• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters XY Pokémon Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Keep in mind though it could be that Torchic capture doesn't happen until November or December or maybe even next year and I doubt the current ending would show team changes that occur in that far of advanced.

there's abit of a problem with the torchic speculation

We know Serena is getting Eevee down the road, but not until after the movie, so if Torchic belongs to someone by the movie don't you think they would've put it in the opening and ending like Eevee?

Cause it don't make sense to hide it's capture if it's going to happen by the movie.

Last edited:

piemaster924000

Finals make me cry
I know but that doesn't mean he cant mature fast . ^^

true true, btu If it did evolve it will evolve during the end or in a dire situation but like really dire

ShadowForce720

We know Serena is getting Eevee down the road, but not until after the movie, so if Torchic belongs to someone by the movie don't you think they would've put it in the opening and ending like Eevee?

Cause it don't make sense to hide it's capture if it's going to happen by the movie.

Here's the thing though the Torchic that we see in the PK short might not be the same one that is caught don't forget we saw Noibat in the previous PK Short but the one that is joining the main cast is a different Noibat so I don't see why that couldn't be the case with Torchic. So Eevee will still be gotten before Torchic.

Respawnzer

Toaru NT 13 hype

I never thought of this. Is it possible that it doesn't belong to the XY family but someone they are travelling with? Like Shota for example?

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Here's the thing though the Torchic that we see in the PK short might not be the same one that is caught don't forget we saw Noibat in the previous PK Short but the one that is joining the main cast is a different Noibat so I don't see why that couldn't be the case with Torchic. So Eevee will still be gotten before Torchic.

it's fine if you want to speculate Torchic as a capture, but it ain't happening until after the movie and those two pics are not good enough evidence to me of someone getting one.

ShadowForce720

it's fine if you want to speculate Torchic as a capture, but it ain't happening until after the movie and those two pics are not good enough evidence to me of someone getting one.

I'm not saying that it will happen before the movie and plus if you read my post I said that it would probably be a capture that wouldn't happen until late 2015 so that would be November to December or it may even happen next year. At the earliest it could happen in September or October but I think it would probably occur in November onward. So those months are definitely after the movie and I don't remember saying recently that it was going to happen before I'm saying that it would happen after the movie.

dp045

Mmmm ... I think really Torchic not join the group and will be exclusive only in the movie Short 18.
Will be transmitted to the movie after leaking information with the team spoiler Ash and company? ocurrise would be fun to something similar to what happened in November last year with the photo of the script and the cake. I hope that Serena caught a Phantump, watch your Eevee evolves and see the sixth Pokemon Ash.

Akashin

Sure, but would it not stand to reason that the Torchic being shown in the first pic is the one from the short, given the presence of a red Florges and Hoopa? In which case we really only have the calendar to work with.

And if the one in the short isn't the one hypothetically being caught, is there really any significant reason to believe one will be caught at all?

ShadowForce720

Sure, but would it not stand to reason that the Torchic being shown in the first pic is the one from the short, given the presence of a red Florges and Hoopa? In which case we really only have the calendar to work with.

And if the one in the short isn't the one hypothetically being caught, is there really any significant reason to believe one will be caught at all?

Well look at Noibat for example. A different Noibat was shown in the previous PK short and we didn't find out about the one that was joining the main cast until the ending or at the earliest the poster for the new PK short. Also especially after people find out about Goodra people would have said the same thing about Noibat is there really any significant reason to believe one will be caught and then look what happened it was later revealed that Noibat would be joinning the main cast and that it would be Ash's.

So I don't see why Torchic couldn't join the main cast I'm mean there is really not anything that would prevent it and also given when the capture would probably happen there's no way to say that it can't or won't happen because were looking at a team change that probably wouldn't occur until maybe November. Plus considering that the Torchic in the PK short seems to keep popping up with the main cast pokemon and specifically grouped together with them in scenes could indicate that a Torchic will be captured later in the series.

Last edited:

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
If the opening or the ending had a Torchic in them I would necessarily doubt the capture speculations.

And I know the following argument is coining so let me get it out of the way.
"Openings can be edited to include new captures" We haven't even gotten Eevee yet, why hid Torchic?

ShadowForce720

If the opening or the ending had a Torchic in them I would necessarily doubt the capture speculations.

And I know the following argument is coining so let me get it out of the way.
"Openings can be edited to include new captures" We haven't even gotten Eevee yet, why hid Torchic?

I'm saying that it's possible that a Torchic capture could happen in November or later and that's why it doesn't show up in the ending or opening is because the Torchic that you see in the PK short isn't the same one that will join the main cast. By the time Torchic joins the main cast Eevee will have already be on the main cast.

Plus look at Noibat there was one in the previous PK short but we didn't find out about the one joining the main cast until later. So why hid Noibat then? It's because the Noibat we saw in the previous PK short was a different Noibat and the one that is joining the main cast as we found out wasn't going to happen until June 2015. So why can't the same apply to Torchic?

Akashin

Well look at Noibat for example. A different Noibat was shown in the previous PK short and we didn't find out about the one that was joining the main cast until the ending or at the earliest the poster for the new PK short. Also especially after people find out about Goodra people would have said the same thing about Noibat is there really any significant reason to believe one will be caught and then look what happened it was later revealed that Noibat would be joinning the main cast and that it would be Ash's.

So I don't see why Torchic couldn't join the main cast I'm mean there is really not anything that would prevent it and also given when the capture would probably happen there's no way to say that it can't or won't happen because were looking at a team change that probably wouldn't occur until maybe November. Plus considering that the Torchic in the PK short seems to keep popping up with the main cast pokemon and specifically grouped together with them in scenes could indicate that a Torchic will be captured later in the series.

I didn't say it couldn't. I just said that, if the Torchic in the short isn't one that is being caught (as it seems to be), there's no specific reason why its appearance would imply somebody catching one later. Likewise, I don't think I've noticed anybody saying, "Noibat appeared in the short, therefore somebody might catch one eventually." Noibat's appearance in PK26 and its upcoming capture are almost certainly wholly unrelated.

Its prominence could well just be some small ORAS plugging, seeing as the movie itself largely is.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I don't know if you guys have seen this already but it seems like someone is catching a Torchic.
http://imgur.com/uxqeUiS
http://imgur.com/pMj6bhT

I'm guessing it's Clemonts or..it could be Ash's what a surprise that would be. I really hope it belongs to Clemont though and he allows Bonnie to keep it.

The first one is prolly related to the new movie so it doesn't mean much and the calender is old I saw it on Bmgf months ago. ^^;

jskylinegtr

Sabine Cerrado and Angela Ken Rojas fan.
Ash will never catch a Pokemon in Kalos that requires trading to evolve, unless he recieves one without the everstone.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I really doubt Torchic's joining the cast. If one does at some point, it'd be better off with Clemont. Both Ash and Serena already have fire types. The only way I'd want it with Ash is if it stayed Torchic or evolved into Combusken very late.

Ash will never catch a Pokemon in Kalos that requires trading to evolve, unless he recieves one without the everstone.

He owns Boldore. There is nothing stopping him from owning another trade evolve Pokemon.

Ilikepiex7

a wild phantump is still a strong possibility for Ash's final roster spot but because it's a trade evolving mon it's extremely unlikely to evolve

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Why would Serena get a mega?

Also, I don't really see Ash capturing something new, fully evolving it and eventually mega evolving it as being likely. They've stressed the bond needed for mega evolution quite a bit, and I doubt they'd give all that focus to something that will inevitably come late in the game or something as random as Aggron. If he gets a mega, I think it'll be either Charizard or Greninja.

She gets a Mega because it's in the game, and Absol would allow her to evolve it

Actually, that idea of a Mega Greninja is a good one. Of course, I only added a current mega because we don't know if the Kalos starters will get a Mega Evolution. Though I do see it likely

That just leaves Ash's seventh Pokemon. I am still confident on Ash rotating between two of his Flying Pokemon, to prevent too much overlap. And I think he will get some sort of powerhouse to replace Goodra, who I am confident we will see again in some form. I'd either go with the sheer bulkiness of Avalugg, or they're finally gonna give Ash the awesomeness of Aegislash.

I am still absolutely confident that Ash will get a new type, and it'll be Phantump

If they don't end the series that is. The anime exists as a marketing tool for the games, but is it really needed? I don't see Mario or Zelda needing any help from a long running cartoon/anime to sell their games so why does Pokemon?

Been going 16 years.

jskylinegtr

Sabine Cerrado and Angela Ken Rojas fan.
Dont think he will get Phantump, He will do a trade bait. which is trade then trade back, evolving it to Trevenant, but instead, it disobeys all the time and is traded for a Lucario.

Status
Not open for further replies.