• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters XY Pokémon Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidD001

so we're getting...
-Astrid & her Mega Absol
-Dragon Tamer Remo & his Mega Garchomp named Garchu
-Sawyer & his Mega Sceptile [wearing a green mega scarf
-Alain & his Mega Charizard X vs Trevor & his Mega Charizard Y

This is certainly interesting to put it mildly lol.

XxlapsxX

There's a ceartain sad irony that out of the entire rival trio the one with the least personality, character growth, focus, interactions, and battle prowess ends up getting the Mega

Just... What were they thinking? I guess they figured they HAD to have an X vs Y showdown somewhere but really?

Agree. This decission just makes no sense. And now we have to watch a fight where Alain rapes that M-Zard Y, cause there is no chance of Trevor could win that battle.

Last edited:

Red and Blue

So I guess they are going to be hyping up the identity of the sixth pokemon all throughout the league arc

NitroLightningFlash

Wait how do we know Tierno doesn't have a Mega Blastoise though? I couldn't see on the scans xD

Imo the 6th Pokemon has to be Goodra, with all the merchandise and things it's been in, plus there's no sign of a capture episode before the League (going by the new supposed titles). There's just the Goodra episode (maybe Ash catches the Carbink there but doesn't take Goodra back...), unless something happens in the festival episode and Ash gets a Pokemon there as a prize or something (may happen though i guess if the writers want to).

Last edited:

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
Has it been specified that Lizardon-Y belongs to Trova, it could easily be someone else's if the trainer's identity hasn't been revealed and they've acknowledged Ayaka and the Gablias-owning Mega Trainer from the first Act but no Tierno nor Trova, oddly enough.

DavidD001

Going by the three new episode titles it seems that Sawyer is going to battle Tierno cause what other recent trainer has a Raichu other than Tierno...answer is no one does other than Tierno.
I'm going to make my speculation pairings for this now...
-Alain & Mega Charizard X vs Trevor & Mega Charizard Y
-Sawyer & Mega Sceptile vs Tierno, Raichu & Mega Blastoise
-Astrid & Mega Absol vs Remo & Mega Garchomp

And Ash will be having a 6th pokemon for the Kalos League...very likely its Goodra or the Writers will give us a surprise.

Afrodisiac

break up w yo gf, im bored
Has it been specified that Lizardon-Y belongs to Trova, it could easily be someone else's if the trainer's identity hasn't been revealed and they've acknowledged Ayaka and the Gablias-owning Mega Trainer from the first Act but no Tierno nor Trova, oddly enough.

[IMG300]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CjhfpZcUgAEcG23.jpg[/IMG300]

NitroLightningFlash

I'm actually upset about the fact that likely Trevor and Tierno will be took out of the League without Ash actually facing them (Trevor will likely lose against Alain with his Charizard Y because Alain will probably face Ash and Tierno may lose to Sawyer if the Raichu in the title is his, since Sawyer has Mega Sceptile and he'll probably face Ash because the Ash Greninja and Mega Sceptile rivalry)

DavidD001

Mega Charizard Y is confirmed to be Trevor's. its shown in the scans. Trevor is right next to Mega Charizard Y as they are fighting against Alain's Mega Charizard X.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Trevor is not that bad, and personally I find his quirks hell of a lot more interesting than Tierno's ridiculous dancing.

Oh man, the sh**ty justifications have begun :D.*

Yep, looks like we are getting another wasted league. Eugh. I'm glad that Astrid and Remo are back though, even if it makes little sense for them to be here over anyone else.

*I'm happy that Trevor got M-Charizard too, but seriously the current situation is completely laughable.

Soniman

Break the Limit
Oh man, the sh**ty justifications have begun :D.*

Yep, looks like we are getting another wasted league. Eugh. I'm glad that Astrid and Remo are back though, even if it makes little sense for them to be here over anyone else.

*I'm happy that Trevor got M-Charizard too, but seriously the current situation is completely laughable.

Maybe if XY spent tune building up their rivals it wouldn't be so bad lmao, Tierno and Trevor were pathetic since day 1 and it's sad to see them get fed like lambs to the slaughter but at guess it's for the best to make way for the fiercer competition

Last edited:

Janovy

Banned

GalladeRocks

Son of a Beach
So Trevor likely won't be showing off anything besides Charizard, no big surprise there. I'm guessing that Sawyer vs. Tierno is at least the second round, so hopefully it will be at least 2v2 like BW, if not 3v3. Given how this League is being built up as a huge Mega-fest anyway, I'll be surprised if Tierno doesn't show off Mega Blastoise. I'm hoping it's a 3v3 battle so we can also see whatever his sixth Pokemon is.

Also apparently it's confirmed that Ash isn't using reserves, Carbink isn't caught, and Goodra doesn't permanently return, as it specifically mentions he only has five Pokemon on hand until he reaches the full battle round, where he has to bring in a sixth (presumably Goodra).

Last edited:

World Turtle

So I guess the League will be done in August. They're usually around 7 episodes. That leaves us with a little over 10 episodes to finish up the saga.

Can't wait to see what else Alain has now that he's confirmed to be in the league. Also, Ash doesn't catch another polemon because he only brings his current 5 to the league. The blurb mentions that the 6th arrives so I'm guessing Goodra arrives kinda like Gliscor once Ash reaches the full 6 vs. 6 match.

dman_dustin

Also apparently it's confirmed that Ash isn't using reserves, Carbink isn't caught, and Goodra doesn't permanently return, as it specifically mentions he only has five Pokemon on hand until he reaches the full battle round, where he has to bring in a sixth (presumably Goodra).

Hard to tell honestly. Without clearer context one could argue Ash does "currently" have five Pokemon as of the magazine coming out, and telling you to look out for his 6th Pokemon to be captured in an upcoming episode.

But it'll likely just be Goodra.

GalladeRocks

Son of a Beach
Hard to tell honestly. Without clearer context one could argue Ash does "currently" have five Pokemon as of the magazine coming out, and telling you to look out for his 6th Pokemon to be captured in an upcoming episode.

But it'll likely just be Goodra.

Yeah, that's fair. I'm just expecting Goodra, it would make a lot more sense than a last-second undeveloped capture. Cool as it would be for Ash to get Carbink, I hope it doesn't happen since the League is this soon.

dman_dustin

Yeah, that's fair. I'm just expecting Goodra, it would make a lot more sense than a last-second undeveloped capture. Cool as it would be for Ash to get Carbink, I hope it doesn't happen since the League is this soon.

I guess it might depend on if Ash needs his Goodra OR Ash needing a rock/fairy Pokemon.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I think Goodra's pretty much confirmed at this point. The scans seem to suggest that Ash is definitely keeping his 5 team with him and I really don't see him calling one reserve per battle.

It would honestly be foolish for Ash to catch a pokemon then use it in the league two episodes later.

Status
Not open for further replies.