1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pocket Monsters XY Pokémon Review Thread

Discussion in 'Animé Spoilers' started by Dephender, Sep 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Navin

Navin MALDREAD

Pikachu/Quilladin/Greninja/Talonflame/Aurorus/Pangoro ....plz Ash

2. Cresselia92

Cresselia92 SM Ash = New Ash

I like Amaura, but I find it a bit hard that a main character will get a fossil Pokémon. However, various patterns and taboos have been broken in BW, so... maybe?

3. dman_dustin

dman_dustin Well-Known Member

Skiddo/Gogoat don't offer anything new.

And Bergmite is hardly a quadruped. it's more like Goomy. It has very tiny ice appendages that appear to be legs, and I haven't seen enough of it to confirm that it is a quadruped. I'll give you Avalugg but nah.

Meanwhile Amaura is a very interesting never before seen type combination. Has a very cool ability and is likely to learn freeze dry which is super effective against water despite being an ice type move.

4. Tuskie Tyrant Yoko Kurama

Tuskie Tyrant Yoko Kurama Fancy footwork

My thoughts. I mean it's possible, but I just don't see a main character owning a Fossil Pokemon. :/

5. I was hoping for blastoise in kanto,samurott in unova,and now its greninja hopefully this time it works

Also @dustin just because a pokemon doesnt offer anything new right now doesnt mean it shouldnt be with ash, we dont know everything about gogoat yet, chespin and the other two grass type lines doesnt fit ash's style like skiddo/gogoat imo the only thing two of them can give ash is the ghost type he needs

6. An00bis

An00bis Wicked Witch

It's unlikely he'll get a fossil. If he geta a fossil he'll get the more masculine one (Tyrunt).

I'm guessing within the realm of possibility. Ash will get a Grass Type. Skiddo is a Grass Type.

7. Linkdarkside

Linkdarkside Well-Known Member

would be great if Ash get Tyrunt wile Serena get Amaura.

8. yuoke

yuoke Treasure huntin'

Just a stretch, but I would like if sometime during xy, bonnie reveives an egg, and it eventually hatches into a pichu. It can grow up and learn from pikachu, and eventually evolve near the end of the saga.

9. harsh551

harsh551 pokemon master

It will be nice to see if tyrunt and amaura are natural rivals in the wild just like surviper and zangoose and ash getting amaura and his rival having a tyrunt..

10. yuoke

yuoke Treasure huntin'

It's not likely either fossil pokemon will be that common.

11. shelldude400

shelldude400 Well-Known Member

My Predictions (in a spoiler in case you don't want some mons spoiled)
    Ash
    Pikachu
    Froakie -> Frogadier
    Fletchling->Fletchlinder->Talonflame
    Chespin

Those I expect at the very least. Adding onto that, :
    Frogadier -> Greninja
    Honedge -> Doublade -> Aegislash
    Goomy/Bergmite

I still think Ash will get Chespin and it won't evolve, but my opinion may change in time :p
    Froakie looks like it could evolve at least once, but it should fully evolve imo :3
    Fletchling is nearly a given to fully evolve....
    Now for Honedge, it'd be a great asset as it gives Ash two new types, and another decent powerhouse pokemon. I could see Aegislash being used offensively a lot by Ash and Ash could potentially learn to use it's form change thing correctly making it a strong fighter :) I don't think it would stay as a Doublade very long however.
    I put Goomy or Bergmite in as they're both small pokemon that could fight well like Gible. Only if they're depicted as the real cute one, Chespin could evolve, but I can see Ash's rival having a Chesnaught if Froakie is Ash's main starter, as rival picks the counter to you ;)
    Anyway, that's a more realistic wishlist for me hehe..

Serena:
    Fennekin->Braixen
    Scatterbug->Spewpa->Vivillion
    Skiddo
    Flabebe->Floette
    Espurr->Meowstic (F)
    Rhyhorn/Kanto Starter/ Previous Gen pokemon

Fennekin seems likely for Serena, and I think it would eventually evolve into Braixen but stay as Braixen and not evolve into Delphox, but you never know :p
    Scatterbug looks like a good capture for Serena just like May's Wurmple and Ash's Caterpie, a little bug type to evolve into a butterfly to show the trainer evolutions and stuff...
    I put Skiddo there if Serena is going to be a racer thing, as you can ride Skiddo.. :p
    Flabebe looks suitable to Serena as well, showing off the fairy type and I think it could evolve once at least
    Espurr looks like someone she could catch down the line and evolve it into a female Meowstic in the end
    And for the last slot I really don't know, Rhyhorn if it is a racing dream, kanto starters if they feel the need to show it off, otherwise a previous gen pokemon like Mawile to show off Mega Evo's... maybe...

As for Clemont I seriously have no idea, the only thing I can think of (apart from Bunnelby and Dedenne) would be the Mareep line. So yea.
    My predictions will probably better when we're into the anime for a bit, but this is what I can think of for now.

12. Lorde

Lorde Banned

I wasn't aware that Ash had caught a goat Pokemon before. And technically, Skiddo and Gogoat are "new" Pokemon so I don't get what the issue is with Ash getting them.

13. HatersGonnaHate

HatersGonnaHate Throwing Shade

Is it true there's only like 70 new pokemon total including the megas? That's a huge drop from Unova's 150. I'm screaming!

14. Lorde

Lorde Banned

69 if I remember correctly, and that's not including the mega Pokemon. I'm actually glad that things ended up like this because at least it'll prevent Ash from having a huge team imo. He won't be able to catch too many new species of Pokemon since Clemont and Serena will have to get some as well and the smaller selection of new Pokemon will hopefully ensure that rotation doesn't happen.

15. yuoke

yuoke Treasure huntin'

Yea, it is true, but....not counting old pokemon pre evos/evos gen 2, there were only like 81 pokemon. Basically the same in gen 4. And there are still a lot of unknown megas. So really it isn't that drastic.

16. i know it wont happen but i would like bonnie to get tyrunt, i read somewhere that tyrunt doesnt show much affection and has a proud nature,so i was thinking that bonnie would try to get close to it show affection but tyrunt doesnt and it distances it from bonnie but when bonnie is in trouble it comes to protect her then evolves

17. HatersGonnaHate

HatersGonnaHate Throwing Shade

Agreed. The last thing we need is a repeat of BW's rotation attempt. I mean I appreciate the writers trying it out but the result wasn't pretty. 5-6 Kalos pokes + Pikachu should do it for Ash.

18. Buechs44

Buechs44 Aipom Master

I agree. No more rotation please

19. wildheart90

wildheart90 Awesome

I am hoping Ash catches Absol, this way he will have a mega evolution always on the team and it also provides a dark type for pancham to evolve should Ash catch one.

20. even though the kalos starters dont get mega evo he would get a dark type in greninja and also i hope serena is the one that gets pancham and it evolves in a double battle with ash and greninja

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.