• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters XY Pokémon Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I hope that as well. But who could return? Hm... maybe Mime Jr., who may showcase its newly found Fairy-type?

The obvious choice to me would be Jessie's one pokemon who can battle lol. Seviper deserves to come back and kick some *** for once.

If they wanted Jessie with 2 Kalos Pokemon then they should've let James bring back one of his Pokemon. Why does Jessie need three Pokemon while James with 2. I know Wobbuffet is hardly a viable Pokemon but still, Jessie doesn't need two viable Pokemon and one conditional Pokemon with James only having 2 viable Pokemon.
Well, technically, you could count Meowth in as one "conditional" Pokémon, or rather, Meowth and Wobbuffet both as extra TR members. Then both Jessie and James would have two viable Pokémon each. I guess it depends on how you look at it really.

Litleo is surprising, Pancham not so much (it's actually what I wanted for TR). But I don't know if I'd count it as confirmed just yet (or then I'm just super skeptical), any translations of that image around?

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I find it hard to believe that Pancham and Litleo will belong to Jessie and James. I mean there's even a Pokemon "D" listed there. Do people really expect Jessie and James to catch Pancham, Litleo, and whatever Pokemon D is within the next few episodes? I just find that to be very unlikely; even Ash isn't catching new Pokemon that quickly. Regardless, I can't actually read where it says Kojiro or Musashi. So the rumors might just be that; rumors.

dman_dustin

Well, technically, you could count Meowth in as one "conditional" Pokémon, or rather, Meowth and Wobbuffet both as extra TR members. Then both Jessie and James would have two viable Pokémon each. I guess it depends on how you look at it really.

Litleo is surprising, Pancham not so much (it's actually what I wanted for TR). But I don't know if I'd count it as confirmed just yet (or then I'm just super skeptical), any translations of that image around?

If Pikachu was on there I would be a little skeptical.

But it has every single Pokemon that we know are with Team Rocket. And with Team Rocket being below the Pokemon, I can't help but think its confirmed.

And while I can see your point since with Meowth it would technically be 6 Pokemon including mystery Pokemon, I still don't like the uneven style, but I guess having technically having 7 Pokemon would be awkward, but oh well, I guess I'm fine with it. I just hate seeing James being screwed over. Just because of Meowth.

(@ Charmed) And I don't think the writers care about Ash's Pokemon because, their reasoning to load Team Rocket with Pokemon is because of how idiotic they were treating Team Rocket's Pokemon in Unova. This might be a way to fix that.

comedian

Metal Saint
The previous scan of the poster was an entirely different one and a lot smaller and harder to read and I posted it quite a few weeks ago.

Umm...

ow7y.png

Unless there's the slight chance that the Litleo and Pancham toys are just there to be there, I'm pretty sure this is good confirmation. Speculation on what the mystery Pokemon is?

fair enough...

nuzamaki90

I find it hard to believe that Pancham and Litleo will belong to Jessie and James. I mean there's even a Pokemon "D" listed there. Do people really expect Jessie and James to catch Pancham, Litleo, and whatever Pokemon D is within the next few episodes? I just find that to be very unlikely; even Ash isn't catching new Pokemon that quickly. Regardless, I can't actually read where it says Kojiro or Musashi. So the rumors might just be that; rumors.

Who says they have to catch them in the next few episodes? That wasn't the case with Mime. Jr, Carnivine, or Yanma?

And I really don't see how it's hard to believe they may catch these two Pokemon, I mean Pancham and Litleo are in the same little section as the rest of TR. Pancham can't evolve unless it's trained around another Dark-type, and James already has Inkay. Also, from what I said before, Jesse and female Pyroar's hair are near identical.

Eievui-Nymphia

XY, gen of dreams.
Moveset info:
Pikachu
Tail Whip, Thundershock, Growl, Play Nice, Quick Attack, Thunder Wave, Electro Ball, Double Team, Nuzzle, Slam, Thunderbolt, Feimnt, Agility, Discharge, Light Screen, Thunder, TM 6, 10, 16, 17, 18, 21, 24, 25, 27, 28, 31, 32, 42 44, 45, 48, 49, 56, 57, 70, 72, 73, 86, 87, 88, 90, 93, 94, 100 HM4.

Chespin:
Tackle, Growl, Vine WHip, Rollout, Bite, Leech Seed, Pin Missile, Take Down, Seed Bomb, Mud Shot, Bulk Up, Body Slam, Pain Split, Woodn Hammer, Grass Pledge TM 5, 6, 8, 10, 11, 12, 17, 21, 22, 23, 27, 28, 31, 32, 33, 36, 39, 40, 42, 44, 45, 47, 48, 53, 56, 65, 66, 67, 70, 71, 74, 75, 78, 80, 84, 86, 87, 88, 90, 94, 96, 98, 100 O1, O4.

Fennekin:
Stratch, Tail Whip, Ember, Howl, Flame Charge, Psybeam, Fire Spin, Lucky Chant, Light Screen, Psyshock, Flamethrower, Will-o-Wisp, Psychic, Sunny Day, Magic Room, Fire Blast, Fire Pledge TM 3, 6, 1, 11, 16, 17, 18, 20, 21, 22, 27, 29, 32, 35, 38, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 48, 49, 50, 59, 61, 63, 77, 85, 86, 87, 88, 90, 98, 100.

Froakie: Pound, growl, Bubble, Quick Attack, Lick, Water Pulse, Smokescreen, Round, Fling, Smack Down, Substitute, Bounce, Double team, Hydro Pump, TM 6, 10, 12, 13, 14, 17, 18, 21, 23, 27, 28, 32, 39, 40, 42, 44, 45, 46, 48, 49, 55, 56, 62, 80, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 94, 98, 100, O1, O3, O4, O5.

Bunnelby: Tackle, Agility, Leer, Quick Attack, Double Slap, Mud-Slap, Take Down, Mud Shot, Double Kick, Odor Sleuth, Flail, Dig, Bounce, Super Fang, Facade, Earthquake, TM 6, 8, 10, 17, 21, 23, 26, 27, 28, 31, 32, 36, 37, 39, 41, 42, 44, 45, 46, 48, 56, 66, 71, 78, 80, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 93, 94, 96, 98, 100, O1, O3.

Fletchling: tackle, Growl, Quick Attack, Peck, Agility, flail, Roost, Razor Wind, Natural Gift, Flame Charge, Acrobatics, Me First, Tailwind, Steel Wing, TM 6, 10, 11, 12, 17, 19, 21, 27, 32, 40, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 48, 50, 51, 62, 75, 87, 88, 89, 90, 100, O2.

Pancham (because I'm surprised if the didn't join the cast): Tackle, Leer, Arm thrust, Work Up, Karate Chop, Comet Punch, Slash, Circle Throw, Vital Throw, Body Slam, Crunch, Entrainment, Parting Shot, Sky Uppercut, TM 5, 6, 8, 10, 11, 17, 18, 21, 27, 28, 31, 32, 36, 39, 40, 42, 44, 45, 47, 48, 49, 54, 56, 65, 66, 67, 71, 75, 78, 80, 86, 87, 88, 90, 94, 98, 100, O1, O3, O4.

Inkay: Tackle, Peck, Constrict, Reflect, Foul Play, Swagger, Psywave, Topsy-Turvy, Hypnosis, Psybeam, Switcheroo, Payback, Light Screen, Pluck, Psycho Cut, Slash, Night Slash, Superpower, TM 4, 6, 10, 11, 12, 17, 18, 21, 24, 27, 29, 32, 35, 40, 41, 42, 44, 45, 46, 48, 56, 63, 66, 67, 70, 77, 80, 87, 88, 90, 92, 97, 100.

Dedenne: tackle, Tail Whip, Thundershock, Charge, Charm, Parabolic Charge, Nuzzle, Thunder Wave, Volt Switch, Rest, Snore, Charge Beam, Entrainment, Play Rough, Thunder, Discharge, TM 6, 10, 11, 17, 18, 21, 24, 25, 27, 28, 32, 40, 42, 44, 45, 46, 48, 56, 57, 67, 68, 70, 72, 73, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 93, 94, 100, O1.

Last edited:

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
So Litleo for Jessie huh... I can think of a specific member here that might not be all that pleased to hear that. But from that, I think it confirms Talonflame will be treated as a Fire type

dman_dustin

Who says they have to catch them in the next few episodes? That wasn't the case with Mime. Jr, Carnivine, or Yanma?

And I really don't see how it's hard to believe they may catch these two Pokemon, I mean Pancham and Litleo are in the same little section as the rest of TR. Pancham can't evolve unless it's trained around another Dark-type, and James already has Inkay. Also, from what I said before, Jesse and female Pyroar's hair are near identical.

Except unless the writers decided to just spoil their teams, they aren't going to list a group of Pokemon that won't happen for 6 months or a year.

At most 4-8 episodes.

Which begs the question, what month is this merchandise for, as in how long do we have to find out what mystery Pokemon is?

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys

um who said they have to happen in the next few episodes lol?? There is gonna be quite the break between the first and second gym so there is plenty of time for them to catch one pokemon each(Since the mystery pokemno could be one of their older ones).

Even if it isn't though, we have to remember that Jessie technically hasn't captured anything yet so them each catching two pokemon would be too unfair since Wobbufett is more like a 4th member then a pokemon.

Lorde

Those Pokemon obviously wouldn't be promoted as merchandise if they weren't going to show up soon. That's how promo works; you hype something that will happen in the near future, not something that'll happen 40 or more episodes from now. Which is why I'm not convinced that those Pokemon will be caught by Jessie and James; them catching three Pokemon within the next dozen or so episodes would be overkill imo.

World Turtle

So going by that toy promo image...
Ash: Froakie, Fletchling
Serena: Fennekin
Clemont & Bonnie: Bunnelby, Dendenne, Chespin, and quite possibly Heliolisk.
Team Rocket: Inkay, Litleo, Pancham, and plus apparently one other currently ???

That's 11/32 possible Pokemon (just by counting the evolution lines and subtracting the Legendaries). Though we don't know who the last TR one is.

Technically I suppose Jessie can get Litleo/Pyroar F and Ash could Litleo/Pyroar M which would lead too... "Uh... What are they doing?" (Ash)

*Sniffle* "Breaking my heart" (Meowth)

"No one's given you the talk yet have they twerp?" (Jessie)

"I'll do it!" (Serena)

EDIT: So are there any toy promotion images like this with Ash and Pikachu? Might help us to narrow the list.

Last edited:

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
Litleo is one of my favorite gen 6 pokemon, so I'm glad it is confirmed for a main character. I'm hoping that it and pancham actually get uniqur personalities like inkay so we don't get a repeat of the otherwise robot-like drone pokemon from their unova team. I think if the litleo is female, we could get some hilarious antics with it and meowth. I have a strong feeling that the mystery pokemon is one of the halloween duo.

Last edited:

Eievui-Nymphia

XY, gen of dreams.
Pancham and Litleo wasn't confirmed to be with Team Rocket. They can, but they are not confirmed.

However, Litleo don'0t make sense to go froma nother because:
It's expect to catched before febraury 2014 (XY16). We know thta Serena won't catch it for obvious reasons., Ash can catch it but given how likely Fletchling is evolving I doubt it. i doubt that Clemont is going to catch anything else now. Which gives only TR to catch it.

Exist, a possibility B wuth Clemont that i won't mention. I only said that is related to Bunnelby vs Heliolisk.

Surprisingly for many of you, I have not many reports of many Dedenne merchandise except early promotion, same (or even less) with Bunnelby, and those appear to be promotion for specially early episodes. Which i se ea lot for next months is Pikachu, Kalos Satrters, Xerneas and Yveltal (those guys has merchandise for themsleves in December), and Pancham, and in a lesser way, Litleo and Helioptile. After that, there are species like Dedenne; however, Sylveon, Vivillon, Inkay, Bunnelby get similar treatment.
And the lates PitaPoke (even though they don'0t make the keys) and trozei 2 creeps me a bit.

And there's for March 21st, 2014, some big thing: Ash and Piakchu merch; and Ash and Fennekin merch, but Clemont gets nothing in this.

And the opening has to change one scene heavily(or be outdated) to acommodatenew cptures in it, because I don't except Ash with 3 species and Serena with 1 during 70 episodes.

Wow! When The Great Butler asked me which Pokémon I thought would end up with TRio, I said Litleo and Pancham. I know it's not confirmed but that would be awesome if I actually got it right because that was a complete guess.

Lorde

Litleo is one of my favorite gen 6 pokemon, so I'm glad it is confirmed for a main character.

Except it isn't, which is why the person who posted the poster image asked if Jessie and James's Japanese names names were mentioned on said poster since that would be confirmation that Jessie and James would get those Pokemon. At the moment nothing has been confirmed though since nobody can read what it says.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Pancham possibly a Team Rocket Pokemon? Please don't let it be true. Please do not put another favorite of mine with bad trainers. They did this in Sinnoh when they gave Empoleon, my favorite Sinnoh Pokemon, to rivals lame and lamer and now they might push sweet, innocent Pancham on Team Rocket? No! It can't happen again! Pancham deserves better then Team Rocket! Excuse me while I go cry in my bathroom. PARENA/SERECHAM FOREVER!

Cresselia92

SM Ash = New Ash
I don't really care about Pancham and Litleo possibly going to Team Rocket. I just wish that they will have decent personalities, instead of being simple battle machines. I would love if they someday evolved into a Pangoro and a Pyroar, but I don't see that happening. Oh, well.

After seeing the Pokedex again, there is a Pokemon that I wouldn't mind seeing with Serena for whatever reason: Snubbull, a Pokemon who is considered popular among women (according to the dex). I would like if it evolved into a Granbull and became one of Serena's powerhouses, maybe even being used against Iris's Dragon-types to promote the Dragon vs. Fairy contrast.

Last edited:

Lorde

Pancham possibly a Team Rocket Pokemon? Please don't let it be true. Please do not put another favorite of mine with bad trainers. They did this in Sinnoh when they gave Empoleon, my favorite Sinnoh Pokemon, to rivals lame and lamer and now they might push sweet, innocent Pancham on Team Rocket? No! It can't happen again! Pancham deserves better then Team Rocket! Excuse me while I go cry in my bathroom. PARENA/SERECHAM FOREVER!

We mustn't lose hope; we must continue to spread the gospel of Parena/Serecham.

If the poster is really confirming that those Pokemon will be caught by the trio (and that's a big if), then I do believe that mystery Pokemon (Pokemon D) is either Phantump or Pumpkaboo. Please let it be Phantump so that people can get their fill of the species while Ash gets either Pumpkaboo or Skiddo as his Grass-type. Everyone would win in that situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.