• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters XY Pokémon Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
There is no way James's Inkay would evolve. Maybe if he gets something else before Kalos ends, but since Hoenn and until D/P's end he has always had a cute Pokemon on hand.
and he's been left in the dust harder than Brock.

He deserves it. He'll never be as good as Brock or Cilan

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Phantump would be a good fit for James. I can imagine James finding one or the other way around.....like in the route towards the Pokemon Village.

It could even make a good counterpart with Gourgeist but like with Malamar, if it evolves, it doesn't float anymore.

water trainer

Knuckle Trainer
It could even make a good counterpart with Gourgeist but like with Malamar, if it evolves, it doesn't float anymore.

Malamar is part Psychic type, most Psychic types float using their Psychic powers.

I don't see Malamar happening for James, I think another capture would happen before that, TR really need to get another Pokemon, Inkay and Gourgeist are getting stale.

04n70n10

No clues for this 6th pokemon. I think that a good place to caught it could be the Pokémon Village, in a supposed arc that involve Wulfric (if the story takes something from the games at this point). A good setting seems for Phantump, becouse a forest is a good place for this Ghost/Grass pokemon.

Like many already said, a Goodra's return is not out of question, maybe even with this 6th pokemon. Seems to me a situation similar (although with all their differencies) to Charizard in Jotho, too powerful and in order to develop well the others mons he have to leave somewhere. We still have to develop Noibat decently, for example. So maybe Goodra will return for the league, i don't think before. No a problem for me if he won't return, but my thought is, what's the point to have a Goodra? only for have a (not so long) arc and only to beat Luxray (?) yes, it could be at the end, but it's strange.

Last edited:

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Personally I hope he comes up with something for Mega evolution since he is a gadgetry inventor of sorts. Plus I wanna see a chance at a plausible Mega-Luxray that could come out in Z or possible WhateverEmerald. It would give him a new purpose since he's done with battling Ash as a gym leader. I mean Bonnie has her Puni-Chan and he's been left in the dust harder than Brock.

We have to assume that there's still a story in the fact that his dad is a Mega Evolution using superhero. That needs to be part of his story, I can't honestly think of us leaving the XY-series behind without Clemont having realized that his father is Blaziken Mask, or that we at least get some nod that he knew all along, but kept quiet for Bonnie or something. That gun simply can't be left hanging.

That being said, he's done battling Ash.. But he did pummel Sawyer into the ground, and Sawyer doesn't have the Voltage Badge yet, and they're seemingly returning to Lumiose City. Clemont's going to have a serious problem if he faces Mega Sceptile..

But if he got to borrow a certain Ampharos, and if a certain Ampharos knew how to Mega Evolve, than he'll be able to use a Dragon-type of his own. That or Mega Luxray (please happen!). The animé apparently loves the Mega Evolutions that add the Dragon-type, so why leave out Ampharos now?

No clues for this 6th pokemon. I think that a good place to caught it could be the Pokémon Village, in a supposed arc that involve Wulfric (if the story takes something from the games at this point). A good setting seems for Phantump, becouse a forest is a good place for this Ghost/Grass pokemon.

Like many already said, a Goodra's return is not out of question, maybe even with this 6th pokemon. Seems to me a situation similar (although with all their differences) to Charizard in Johto, too powerful and in order to develop well the others mons he had to leave somewhere. We still have to develop Noibat decently, for example. So maybe Goodra will return for the league, i don't think before. No a problem for me if he won't return, but my thought is, what's the point to have a Goodra? only for have a (not so long) arc and only to beat Luxray (?) yes, it could be at the end, but it's strange.

Well, that and the fact that Charizard had no purpose promoting Gold/Silver/Crystal.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
We have to assume that there's still a story in the fact that his dad is a Mega Evolution using superhero. That needs to be part of his story, I can't honestly think of us leaving the XY-series behind without Clemont having realized that his father is Blaziken Mask, or that we at least get some nod that he knew all along, but kept quiet for Bonnie or something. That gun simply can't be left hanging.

That being said, he's done battling Ash.. But he did pummel Sawyer into the ground, and Sawyer doesn't have the Voltage Badge yet, and they're seemingly returning to Lumiose City. Clemont's going to have a serious problem if he faces Mega Sceptile..

But if he got to borrow a certain Ampharos, and if a certain Ampharos knew how to Mega Evolve, than he'll be able to use a Dragon-type of his own. That or Mega Luxray (please happen!). The animé apparently loves the Mega Evolutions that add the Dragon-type, so why leave out Ampharos now?

Well, that and the fact that Charizard had no purpose promoting Gold/Silver/Crystal.

Humph. I will only accept a Clemont vs Sawyer match if Clemont wins! The last thing poor Clemont needs is to lose to Sawyer, to make up for Sawyer always losing to Ash just to job Sawyer out at the league. I will accept nothing short of Clemont winning. Even if it would make more sense to have Sawyer win, I'd hate the reasoning behind it. Yes I am that petty.

I doubt Clemont will get a new Pokemon, even with Bonnie. Hopefully Serena can squeeze one final capture (Clauncher) in since she's likely to just have 3-4 Pokemon. The females teams get smaller and smaller each region.

MegaSalamence05

I like the concept with the two Zygarde Cores.
The Blue Core is regular Zygarde Core and 50% forme while Puni Chan is regular Zygarde Core and 10% forme.

You could wasily combine the two due to their alternate formes and you get the Perfect 100% forme of Zygarde. Its a good tablesetter to how they approach the rest of this arc.

diakyu

So I noticed the Team Flare scientists are sticking very closely to their in-game teams. Does that mean Xerosic likely has Malamar and could it be those Malamar from earlier in the series?

nickdt

So I noticed the Team Flare scientists are sticking very closely to their in-game teams. Does that mean Xerosic likely has Malamar and could it be those Malamar from earlier in the series?

Yeah, most likely. That is why i personally believe a Xerosic vs James clash during the TR vs TF fight.

Phillip12

Philuxio
Once everybody's complaining that I'm speculating just about 6th capture to be Skiddo, I'll speculalate about the others things that I think it will happen in the anime forward:
-Noibat will evolve soon;
-Eevee will evolve soon;
-Serena will earn 3th princess key;
-The Zygard Arc will end up;
-Ash wil battle Alan Charizard;
-Ash wil battle Sawyer's Sceptile;
-Ash will make the last kalos capture, that I think it will be Skiddo;
-Ash and friends will meet with Tierno, Shauna and Trevor and Knowing their new Venusaur and Charizard.
-Jessie will earn 2th princess key
-Ash will battle for the 8th badge and win.(Maybe 6x6 battle, I'm hoping that it is)
-Iris will come back with a Gabite/Garchomp
-Jessie will earn 3th princess key
-Serena will make a 4th capture that I think it will be a Mudkip.
-Serena and Jessie Will participate in the máster class and will lose to Shauna
-There will be a break like always, before the league.
-It will happen the league
-Ash's Goodra will come back
-Ash's Gible will evolve or before the league like cyndaquil, or in a battle.
-Ash will win against Tierno, being a final battle Godra vs Mega Blastoise.
-Trevor won't battle with Ash because will lose to another trainer like Shawyer or Allan (if Allan participate)
-Ash will win against Sawyer being a final battle Greninjash vs Mega Sceptile
-Maybe he won't battle Allan , if battleing, Greninjash will defeat Mega Charizard X, if Allan participate)
-Ash will lose in the final against a trainer that will use Mega Swampert against his Pikachu, with advantage of Mega evolution and be a ground type.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
There is no way James's Inkay would evolve. Maybe if he gets something else before Kalos ends, but since Hoenn and until D/P's end he has always had a cute Pokemon on hand.

I think Malamar's too ugly for him any ways plus we already have those 3 evil ones around so I dunno if Inkay would evolve given the circumstances either.

ShadowForce720

I think Malamar's too ugly for him any ways plus we already have those 3 evil ones around so I dunno if Inkay would evolve given the circumstances either.

Well considering the writers actually bothered to show us some good Malamar that Inkay did get to meet, I don't think the fact that there are 3 evil Malamar would stop Inkay from evolving. Also another thing to consider is that if Inkay were to evolve it would probably be while it's fighting the evil Malamar and trying to protect James from them.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Well considering the writers actually bothered to show us some good Malamar that Inkay did get to meet, I don't think the fact that there are 3 evil Malamar would stop Inkay from evolving. Also another thing to consider is that if Inkay were to evolve it would probably be while it's fighting the evil Malamar and trying to protect James from them.

I see but I dunno if I'd want to see James own a Malamar honestly just from personal preference. I'm not a fan of the species and I kind of think he should keep Inkay unevolved cuz it's not like James needs a strong pokemon any ways. ^^

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
really don't see the appeal of night slash on Greninja since it's basically Cut colored purple.

How about Mat Block to replace Double Team, i'd love to see how that move is preformed plus it could help in certain situations.

Afrodisiac

break up w yo gf, im bored
really don't see the appeal of night slash on Greninja since it's basically Cut colored purple.

How about Mat Block to replace Double Team, i'd love to see how that move is preformed plus it could help in certain situations.

Agreed, not only it's a signature move and follows the ninja motif, it could also serve as both deffensive (like in the games) and offensive (SSB4) tool.

Only problem I can think of is the actual tatami, how is it going to appear out of nowhere especially outside a facility/building?

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Agreed, not only it's a signature move and follows the ninja motif, it could also serve as both deffensive (like in the games) and offensive (SSB4) tool.

Only problem I can think of is the actual tatami, how is it going to appear out of nowhere especially outside a facility/building?

remember when Cilan's Dwebble learned Rock Slide against Trip's Gurdur and summoned rocks from seeming no where.

it could just spawn the thing for all we know.

i2i

Big Bad Wolf

Actually Night Slash does follow the ninja motif since its basically a ninja blade and it also gives Greninja a Dark type move which that alone is enough of a reason for it to learn that move.

Afrodisiac

break up w yo gf, im bored
Actually Night Slash does follow the ninja motif since its basically a ninja blade and it also gives Greninja a Dark type move which that alone is enough of a reason for it to learn that move.

I know, but I wouldn't have a problem with Gren not learning NS at all since it's basically a purple-colored cut and I'd rather see variety within its moveset.

Since STAB doesn't matter at all in the anime I don't see why it's that neccesary for the frog to learn a dark-type move.

For me a Water Shuriken/Aerial Ace/Mat Block/Extrasensory would be ideal, the latter 2 are certainly unlikely though.

nameman

I know, but I wouldn't have a problem with Gren not learning NS at all since it's basically a purple-colored cut and I'd rather see variety within its moveset.

Since STAB doesn't matter at all in the anime I don't see why it's that neccesary for the frog to learn a dark-type move.

For me a Water Shuriken/Aerial Ace/Mat Block/Extrasensory would be ideal, the latter 2 are certainly unlikely though.

Disagree about Mat Block. The move hasn't been revealed yet in the Anime. There is a good chance it replaces Double Team.

Status
Not open for further replies.