• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters XY Pokémon Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because it has a connection to her, it likes her, I don't see why there needs to be some drastic reason.

Maybe Serena was young, found and injured Fletchling and nursed it back to health and it likes her because of it.

Does it really matter. It's a Fletchling not an Excadrill.

Plus it's happened in the Manga. So nothing should prevent it from happening in the anime.

Sorry don't buy it. If she's this close with this random bird, then she has no business choosing a starter because she already has a partner.

Ash with a Spritzee would be an interesting choice, and it could act as its flyer if any potential evo(s) of it have flying as the secondary type. Most importantly for me, it gives Ash a new type if that were a possibility.

JD

Besides Froakie..the only thing I want for Ash is him to capture Tyrunt and keep Fennekin far away from his team. It's been over ten years and he still hasn't had a fossil Pokemon yet.

Cuddy

Cyndaquil Master
If it could be Ash's Pokemon, why it did not land on Ash instead? They will not show that image to us if it does not mean anything. It is not like Dawn/Glameow part, because we already knew that Glameow was Johannas.

noakai

If someone was going to have a Pokemon before they actually got their starter, the regional bird would be the one most likely to have imo. They're literally everywhere, I'd assume, and there's a million reasons there could be one in her house (it's a family members, she found it when it was injured, it wandered over and she fed it, who knows). It's not a Pokemon that's gonna make you go "oh she spent a lot of time learning how to train Pokemon because it's this rare one/it's evolved", it's probably like a pigeon that you find out in your yard and keep, not a huge deal.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Besides Froakie..the only thing I want for Ash is him to capture Tyrunt and keep Fennekin far away from his team. It's been over ten years and he still hasn't had a fossil Pokemon yet.

While this does sound cool, and X & Y really seems to be breaking a lot of formulas from the previous generations, I sadly think it'll be a cold day in hell before Ash gets a fossil pokémon

dman_dustin

Sorry don't buy it. If she's this close with this random bird, then she has no business choosing a starter because she already has a partner.

I'm not seeing the issue, it's just a little bird that clearly likes Serena.

It's hardly a partner Pokemon, it's just a Pokemon she has before being given a Pokemon.

And as it's been said (by people who speak Japanese), Serena is just picking up a Pokemon at Professor Sycamore or whatever.

Shraeder

It's Lit
If someone was going to have a Pokemon before they actually got their starter, the regional bird would be the one most likely to have imo. They're literally everywhere, I'd assume, and there's a million reasons there could be one in her house (it's a family members, she found it when it was injured, it wandered over and she fed it, who knows). It's not a Pokemon that's gonna make you go "oh she spent a lot of time learning how to train Pokemon because it's this rare one/it's evolved", it's probably like a pigeon that you find out in your yard and keep, not a huge deal.

Iris and Excadrill contradict this.

nuzamaki90

And yet somehow people can't be fine with 2 fire types on the same team.

You're reason doesn't make any sense, considering its a game thing and not all related to the anime, especially the preview that clearly goes against your theory.

The preview was not about Serena getting up opening the window in her Pajamas and it just landed on her head, she flipped her hair with her normal clothes on and then it landed on her, likely in a room with closed windows and doors.

How doesn't it make sense? It's a small in-game sequence that could be showcased easily in the anime. It's like you think game scenes are never reworked into the anime. The preview doesn't go against my "theory" because we still don't know how the sequence goes, we just know a Fletchling comes into your house and comes into your room when the game starts, and that looks exactly like what's happening here.

I didn't say anything about pajamas, nor did the interview. Your own post went against what you're thinking because like you said, all it did was land on her head, not implyng anything but that it's a friendly Fletchling.

"Likely in closed doors"

Now you're just grasping at straws.

JD

While this does sound cool, and X & Y really seems to be breaking a lot of formulas from the previous generations, I sadly think it'll be a cold day in hell before Ash gets a fossil pokémon

I'd be so happy if Ash got a fossil Pokemon Tyrunt would be the perfect one too the writers missed an opprutunity with Archen now would be the time to make it up.

CovertNinja

Pokemon Master
I think a Pyroar (female) would be interesting for Ash simply because I don't believe any of his prior Fire types have been female and this would be a nice way to showcase one.
I'm really open to anything considering we've only had what, like 40 Pokemon revealed? So there is a solid 50 more possibilities for captures.

May got Squirtle from Oak despite having a lot of pokemon already with her. Ash got Oshawott from Juniper's lab too. And in the games Professor Sycamore gives out the Kanto starters despite your character having one of the Kalos starters. So overall, I don't think it'd be a huge deal for her to get a starter in the lab despite possibly having a pokemon already.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer

That didn't stop protagonists from the adventures manga from getting starter pokémon

Anyway, if Team Rocket does get Inkay, as the poster and trailers have hinted, do you think Jessie or James will catch it?

I'm not seeing the issue, it's just a little bird that clearly likes Serena.

It's hardly a partner Pokemon, it's just a Pokemon she has before being given a Pokemon.

And as it's been said (by people who speak Japanese), Serena is just picking up a Pokemon at Professor Sycamore or whatever.

So she already has a pokemon who she's not close with but chooses a starter who she will get close with? That's a great way to promote how unimportant bird pokemon are.

Last edited:

Shraeder

It's Lit
That didn't stop protagonists from the adventures manga from getting starter pokémon

Anyway, if Team Rocket does get Inkay, as the poster and trailers have hinted, do you think Jessie or James will catch it?

Manga =/= anime

I think James since Jessie already has Wobbufett

I'm hoping Jessie does. I just can't see James with it. I know that's always an iffy argument, but Inkay screams Jessie, imo. As for James, I honestly don't know what to guess for him. He's a wildcard for me.

I think James since Jessie already has Wobbufett

Jessie's had more Pokemon than James through a lot of the Pokemon series as a whole, particularly in AG & DP.

Status
Not open for further replies.