• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters XY Pokémon Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Illusio

No words, only rage
I'm honestly curious when we'll get to Ash's first big battle. The title's have pretty much only focused on the rivals, so I'm wondering how they're going to set up the battle to follow up those two episodes.

I think Goodra's pretty much confirmed at this point. The scans seem to suggest that Ash is definitely keeping his 5 team with him and I really don't see him calling one reserve per battle.

It would honestly be foolish for Ash to catch a pokemon then use it in the league two episodes later.

Hey, Cameron did it. :p

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I'm honestly curious when we'll get to Ash's first big battle. The title's have pretty much only focused on the rivals, so I'm wondering how they're going to set up the battle to follow up those two episodes.

Hey, Cameron did it. :p

There's a big difference between him revealing a pokemon and catching one two episodes before the league.

k6666

Pikachu Fan
call it ash sixth is dusnparce hahah
it obviously goodra

riceant

The vs. Screen you plainly see his bowl haircut and green back pack straps

So Trevor faces mega salamence first? Damn that poor mega salamence trainer getting rekt in the first found... you'd think with an Uber legendary like that you'd make it past round 1. Oh well, Trevor just gets rekt in 2nd round then.

So Trevor faces mega salamence first? Damn that poor mega salamence trainer getting rekt in the first found... you'd think with an Uber legendary like that you'd make it past round 1. Oh well, Trevor just gets rekt in 2nd round then.

It's not a Mega Salamance though, you can clearly see Alan's head on the board.

Navin

MALDREAD
So I guess the League will be done in August. They're usually around 7 episodes. That leaves us with a little over 10 episodes to finish up the saga.

The league can go all the way to September 1 (or 8 assuming there's a skip weak). The 15th could be a breather (show Flare preparations underway), and the next four episodes can be Flare conclusion. The last two episodes of October can wrap things up.

Alola could begin right away in November. Of course, if the anime isn't in any hurry to get to Alola until December, then that's several more episodes to tack onto the end.

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
I'm somewhat disappointed that, after so many episodes after, Ash didn't use full team in the region. I like goodra and all, if it's the probably 6th slot, but bothers me that Ash didn't caught anything after noibat/noivern. Well, let's work with what we have, I think.

This battle will be great. I'm excited about being able to see Trevor and Tierno battle. They were never that important story-wise, so they're not necessarily people that need to battle Ash. They were simply trainers that shared a goal, but there wasn't an actual rivalry. The only people Ash needs to battle is Alain and Shota...and Astrid...but that's only because I need a girl that can put everyone in their places.

I'm kinda sure Alain smashed her by Act 1, while she defeated Ash in Diancie movie. So, I kinda want to see Ash have the honor to kick her out the competition (because megaevo doesn't enough to make Astrid a Houenn league's Katie tier).

Last edited:

Red and Blue

The league can go all the way to September 1 (or 8 assuming there's a skip weak). The 15th could be a breather (show Flare preparations underway), and the next four episodes can be Flare conclusion. The last two episodes of October can wrap things up.

Alola could begin right away in November. Of course, if the anime isn't in any hurry to get to Alola until December, then that's several more episodes to tack onto the end.

Hasn't every anime series ended the week before the new games came out? If so XY will end of November 10th

AuraGuardian448

Aura Guardian
Looks like now is a bad time to come back. I'd rather not have the league and who will be in it spoiled for me. I don't see how others can be so fine to the fact.

OT: Alan's face was clearly shown on that screen board, as well as Zard Y (that's not Mega Salamence... lol. Seriously people? There's at least two prominent indicators that prove it's not MS). I did express the potential several times (with multiple supports) in Alain being a league rival, it was never a foolish theory, especially given his relevance in the XY series.

Not entirely sure however if the Zard Y is his though. If it's Trevor's, this means Alan and Trevor fight (Charizard vs Chaizard). If not, then Alan got rid of the X stone for the Y stone. (This is all solely off only knowing as much information of the league as the image I saw, nothing else, aside from Astrid's relevance also -_-'.)

P.S If anyone replies to this post, I likely won't see it, as I will not come back until the league is finished.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
Looks like now is a bad time to come back. I'd rather not have the league and who will be in it spoiled for me. I don't see how others can be so fine to the fact.

OT: Alan's face was clearly shown on that screen board, as well as Zard Y (that's not Mega Salamence... lol. Seriously people? There's at least two prominent indicators that prove it's not MS). I did express the potential several times (with multiple supports) in Alain being a league rival, it was never a foolish theory, especially given his relevance in the XY series.

Not entirely sure however if the Zard Y is his though. If it's Trevor's, this means Alan and Trevor fight (Charizard vs Chaizard). If not, then Alan got rid of the X stone for the Y stone. (This is all solely off only knowing as much information of the league as the image I saw, nothing else, aside from Astrid's relevance also -_-'.)

P.S If anyone replies to this post, I likely won't see it, as I will not come back until the league is finished.

Pretty sure that Alain is using Mega Charizard X since there are two and it is hard to imagine him ditching the X stone. Trevor is perfect for showing off the Y mega and is likely to do so.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Sorry, in what world does Carbink "fit Ash"?

I've always wondered how any specific pokemon 'fits' him hee hee. In Carbink's case it seems like an average species to me and if we were in the middle of X&Y I wouldn't have a problem if Ash caught it, but I don't see the use of him catching one now when we have Goodra so close by right before the league begins. ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.