• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters XY Pokémon Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shraeder

It's Lit
Agreed. I'm hoping we see chespin with moves we don't normally see grass types on the main cast with

- tackle
- seed bomb
- grass pledge
- Mud shot

Would be a good starting moveset in my opinion.

Then maybe learn things like wood hammer as it gets stronger.

Of if it fully evolves

Chesnaught
- Seed Bomb
- Hammet Arm
- Spiky Shield
- mud shot

Here's what I want:

As Chespin- Headbutt, Pin Missile, Rollout, Seed Bomb

if Quilladin- Needle arm, Rollout, Mud Shot, Solar Beam

if Chesnaught- Hammer Arm, Spiky Shield, Solar Beam, Needle Arm

is there any clue as to when clemont's chespin is going to appear because usually the starters tend to be captured around the same time span

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
I don't really see the downside to Ash getting Skiddo. With the lack of Grass types this gen, and Clemont getting Chesipn, he'll either get Skiddo, Phantump, or the writers could pull another surprise and have Bulbasaur rejoin the team just so it can evolve into Venasuar and then mega evolve. If Ash does get Skiddo, I can kind of see this as his regional stay-unevolved pokémon such as several his starters, Corphish, Buizel, Gible, and Scraggy
Everyone is so Gung-ho on this Skiddo/Bulbasaur thing aren't they XD

I see a problem with both... but I've covered Skiddo so many times that I'm not doing it anymore (If people refuse to read what I've posted or refuse to admit their is some truth behind it, I can't help you). As for the Bulbasaur, just why? Why does it need to come back and evolve, why does Ash need a Mega Evolution, why does it have to be Bulbasaur and not something he already has that can, why can't it be a totally different Pokemon he's never owned (as in completely different family)...chances are the other evolved Starters he has will have Mega Evolution's as well. There are so many things behind Bulbasaur, that he really doesn't need him. Lack of specific typing hasn't stopped Ash before and regardless of this "Well Pokemon A doesn't quite suit Ash" (which is complete BS)... Ash can and does make any Pokemon work, even Skiddo (sigh) ._. ...

I think that as well. I wouldn't really be surprised if Skiddo was the... anti-evolution scapegoat (XD).
Some friend you are (JK) :)

Luthor

I don't really see the downside to Ash getting Skiddo. With the lack of Grass types this gen, and Clemont getting Chesipn, he'll either get Skiddo, Phantump, Pumpkaboo, or the writers could pull another surprise and have Bulbasaur rejoin the team just so it can evolve into Venasuar and then mega evolve. If Ash does get Skiddo, I can kind of see this as his regional stay-unevolved pokémon such as several his starters, Corphish, Buizel, Gible, and Scraggy

Seems plausible that skiddo will have that role, i just hope they put more effort in to giving it a non predictable moveset.

Here's what I want:

As Chespin- Headbutt, Pin Missile, Rollout, Seed Bomb

if Quilladin- Needle arm, Rollout, Mud Shot, Solar Beam

if Chesnaught- Hammer Arm, Spiky Shield, Solar Beam, Needle Arm

This seems possible but that is a lot of movepool changes and i think it will have weaker moves apart from pin missile initially.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I think that as well. I wouldn't really be surprised if Skiddo was the... anti-evolution scapegoat (XD).

I don't understand what you mean by "anti-evolution scapegoat." :x

Anyway, I don't see Chespin doing much battling if I'm being honest, so I won't even try to predict its moveset. It's probably going to be really cute and get chased around by Bonnie imo. And to be frank, I don't get any enjoyment out of predicting which moves a Pokemon will get because more than likely they'll all receive generic movesets anyway.

Cresselia92

SM Ash = New Ash
I don't understand what you mean by "anti-evolution scapegoat." :x

I mean the Pokemon who won't evolve during all its run. In all teams there was at least an unevolved Pokemon, even in the DP team (Buizel and later Gible). I can see an eventual Skiddo being the unevolved member (maybe along another one), while the others evolve.

It's a Pure Grass type... I think your asking too much

Ah, I would laugh if they pulled another "Scraggy" with Pumpkaboo/Phanthump and only gave to it offensive Grass-type attacks. XD

Last edited:

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
As for the Bulbasaur, just why? Why does it need to come back and evolve, why does Ash need a Mega Evolution, why does it have to be Bulbasaur and not something he already has that can, why can't it be a totally different Pokemon he's never owned (as in completely different family)...chances are the other evolved Starters he has will have Mega Evolution's as well. There are so many things behind Bulbasaur, that he really doesn't need him. Lack of specific typing hasn't stopped Ash before and regardless of this "Well Pokemon A doesn't quite suit Ash" (which is complete BS)... Ash can and does make any Pokemon work, even Skiddo (sigh) ._. ...

Some friend you are (JK) :)
I'm personally against this myself. I was just listing all of the possible options Ash has right now for his Grass type in this series. And besides, even if he doesn't get Skiddo, the only other options are either Phantump or Pumpkaboo, & neither of them will evolve unless Ash and someone else (most likely Serena) each catch one and then trade them with each other, similar to when Ash and Dawn traded Aipom and Buizel

I see a problem with both... but I've covered Skiddo so many times that I'm not doing it anymore (If people refuse to read what I've posted or refuse to admit their is some truth behind it, I can't help you).
I read your previous posts and I understand your qualm with Skiddo, though IF Ash does catch one, I'm hoping that the writers will be sensible to at least focus on its gimmick-ness for a few episodes & thn treat it like any other pokémon Ash would catch. Plus, while I agree that pure Grass types may be boring, I think Skiddo could be slightly interesting since it's ability is Sap Sipper and the writers can have it use moves like Horn Leech, Bulldoze, and Brick Break.

Also, I know this won't change your mind (and may bring up something else that could get you upset {which I apologize for in advance}) but IF Ash catches Skiddo, it wouldn't be the first time he caught a gimmick pokémon. Technically, Noctowl would be considered a gimmick too since Ash caught it when shiny pokémon were first introdcuced

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I mean the Pokemon who won't evolve during all its run. In all teams there was at least an unevolved Pokemon, even in the DP team (Buizel and later Gible). I can see an eventual Skiddo being the unevolved member (maybe along another one), while the others evolve.

Oh, nevermind then. I thought you were implying that people would support Skiddo only because they're against Ash's Pokemon evolving. I personally like the species, but I have no problem with it evolving since I like Gogoat more. Also, a strong Grass-type is better than an average Grass-type in my opinion. :p

But the bias against Skiddo/Gogoat has started again. I swear, it's like a merry-go-round whenever the species gets mentioned. Some people can't stop bashing it. :rolleyes:

If someone gets a kanto starter (most likely Serena) then hopefully they give it a moveset with a couple of moves that seperates it from others the main cast have

Squirtle
- water pulse
- bubble
- gyro ball
- ice beam

Bulbasaur
- tackle / take down
- vine whip
Seed bomb
- sludge bomb

Charmqnder
- flamethrower
- fire fang
- slash
- dragon rage

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
i would prefer Skiddo but if they do pull a Bulbasaur at least they can finally give it some Poison-type moves to deal with the Fairy-type.

Joltik-Kid

it still could have interesting options Nature Power, Wild Charge, Horn Leech, Retaliate, Bulldoze, Facade, Rock Slide,Surf, Grass knot are all interesting options that are rarely seen.
Wild Charge is a no-no, only Pikachu is allowed to have Electric moves :) Not sure how they'd make Nature Power work (probably just make it a Grass move), didn't I cover that no Ground shacking moves will ever appear again?, not sure how Surf would look (but could be interesting), Horn Leech can be learned by Phantump (which has a unique typing), Retaliate is just gonna be Tackle, Grass Knot is only gonna work on Grassy area's (based solely on when it was used)... Rock Slide, fair enough

dman_dustin

Ah, I would laugh if they pulled another "Scraggy" with Pumpkaboo/Phanthump and only gave to it offensive Grass-type attacks. XD

I honestly couldn't see that ever happening.

I agree with Joltik on this one, Dark and Ghost are two different types.

So I can't imagine Ash's hypothetical ghost/grass Pokemon, not having a single ghost type move.

Especially since phantom force sounds like a really neat move.

Cresselia92

SM Ash = New Ash
Dark typing it far different from Ghost typing... even if it's just Shadow Ball (which Ash has never used), that's already something
Well it could also get phantom force.
I honestly couldn't see that ever happening.

I agree with Joltik on this one, Dark and Ghost are two different types.

So I can't imagine Ash's hypothetical ghost/grass Pokemon, not having a single ghost type move.

Especially since phantom force sounds like a really neat move.

What I'm implying is only because something has a secondary type it doesn't automatically mean that it will get a move of said type. Sure, it would suck (like it sucked that Scraggy never had a Dark-type attack, not even something as simple as Feint Attack), but that's still a possibility. So just because Ash would get a "possessed plant" it doesn't automatically mean that they will show its Ghost properties. If he really gets one, I will hope that this isn't the case and that it'll get a Ghost-type attack, but we'd better be ready for anything.

dman_dustin

What I'm implying is only because something has a secondary type it doesn't automatically mean that it will get a move of said type. Sure, it would suck (like it sucked that Scraggy never had a Dark-type attack, not even something as simple as Feint Attack), but that's still a possibility. So just because Ash would get a "possessed plant" it doesn't automatically mean that they will show its Ghost properties. If he really gets one, I will hope that this isn't the case and that it'll get a Ghost-type attack, but we'd better be ready for anything.

Maybe but unless they really on the deep end, with Phantump, or interesting with Pumpkaboo (Fire attacks), I just can't imagine there being a full moveset without ghost type moves on the Pokemon, without making them look awkward.

Joltik-Kid

I think my sig makes it highly improbable that Phantump wouldn't have a single Ghost move, I mean look at it... (couldn't find a good Pumpkaboo image, so I'll likely make my own :3)

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I think my sig makes it highly improbable that Phantump wouldn't have a single Ghost move, I mean look at it... (couldn't find a good Pumpkaboo image, so I'll likely make my own :3)

I do agree with Jotik-kid that Ash could more than likely get Phantump based on its design, & I also feel like this is possible since DP, BW, & XY let the main characters finally catch pokémon with types that most people thought they would never own (Gible, Axew, Scraggy, Yamask, Krookodile, a FREAKIN' Dragonite, & Inkay), but the only reason why I think Skiddo is also a major possibility isn't because of its gimmick but because- at least to me- it's similar to Phantump since its design does kind of fit the type of pokémon that Ash has usually caught

Personally, I'd be happy with either one of these two.

The only other thing I could see happening is that they pull an Aipom/Buizel situation where Ash gets Pumpkaboo, Serena gets Phantump, & then they trade pokémon with each other, causing them to evolve into Trevenant & Gourgeist

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.