I think Serena might end up with a Furfrou judging off of the new episode title.

I could definitely see her with one, she looks like she's going to be into fashion so it would suit her.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
I don't care if Serena gets Furfrou or not. It's a Pokemon I can see the writers giving her, for obvious reasons, but I still hope she can get Pancham! There must be a way to increase the odds of her getting one.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Chespin turns into grass/fighting, not exactly a major advantage to electric types.

Chespin gets Mud Shot. Perhaps that's the reason.

I don't care if Serena gets Furfrou or not. It's a Pokemon I can see the writers giving her, for obvious reasons, but I still hope she can get Pancham! There must be a way to increase the odds of her getting one.

Put one in your personal team! That will increase the odds for sure! :D

What do you mean "win his gym back"?

they think the robot that clemont is shown battling took over the gym from him and thats why clemont and bonnie were depressed in the first episode and also the reason he didnt tell ash he was the gym leader. my theory is that the robot is clemonts training partner that helps him figure out his flaws in his strategy.robot(installed with clemonts battling style) vs clemont(takes on the role of a challenger so he can think like his oppenents will)

furfrou has always been put on serena's team by alot of members here because it relates to fashion and fits serena just like fennekin does

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Chespin gets Mud Shot. Perhaps that's the reason.

Put one in your personal team! That will increase the odds for sure! :D

Does that really work? I shall and then cross my fingers that she catches Pancham!

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
furfrou has always been put on serena's team by alot of members here because it relates to fashion and fits serena just like fennekin does

But you have to admit, with the amount of new pokemon, the choices are pretty slim whatsoever. Not counting the already confirmed castmembers (starters, Fletchling, Bunnelby, Dedenne, Heliolisk, Inkay), there are only 24 options left, which is insanely low... Considering Ash should at least capture 3 more, and then there's rivals, and stuff like fossils and such..

LizardonX

Banned
Ash

Pikachu
Charizard
Chespin->Chesnaught (Trade for talonflame)
Froakie(Marketing)
Bergmite->Avalugg
Noibat->Noivern

Serena

Fenniken->Braixen
Rhyhorn
SKiddo->Gogoat
Eevee->Sylveon
Spewpa->Vivilion
Espurr->meowstic

Clemont

Bunnelby_>diggersby
denden
Talonflame
Carbink
Heliosk
Skrelp->dralgae

Rival

Honedge
Pancham->pangoro
Clawitzer
Pyroar
Tytantrum
Gourgeist

Jessie

Wobuffet
Malamar

James
Goomy.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
Ash

Pikachu
Charizard
Chespin->Chesnaught (Trade for talonflame)
Froakie(Marketing)
Bergmite->Avalugg
Noibat->Noivern

Serena

Fenniken->Braixen
Rhyhorn
SKiddo->Gogoat
Eevee->Sylveon
Spewpa->Vivilion
Espurr->meowstic

Clemont

Bunnelby_>diggersby
denden
Talonflame
Carbink
Heliosk
Skrelp->dralgae

Rival

Honedge
Pancham->pangoro
Clawitzer
Pyroar
Tytantrum
Gourgeist

Jessie

Wobuffet
Malamar

James
Goomy.

Charizard??

dman_dustin

Charizard??

Apparently Tropius has a thing against Talonflame, and just want Ash to use Charizard, the "superior" fire/flying.

Froakie(Marketing)
If the executive producers think that Froakie is marketable to the point it shouldn't evolve....they should be fired. I'm sorry but Froakie is not nearly marketable enough to justify it not evolving.

Anyone who thinks otherwise should be fired.

Chespin and Fennekin are technically more marketable than Froakie. Since they have cuter antics already shown in the anime, outside of Froakie, who has shown less.

Bergmite->Avalugg

Didn't you say you didn't want Ash with Avalugg because its basically a walking table?

Edit: Before the petty brigade shows up decrying my "fire them" comment, it was made mostly in jest.

Last edited:

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
Yea, if froakie somehow foesnt evolve for marketing, you cam bet chspin and fennekin definitely won't either. And there won't be any grading talonflame chespin or anyone else nonsense.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Again I can't see any of Ash's pokemon from the lab being used before the league, so i'm also gonna have to say no on Charizard at least till that point.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
clemont is getting Chespin, and I think I know why, it along with Bunnelby (albeit when it evolves) are good against electric types, so perhaps he'll be using them to win his gym back to challenge Ash.

If ever there was a typing Ash needed to skip...it would definitely have to be Water seeing as he owns at least 7

Luthor

it would make sense with Chespin for that purpose but i still think it's possible this all started because he was trying to understand his opponents and that led to him catching Bunnelbly and thats why he'll keep traveling after her gets back to his gym.

Well Ash skipping grass type is possible especially considering the floette line are similar to grass types and can learn some powerful moves but have pure fairy typing (which would be interesting for Ash to have)

Again I can't see any of Ash's pokemon from the lab being used before the league, so i'm also gonna have to say no on Charizard at least till that point.

he brought back charizard and snorlax against clair in jhoto, im against ash bringing back his older pokemon im just stating that he has done it before

tropius what do you have against the fletchling line or is it that u just want chespin to be on ash's team

If ever there was a typing Ash needed to skip...it would definitely have to be Water seeing as he owns at least 7
what does the number of water type he has have to do with anything they still have gotten the worse treatment. fire should be the one thats skipped since they take away most of the spotlight and he has 5 of them

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.

What good would that do though? The "will Ash get a Grass-type in this saga" debates would continue until XY ends; we'd have to put up with three or four years of it. That's why I hope Ash gets a Grass-type quickly, preferably a Gen 6 Grass-type so that the XY anime can actually promote new Pokemon (I know, such an innovative concept).

Status
Not open for further replies.