• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters XY Pokémon Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
I hope ash gets skiddo. It is cute, strong, and can learn some pretty cool moves. It will probably for sure be my favorite grass type of ash if he gets it.

Cresselia92

SM Ash = New Ash
Meh, I'd take Skiddo and/or Pumpkaboo over Phantump any day. No offense to the "vegetal kid" fans, but I prefer the "vampiric pumpkin".

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
But of course that doesn't matter, because in the end, they are likely just going to shove Skiddo on Ash's team.

I totally expect it, I mean I'm against Ash having Skiddo (and I've already said why), but it's going to happen, because its the obvious choice.

If someone else get Skiddo, then great, but I fully expect the writers to take the cheap/easy/obvious way out and give Ash a Skiddo.

Expect the next capture episode for Ash to be revolve around Skiddo.

How is Skiddo the most obvious choice? I thought everyone believed that Phantump and Pumpkaboo were equally as popular/marketable as Skiddo? I guess I was mistaken; either that or most people changed their opinions overnight. How curious. I really hope Ash does get Skiddo and that people get over this intense hatred that they have. It's just a Pokemon for God's sake and it hasn't done anything to deserve any hatred.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
The Dream World artwork for Phantump and Trevenant has made me fall in love with the pokemon. Nothing against Skiddo, but I need them with Ash. ~

Phantump is the cutest grass type ever.
Yeah, it would be cool for him to be on Ash's team.
He's probably going to get Skiddo though.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
How is Skiddo the most obvious choice? I thought everyone believed that Phantump and Pumpkaboo were equally as popular/marketable as Skiddo? I guess I was mistaken; either that or most people changed their opinions overnight. How curious. I really hope Ash does get Skiddo and that people get over this intense hatred that they have. It's just a Pokemon for God's sake and it hasn't done anything to deserve any hatred.
Yea, he did do something. He isn't capable of learning every single move that exists, and he doesn't look "unique".

Dax

Legend

Because it's the most generic grass type. It's the ideal one the generation offers. Don't be seething because there's a Phantump fan club. Y'all getting your wishes. The writers will ride that Skiddo train, for sure. [img139]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v232/korn0818/ec20fb7f.gif[/img139]

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
But of course that doesn't matter, because in the end, they are likely just going to shove Skiddo on Ash's team.

I totally expect it, I mean I'm against Ash having Skiddo (and I've already said why), but it's going to happen, because its the obvious choice.

If someone else get Skiddo, then great, but I fully expect the writers to take the cheap/easy/obvious way out and give Ash a Skiddo.

Expect the next capture episode for Ash to be revolve around Skiddo.
Know the feeling, talking in circles is just unnecessary

I love how just cause we don't want Ash to get Skiddo automatically equals we hate the thing XD

Instead of seeing actual reasons (Pokedex entry is the closest) of why Phantump or Pumpkaboo wouldn't fit Ash, we get responses that we're just being mean to a fictional character :)

Dax

Legend
Know the feeling, talking in circles is just unnecessary

I love how just cause we don't want Ash to get Skiddo automatically equals we hate the thing XD

Instead of seeing actual reasons (Pokedex entry is the closest) of why Phantump or Pumpkaboo wouldn't fit Ash, we get responses that we're just being mean to a fictional character :)

I agree. I specifically said I have nothing against Skiddo, but its fans just came with torches to attack. I wish we lived in a world with more tolerance.

Skiddo is great, we just want Phantump. Don't get so defensive.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I agree. I specifically said I have nothing against Skiddo, but its fans just came with torches to attack. I wish we lived in a world with more tolerance.

Oh the irony. I have nothing against you wanting Phantump though (although I'll never understand why anyone would want that over Pumpkaboo). At least you're being civilized about wanting it and you aren't throwing Skiddo/Gogoat under the bus by making ridiculous excuses like "it's not marketable/it's bland/it's basic/we've seen Gogoat before/Skiddo is ugly/etc." I've literally heard so many immature, hatred-filled excuses that I'm afraid for Skiddo's future if Ash does get one. It'll be even more bashed than Oshawott. :x

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Phantump and Pumpkaboo are not likely to me as once again, they evolve via trading. That had something to do with Boldore not evolving. So let's say he gets them but never evolves. they are both kinda off design-wise to stay in their base forms. With Froakie and Fletchling likely reaching their final forms then someone on the main elemntal trio will stay as is.

Kanto
- Bulbasaur
- Charmander > Charmeleon > Charizard
- Squirtle

Johto
- Chikorita > Bayleef
- Cyndaquil (> Quilava)
- Totodile

Hoenn
- Treecko > Grovyle > Sceptile
- Corphish
- Torkoal

Sinnoh
- Turtwig > Grotle > Torterra
- Chimchar > Monferno > Infernape

- Buizel

Unova
- Oshawott
- Tepig > Pignite
- Snivy

Kalos
- Froakie > Frogadier > Greninja
- Fletchling > Fletchinder > Talonflame

- Skiddo

There is always at least one that says as. Sometimes it's annoying but in terms of some, it's understandable like Bulbasaur, Squirtle, Corphish, and Buizel. Also some that weren't like Cyndaquil (at the time), Totodile, Oshawott, and Snivy.

This could be just like DP's elemental trio, where two evolve all the way and one stays as is. This could also kind of mirror Buizel vs Crash Waker's Floatzel. Skiddo vs Ramos' Gogoat.

EDIT: So in terms of thinking that the grass one may be the unevolved one this time, Skiddo seems like the most logical choice as it still has some 'umph' to it.

of course it may also depend on Pumkaboo's size but I get the feeling that, that gameplay mechanic will be a single episode focus based on some kind of Pumpkaboo Festival.

Last edited:

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?

I still think Skiddo is the easy way out, but I can't stop what I can't control. If the writer on this show want Ash with the basic Grass type, so be it. This route isn't really any different then them giving Ash Chespin, minus the fact the Goat isn't a dual type.

Otherwise taking a risk (which isn't risky at all in my book) with something else completely unique, be it Phantump or Pumpkaboo, would be the route I take.

Phantump and Pumpkaboo are not likely to me as once again, they evolve via trading. That had something to do with Boldore not evolving. So let's say he gets them but never evolves. they are both kinda off design-wise to stay in their base forms. With Froakie and Fletchling likely reaching their final forms then someone on the main elemntal trio will stay as is.

Kanto
- Bulbasaur
- Charmander > Charmeleon > Charizard
- Squirtle

Johto
- Chikorita > Bayleef
- Cyndaquil (> Quilava)
- Totodile

Hoenn
- Treecko > Grovyle > Sceptile
- Corphish
- Torkoal

Sinnoh
- Turtwig > Grotle > Torterra
- Chimchar > Monferno > Infernape

- Buizel

Unova
- Oshawott
- Tepig > Pignite
- Snivy

Kalos
- Froakie > Frogadier > Greninja
- Fletchling > Fletchinder > Talonflame

- Skiddo

There is always at least one that says as. Sometimes it's annoying but in terms of some, it's understandable like Bulbasaur, Squirtle, Corphish, and Buizel. Also some that weren't like Cyndaquil (at the time), Totodile, Oshawott, and Snivy.

This could be just like DP's elemental trio, where two evolve all the way and one stays as is. This could also kind of mirror Buizel vs Crash Waker's Floatzel. Skiddo vs Ramos' Gogoat.
If Skiddo wasn't/isn't gonna evolve anyway....why not give Ash a Pokemon that can't evolve at all without a special method? Even in their base forms, their sets are hardly lacking?

Last edited:

dman_dustin

How is Skiddo the most obvious choice?
It's the first grass type (excluding Chespin because its going to Clemont), it's was also revealed to everyone BEFORE the games were released, especially Gogoat, and because it is is a basic grass type.

I thought everyone believed that Phantump and Pumpkaboo were equally as popular/marketable as Skiddo? I guess I was mistaken; either that or most people changed their opinions overnight. How curious. I really hope Ash does get Skiddo and that people get over this intense hatred that they have.

Wanting =/= expecting.

My arguments were what I wanted Ash to have and why I wanted Ash with it, not that I am realistically expecting Ash with a ghost/grass Pokemon.

So NO, no one is changing their opinions overnight, I just specifically said I'm against Ash getting Skiddo in the very post you quoted.

It's just a Pokemon for God's sake and it hasn't done anything to deserve any hatred.

To be frank, the only people who hate Skiddo, are those who don't like its design period.

I never hated Skiddo as a Pokemon, if anything I hate the thought of it going to Ash, but those are clearly two different things.

One is hating the Pokemon which is what you seem to be attributing to people like me, the other is hating the idea of something actually happening on the show, which is pretty reasonable.

And to be clear, I'm not going to petty and throw a fit every chance I get to spit on Ash getting Skiddo, no, it will only be when it happens, and around that time. I eventually will get over it, and only on occasion will I throw a pot shot at Skiddo.

But if Ash can't get any ghost/grass Pokemon, then I feel no one on the main cast should, in fact, if the writers are so adverse to the idea of Ash getting one of them, then clearly they should stay Pokemon that only show up on occasion, rather than shoved down our throats with someone who isn't Ash. If however Ash were to get a ghost/grass Pokemon, then the other one....can make its way onto the main cast as well.

And to answer your question why Phantump is preferred over Pumpkaboo.

Pumpkaboo is cute, sure, but Phantump is technically cuter, I wouldn't mind Ash with a Pumpkaboo, since I love the name, but I'm just so biased to Phantump and Trevenant, plus I despise Gourgeist for being the evolution to the cute Pumpkin thing, thank you gamefreak for ruining Pumpkaboo with that thing.

But Trevenant is like perfect for being the evolution of Phantump, I wouldn't even care if Phantump never evolved, because I like Phantump just as much as Trevenant, so I'm fine, but if Ash gets Pumpkaboo, I don't want some temporary trade story revolving around Pumpkaboo evolving. Pumpkaboo should stay unevolved.

I definitely prefer Phantump solely because Pumpkaboo can't compare to the Phantump images in Joltik's signature nor the actual sprite you can actually see in the games, the basic sprite for Phantump doesn't do it justice, you have to see the sprite in the game, to see Phantump in the best possible way.

Cresselia92

SM Ash = New Ash
I'm more or less on the same boat about Pumpkaboo. If it joins the cast it should stay unevolved. Not a big fan of Gourgeist.

However, that's not necessarily a bad thing. If it (and maybe something else) stay unevolved, then the other Pokémon (bar Pikachu, of course) will have a better chance to evolve.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
At this point, I'm indifferent which Grass type Ash gets anymore. Either way, the writers are going to give him one of these three and a large portion of the fan base will b**** & moan for at least 2-4 weeks, make occasional snarky comments by the time we're halfway through the series, partly accept it with a few negative comments here & there once the saga is close to the end, and then start speculating and arguing again once the Gen VII series begins and say stuff like "let's not have a repeat of Ash getting _____ this time"

Since the beginning, I've been fine with all three (Skiddo, Phantump, & Pumpkaboo) since I love all of their designs, and with the way the writing seems so far (hope I'm not Jynx-ing anything), I think they could do a good job handling Ash having any of these pokémon. Who knows, with the way he rotated in BW, he could get more than one

Last edited:

Luthor

At this point, I'm indifferent which Grass type Ash gets anymore. Either way, the writers are going to give him one of these three and a large portion of the fan base will b**** & moan for at least 2-4 weeks, make occasional snarky comments by the time we're halfway through the series, partly accept it with a few negative comments here & there once the saga is close to the end, and then start speculating and arguing again once the Gen VII series begins and say stuff like "let's not have a repeat of Ash getting _____ this time"

Since the beginning, I've been fine with all three (Skiddo, Phantump, & Pumpkaboo) since I love all of their designs, and with the way the writing seems so far (hope I'm not Jynx-ing anything), I think they could do a good job handling Ash having any of these pokémon. Who knows, with the way he rotated in BW, he could get more than one

well i'd argue there are 6 options (flabebe as a replacement grass type, Trevenant from a horde encounter or a snover that becomes mega abomnasnow) but those 3 you mentioned are the most likely. Personally whatever it is i'll be happy. I'm just glad for once Ash hasn't ended up with the grass starter.

LAWLZ FUNNY MAN

Pokemon Trainer
Ash's Kalos Team:

Main Team- Pikachu, Greninja, Talonflame, Phantump, Pancham, Goomy

Reserves: Noivern, Tyrantrum, Dragalge, Slurpuff, Clauncher, Pyroar,

Pikachu- Thunderbolt, Quick Attack, Iron Tail, Volt Tackle/Electro Ball

Greninja- Water Shuriken, Night Slash, Ice Beam, Hydro Pump

Talonflame- Steel Wing, Flare Blitz, Brave Bird, Quick Attack

Phantump- Confuse ray, Wood Hammer, Phantom Force, Psychic

Pancham- Crunch, Slash, Sky Uppercut, Power-Up-Punch

Goomy- Sludge Wave, Dragon Pulse, Muddy Water, Thunderbolt

RESERVES-

Noivern- Hurricane, Draco Meteor, Focus Blast, Boom Burst

Tyrantrum- Head Smash, Crunch, Dragon Tail, Poison Fang

Dragalge- Sludge Bomb, Dragon Pulse, Thunder, Shadow Ball

Slurpuff- Fairy Wind, Draining Kiss, Flamethrower, Energy Ball

Clauncher- Swords Dance, Crabhammer, Smack Down, Aqua Jet

Pyroar- Work Up, Flamethrower, Hyper Voice, Wild Charge

Serena's Kalos Team:

Main Team- Delphox, Gogoat, Rhyperior, Mamoswine, Blastoise, Aurorus

Delphox- Energy Ball, Fire Blast, Psychic, Shadow Ball

Gogoat- Bulk Up, Horn Leech, Aerial Ace, Double Edge

Rhyperior- Rock Wrecker, Megahorn, Hammer Arm, Thunderpunch, Giga Impact

Piloswine- Ice Shard, Ancient Power, Peck, Take Down

Blastoise- Surf, Flash Cannon, Ice Beam, Focus Blast

Aurorus- Hyper Beam- Thunderbolt, Blizzard, Surf

Clemont's Team:

Main Team- Diggersby, Chesnaught, Heliolisk, Magnezone, Manectric

Diggersby- Return, Mud Shot, Rotiller, Double Kick

Chesnaught- Hammer Arm, Spiky Shield, Wood Hammer, Toxic

Heliolisk- Thunderbolt, Grass Knot, Dragon Tail, Low Sweep

Magnezone- Thunder Wave, Flash Cannon, Signal Beam, Discharge

Manectric- Overheat, Thunderbolt, Hyper Beam, Take Down

Bonnie's (Possible Team):

Main Team- Dedenne, Klefki, Espurr

Dedenne- Nuzzle, Thudnerbolt, Play Rough, Parabolic Charge

Klefki- Spikes, Foul Play, Fiary Wind, Metal Sound

Espurr- Confusion, Attract, Round, Dark Pulse

Possible Rival/ Frederick's Team:

Main Team- Mega Blaziken, Pangoro, Aegislash, Mega Lucario, Avalugg, Haxorus

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
Ash's Kalos Team:

Main Team- Pikachu, Greninja, Talonflame, Phantump, Pancham, Goomy

Reserves: Noivern, Tyrantrum, Dragalge, Slurpuff, Clauncher, Pyroar,

Pikachu- Thunderbolt, Quick Attack, Iron Tail, Volt Tackle/Electro Ball

Greninja- Water Shuriken, Night Slash, Ice Beam, Hydro Pump

Talonflame- Steel Wing, Flare Blitz, Brave Bird, Quick Attack

Phantump- Confuse ray, Wood Hammer, Phantom Force, Psychic

Pancham- Crunch, Slash, Sky Uppercut, Power-Up-Punch

Goomy- Sludge Wave, Dragon Pulse, Muddy Water, Thunderbolt

RESERVES-

Noivern- Hurricane, Draco Meteor, Focus Blast, Boom Burst

Tyrantrum- Head Smash, Crunch, Dragon Tail, Poison Fang

Dragalge- Sludge Bomb, Dragon Pulse, Thunder, Shadow Ball

Slurpuff- Fairy Wind, Draining Kiss, Flamethrower, Energy Ball

Clauncher- Swords Dance, Crabhammer, Smack Down, Aqua Jet

Pyroar- Work Up, Flamethrower, Hyper Voice, Wild Charge

Serena's Kalos Team:

Blastoise- Surf, Flash Cannon, Ice Beam, Focus Blast

Aurorus- Hyper Beam- Thunderbolt, Blizzard, Surf

Clemont's Team:

Main Team- Diggersby, Chesnaught, Heliolisk, Magnezone, Manectric

Diggersby- Return, Mud Shot, Rotiller, Double Kick

Chesnaught- Hammer Arm, Spiky Shield, Wood Hammer, Toxic

Heliolisk- Thunderbolt, Grass Knot, Dragon Tail, Low Sweep

Magnezone- Thunder Wave, Flash Cannon, Signal Beam, Discharge

Manectric- Overheat, Thunderbolt, Hyper Beam, Take Down

Bonnie's (Possible Team):

Main Team- Dedenne, Klefki, Espurr

Dedenne- Nuzzle, Thudnerbolt, Play Rough, Parabolic Charge

Klefki- Spikes, Foul Play, Fiary Wind, Metal Sound

Espurr- Confusion, Attract, Round, Dark Pulse

Possible Rival/ Frederick's Team:

Main Team- Mega Blaziken, Pangoro, Aegislash, Mega Lucario, Avalugg, Haxorus

I hope to arceus ash doesn't get that many pokemon.

Sephora

yes I'm back
I hope to arceus ash doesn't get that many pokemon.

Same here like what o.o

Serena's Kalos Team:

And why does Serena have a Piloswine? Ummm no.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.