• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters XY Pokémon Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
Ok I might be reading into this too much but the way all are position I think lucario might actually be part of team flare.

That was confirmed.

nickdt

Last edited:

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
That shouldnt be too much of a surprise.

Yeah, especially with the uncut Mega Stone from the first Mega Evolution special, and that shot of Lysandre grabbing that Mega Stone, but aside from that, there hasn't been any reference to a Mega Gyarados in recent merchandise, I don't think.

Ok I might be reading into this too much but the way all are position I think lucario might actually be part of team flare.

I don't think so. It might just be Korrina's. If it does belong to someone, then I'm going with Xerosic, since the rest already have a Pokemon or two and Xerosic hasn't been shown with a Pokemon at all. That's if he doesn't have a Malamar as his main, like in the manga.

Janovy

Banned
Does that mean the villain using it has a good heart?
Mega Evolution requires a close bond, not a good heart.

An evil trainer and an evil Pokemon can have a close bond and thus the evil Pokemon can evolve.

Tabasco Boshi

★★★★★
Wonder if Team Rocket is going to leave their Kalos pokemon at team rocket's base with their other pokemon?
For the sake of continuity they better bring Inkay and Gourgeist to Alola. And then they can catch one Pokémon each there. 3 Pokémon for Jessie & 2 for James seems right. I still can't believe James is going to be with just one Pokémon for the whole XY series.

TheScentedApple

For the sake of continuity they better bring Inkay and Gourgeist to Alola. And then they can catch one Pokémon each there. 3 Pokémon for Jessie & 2 for James seems right. I still can't believe James is going to be with just one Pokémon for the whole XY series.

And it hasn't learnt any new moves since episode 4

DavidD001

And it hasn't learnt any new moves since episode 4

I agree that its annoying that Inkay hasnt had a moveset upgrade since it was caught....which it knows only 3 attacks.
Heck Jessie's Pumpkaboo/Gourgeist got 3 moveset upgrades since it was caught and evolved...started with 2 attacks then progressively got a 3rd, 4th then 5th attacks.

DatsRight

It's a crime that Inkay didn't learn Topsy Turvy.

Then again a key problem with Kalos TR is that they started off good and then remained completely static, not upgrading or getting any new Pokemon or even making many new schemes. It's like the writers wanted them to go back to being completely outclassed by Ash so ground them to a halt so the twerps could surpass them.

Granted I've wanted Meowth to learn a new move since the original series.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
The funny thing is that James and Jessie will likely have to give up Pumkaboo and Inkay to Giovanni like they did with Woobat, Frisllish, Yamask, and Amoonguss.

They go from 4 gifts to 2.

They should have just gotten two new Pokémon at the start of XY&Z honestly. They should have reworked the Litleo and Phantump fillers and just given Litleo to Jessie and Phantump to James.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
34 - July 21 - Ash vs Shota 1/2
35 - July 28 - Ash vs Shota 2/2
36 - Aug 4 - Lost Chespin eppy
37 - Aug 11 - Ash vs Alain 1/2
38 - Aug 18 - Ash vs Alain 2/2
39 - Aug 25 - TF attack 1/5
40 - Sept 1 - Mentions Zygarde, so TF attack 2/5?
41 - Sept 8 - Mentions Malamar, so TF attack 3/5?
42 - Sept 15 - Mentions Lucario, maybe good guys assemble to fight back, so 4/5?
43 - Sept 22 - Mentions Greninja, maybe this episode is when Greninja fights the final antagonist and wins, hopefully 5/5 of the TF arc.
44 - Sept 29 - either TF clears up this episode if it wasn't last episode, or random mini arc of random episodes starts till the end.
45 - Oct 6 -
46 - Oct 13 -
47 - Oct 20 -
48 - Oct 27 -
49 - Nov 3 -
50 - Nov 10 - Either goodbye episode or second last episode
51 - Nov 17 - Goodbye episode or the first episode of sun and moon

I'm so excited I can't stop thinking about the episodes and what not :D

nickdt

42 - Sept 15 - Mentions Lucario, maybe good guys assemble to fight back, so 4/5?
43 - Sept 22 - Mentions Greninja, maybe this episode is when Greninja fights the final antagonist and wins, hopefully 5/5 of the TF arc.
44 - Sept 29 - either TF clears up this episode if it wasn't last episode, or random mini arc of random episodes starts till the end.
45 - Oct 6 -
46 - Oct 13 -
47 - Oct 20 -
48 - Oct 27 -
49 - Nov 3 -

I doubt November 17 is the first Episode of Sun and Moon, since the game comes out a day after. Most likely its the week after, november 24, since that is the game releasedate for Europe and Australia.

colomb

45 - Oct 6 -
46 - Oct 13 -
47 - Oct 20 -
48 - Oct 27 -
49 - Nov 3 -

There will probably be a break on the 17th when the games come out and xy would end on the 10th. We could also get another break, especially around September like in previous years, with xy&z being only 49 episodes and 142 overall for xy.

Paree

I'm gonna miss XY.Its been my favorite series by far.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
I doubt November 17 is the first Episode of Sun and Moon, since the game comes out a day after. Most likely its the week after, november 24, since that is the game releasedate for Europe and Australia.

ah okie! I wasn't sure how they did it, like if they have breaks between seasons, if the anime starts a week before the games or if the games come out and then the anime starts type deal, so that's why I left some leeway there.

There will probably be a break on the 17th when the games come out and xy would end on the 10th. We could also get another break, especially around September like in previous years, with xy&z being only 49 episodes and 142 overall for xy.

alright that makes sense,
I was hoping people would comment with that kind of information. So there's usually a week gap between the new season and old season?
and also you said there's usually a gap in september, does that have to do with kids returning to school or anything?
I was hoping for no more gaps at all but I knew that would be difficult.

Status
Not open for further replies.