• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters XY Pokémon Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why should any type be skipped regardless how each was treated?

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
What good would that do though? The "will Ash get a Grass-type in this saga" debates would continue until XY ends; we'd have to put up with three or four years of it. That's why I hope Ash gets a Grass-type quickly, preferably a Gen 6 Grass-type so that the XY anime can actually promote new Pokemon (I know, such an innovative concept).
If that is the case, then it pretty much has to be skiddo by default since the halloween duo isnt until way later in the games.

Royal_Qeca

Pokémon Blue
Serena:
- Fennekin
- Rhyhorn (I still do have my doubts here... but I decided to put it here, anyway)
- Flabébé (simply because of its look and how gracious it seems to be)
- Furfrou (well it does showcase the fashion world really well)
- Pumpkaboo (being used as a comic relief somehow)
- Goomy (the odd one to spice up her team a little bit more)

Overall, a team based on beauty and glamour (despite the last one; oh but I love you, Goomy <3)

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Serena:
- Fennekin
- Rhyhorn (I still do have my doubts here... but I decided to put it here, anyway)
- Flabébé (simply because of its look and how gracious it seems to be)
- Furfrou (it showcase the fashion world really well)
- Pumpkaboo (being used as a comic relief somehow)
- Goomy (the odd one to spice up her team a little bit more)

Overall, a team based on beauty and glamour (despite the last one; oh but I love you, Goomy <3)

I don't think Rhyhorn belongs to Serena; the one at her house seems to belong to her mother, and the one from the upcoming episode might be the same one that was just transferred to her so she could compete. As for Pumpkaboo; I don't think there's anything glamorous about it. I like the species, but it's only cute at best imo. Not that Serena needs a pretty team to begin with.

Royal_Qeca

Pokémon Blue
I don't think Rhyhorn belongs to Serena; the one at her house seems to belong to her mother, and the one from the upcoming episode might be the same one that was just transferred to her so she could compete. As for Pumpkaboo; I don't think there's anything glamorous about it. I like the species, but it's only cute at best imo. Not that Serena needs a pretty team to begin with.

Yeah, the beauty theme was the one I created to start choosing her Pokémon without it feeling too random. Not that is was ever confirmed to be followed by the writers. Pumkaboo, though, is glamorous as soon as it evolves IMO but its inclusion was mainly because of the personality I see it having if it is caught.

dman_dustin

If that is the case, then it pretty much has to be skiddo by default since the halloween duo isnt until way later in the games.

I really don't see how that matters. At all.

Since the writers really don't care where the Pokemon are in the games.

Since the only reason all the Pokemon are everywhere in the games, is primarily for "fake difficulty."

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Ash:

Pikachu
Talonflame
Greninja
Ivysaur/Venusaur
Kirlia/Gardevoir
Honedge/Tyrunt

Since there are no ground types this region, I figure Tyrunt is the closest we are getting. Honedge could be the late capture/basic stage pokemon.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
Ash:

Pikachu
Talonflame
Greninja
Ivysaur/Venusaur
Kirlia/Gardevoir
Honedge/Tyrunt

Since there are no ground types this region, I figure Tyrunt is the closest we are getting. Honedge could be the late capture/basic stage pokemon.

No way he will have two different past gen pokemon on his team.

Ilikepiex7

Ash:

Pikachu
Talonflame
Greninja
Ivysaur/Venusaur
Kirlia/Gardevoir
Honedge/Tyrunt

Bulbasaur will not be returning for a long period of time to evolve. It was on Ash's team from episode 10 and left when Ash already 6 of his Johto badges.

Dax

Legend
Much less one of them already confirmed to mever evolve and the other being the single most sexualized pokemon ever made.

Lopunny? Anyone?

People need to let Bulbasaur rest. His time is done. He's good for special ocassions and hopefully if old pokemon return for the league, he can battle, but he should stay at Oak's. His story is finished.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
No way he will have two different past gen pokemon on his team.

Somebody hasn't played X and Y. There is 4 to 5 old pokemon for every new pokemon on each route. Also unless people want to see repeats on every team. They need to catch older pokemon.

And if you hadn't noticed, both pokemon recieve a 6th gen upgrade so they are actually likely.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
Somebody hasn't played X and Y. There is 4 to 5 old pokemon for every new pokemon on each route. Also unless people want to see repeats on every team. They need to catch older pokemon.

And if you hadn't noticed, both pokemon recieve a 6th gen upgrade so they are actually likely.

Everyone but ash will get at least maybe one, but ash never does unless it evolves into a current evo. So unless you think ash is getting an eevee, there is like .05% chance he has any older pokemon. And just because some pokemon got retyped doesn't bake them likely at all for ash's team. Nothing is impossible to happen, but even close to likely is no chance. Sinnoh and even hoenn have a good amount of older pokemon too. Johto was a different case for obvious reasons.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Everyone but ash will get at least maybe one, but ash never does unless it evolves into a current evo. So unless you think ash is getting an eevee, there is like .05% chance he has any older pokemon. And just because some pokemon got retyped doesn't bake them likely at all for ash's team. Nothing is impossible to happen, but even close to likely is no chance.

And yet they both get evos this region :p. And yes Mega evolutions count.

It's laughable that you think a region with less then 70 pokemon is gonna stay pure 6 gen. Especially with all the pre 6 gen throwbacks.

The 6th gen pokemon are gonna get PLENTY of advertisement between the main cast(plus rivals) so I don't see the issue.

Last edited:

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
And yet they both get evos this region :p. And yes Mega evolutions count.

It's laughable that you think a region with less then 70 pokemon is gonna stay pure 6 gen. Especially with all the pre 6 gen throwbacks.

The 6th gen pokemon are gonna get PLENTY of advertisement between the main cast(plus rivals) so I don't see the issue,

It"s laughable that you completely ignore my obviously clearly valid points about previous gens and how ash's team was handled then. Not counting legendaries or either pre evos or evos to old pokemon in gen 4, there were only in the low 70's for new pokemon. Ash did get gliscor later on, but the rest of his full team was all new. There are just under that amount for new pokemon this time, and there are plenty of option for ash to have a team of 5 or 6+ pikachu. And no mega evos definitelty don't count when it comes to what ash's team will be. At the most he will just mega evolve heracross and charizard in the league. Doubtful that it becomes a regular thing at all.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
If ever there was a typing Ash needed to skip...it would definitely have to be Water seeing as he owns at least 7

It ain't about the numbers, it's about the arguments I see being brought to the table regaring Skiddo and the Halloween duo.

I still want Froakie to evolve and stand out on par with someone like Charizard, Sceptile and Infernape, a water powerhouse would be nice for a change instead of the usual fire and grass dominance.

he brought back charizard and snorlax against clair in jhoto, im against ash bringing back his older pokemon im just stating that he has done it before

The writers had no choice but to do that because his normal jouto team couldn't handle dragon pokemon at the time.

tropius what do you have against the fletchling line or is it that u just want chespin to be on ash's team

it's the latter choice obviously.

To be honest I do kinda see Ash getting at least one pokemon capable of Mega Evolution, Lucario is the best choice of course, but who knows.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
It"s laughable that you completely ignore my obviously clearly valid points about previous gens and how ash's team was handled then. Not counting legendaries or either pre evos or evos to old pokemon in gen 4, there were only in the low 70's for new pokemon. Ash did get gliscor later on, but the rest of his full team was all new. There are just under that amount for new pokemon this time, and there are plenty of option for ash to have a team of 5 or 6+ pikachu. And no mega evos definitelty don't count when it comes to what ash's team will be. At the most he will just mega evolve heracross and charizard in the league. Doubtful that it becomes a regular thing at all.

And here we go again with the patterns crap. Ash's Chespin is real amazing isn't he??

Let's look at the previous regions where there were barely any old pokemon:

Johto: Hoenn who?? Ya his old pokemon reigned supreme here.

Sinnoh: There was still a lot of old gen focus even with the new pokemon.

This just makes it more likely that older pokemon are gonna get a lot of focus this region.

Having two older gen pokemon who directly advertise the game should not be an issue.

Also why in the world would mega evolution not count?? It is still an evo and is most likely gonna get focused on a lot considering how early it debuted.

Ilikepiex7

if we get gen 3 remakes one of the mega evolutions from pokemon that debuted in hoenn will be likely to make the cast. Blaziken is out because of the mystery trainer, and that leaves Gardevoir who is also the champion's ace pokemon, Mawile, aggron, medicham, manectric, Banette, and Absol.

Absol appears to the most likely

I still want Froakie to evolve and stand out on par with someone like Charizard, Sceptile and Infernape, a water powerhouse would be nice for a change instead of the usual fire and grass dominance.

Same, hopefully Froakie evolves to Greninja. I think it's such a pokemon Ash would get and it has so much potential. And how cool would Water Shuriken look in the anime. It'd be awesome to see it as one of Ash's starter powerhouses like Charizard, Sceptile, and Infernape.

Besides Talonflame, I'm still hoping for Tyrantrum. Pancham/Pangoro could go either way for me for Ash. I could see it but at the same time, I wouldn't mind if someone else had the line. I think Ash is still going to get the grass type. It's between Skiddo and the ghosts for me which tbh isn't much of a choice on my part since those are the only gen 6 grass pokemon left. But I don't mind who he gets at this point. It's all about the Froakie line that I'm looking forward to seeing.

Status
Not open for further replies.