• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters XY Pokémon Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheFonz

Pokemon Semi-Master
I'm surprised people got bored of his Hoenn team so fast. The 8 gyms were basically the Pikachu, Taillow/Swellow, Treecko/Grovyle, and Corphish show with Torkoal appearances sprinkled in with a dash of other traveling companion's Pokémon showing up. As well as Contests, and some interesting characters. It was very refreshing to see a team have good and entertaining personalities as well as kick butt in battle. Then sadly Glalie left his no loss legacy in the Hoenn League and was never shown again.

I also think 4Kids having some damn good scripts helped too. Besides a few mess ups with the Trainer Choices

*Edit*
THANKS A BUNCH FOR POSTING GAME SPOILERS IN ANIME SPOILERS Good thing I caught it and didn't look. Yes, let's say how weird Gen VI looks and post everything and ruin the surprise of the game.

Maybe some people don't want to be spoiled with people having copies illegally? I dare someone to say to avoid the internet, I dare

Last edited:
I'm surprised people got bored of his Hoenn team so fast. The 8 gyms were basically the Pikachu, Taillow/Swellow, Treecko/Grovyle, and Corphish show with Torkoal appearances sprinkled in with a dash of other traveling companion's Pokémon showing up. As well as Contests, and some interesting characters. It was very refreshing to see a team have good and entertaining personalities as well as kick butt in battle. Then sadly Glalie left his no loss legacy in the Hoenn League and was never shown again.

I also think 4Kids having some damn good scripts helped too. Besides a few mess ups with the Trainer Choices

*Edit*
THANKS A BUNCH FOR POSTING GAME SPOILERS IN ANIME SPOILERS Good thing I caught it and didn't look. Yes, let's say how weird Gen VI looks and post everything and ruin the surprise of the game.

Maybe some people don't want to be spoiled with people having copies illegally? I dare someone to say to avoid the internet, I dare

How is it spoilers? That list only showed the pokemon with their typings. Nothing of stats were listed. But fine, I removed it.

An00bis

Wicked Witch
I don't really get it, either. This is a Spoilers Forum so you should expect all types of Spoilers when you come here.

We've known all the Generation 6 Pokemon that'll be up for grabs for about two days now so you'll be seeing more speculation with Pokemon that were not officially revealed to the public yet. I'm not trying to be rude, but I'd just want people who come here to understand that they're doing so at the risk of being spoiled considering the nature of this section.

Last edited:

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Honestly Hoenn was really stale IMO, Sinnoh only wasn't stale to me because of the epic battles.

I want him to have a team of 6 up until ~the 6th gym where he catches a reserve Pokemon, that way the original 6(including Pikachu) still manage to get decent development before the 7th Pokemon is caught.

Sinnoh wasn't stale because when compared to Hoenn in terms of team, stuff happened: More captures, more evolutions, a trade, a pokemon getting ditched and adopted, farewells. Ash had about 7 (or 8 counting Quilava) evolutions before the league, compared to Hoenn's 3. It's not hard to see why one got stale and the other didn't.

*Edit*

Of course the Hoenn team got boring really fast. There were only four pokemon doing anything.. And of those, only two evolved once.

To be completely fair, they've purchased their copies fair and square. They have paid the same amount for the games that you and I will on October 12th. There's nothing illegal in what they have done, with regards to having their copies. The stores have breached the selling date, so it's not the players fault/illegal activity.

Case and point, stores will get a $2000 fine for every sold game, prior to the release date. And they can't touch the people who have bought the games anymore, it's the stores fault.

So, I just went to Smogon and I saw something with regards to Talonflame's moveset, I'll be gentle and post in spoilertags:
The bird learns Aerial Ace, Brave Bird, Flame Charge and Flare Blitz. With this moveset, Ash won't need another Fire-type quite honestly, unless they really, really need a pokemon with a potential Flamethrower-like move. Good lord this bird is going to raise hell...

The f to spoiler tags not working.. -.-

Last edited:

shelldude400

Put spoiler=name and that should fix it. But yea, I think Talonflame would serve as a fire type just fine for Ash's team :)

Nacreous

Fire trainer
So,contests are back?I'm so glad!Hopefully,Serena will be amazing with :

Fennekin>Braixen
Pancham
Mawile>Mega Mawile
Noibat>Noivern

Last edited:

MastersOfMonsters

~Yaoi FanBoy~
Contests are back? Really? have we seen/read that? Must have missed it. D:

Ash&Pikachu-Fan

Pika-Speed
So,contests are back?I'm so glad!Hopefully,Serena will be amazing with :

Fennekin>Braixen
Pancham
Mawile>Mega Mawile
Noibat>Noivern

Receipts please? I've only seen people asking for whether or not there are any "mini games", like contests or just, talking about Pokemon Amie. I hope this is false.

And I don't know if Serena will or anyone on the main cast will get a Mega Pokemon but if she does, I suppose Mega Mawile is fine. I don't think Ash will get any though, unless she somehow did.

Chomper4

Aces I want to see for Ash against the Gym Leaders he faces based on how I see his team:

Clemont (his companion): Pikachu
Viola: Fletchling
Grant: Froakie
Korrina: Fletchinder
Ramos: Pikachu
Valerie: Klefki
Olympia: Tyrunt -> Tyrantrum
Wulfric: Braixen -> Delphox

As for Pokemon Ash will use based on what I think:

Clemont (his companion): Pikachu
Viola: Pikachu, Fletching
Grant: Fennekin, Froakie
Korrina: Tyrunt, Froakie, Fletchinder
Ramos: Pumpkaboo, Fennekin, Pikachu
Valerie: Skrelp, Pikachu, Klefki
Olympia: Frogadier, Gourgeist, Tyrunt -> Tyrantrum
Wulfric: Talonflame, Greninja, Braixen -> Delphox

As for the main character teams, including Team Rocket:

Ash: Pikachu, Talonflame, Greninja, Delphox, Gourgeist, Tyrantrum, Klefki
Serena: Quilladin, Swilrlix, Furfrou, Litleo, Goomy
Clemont: Dedenne, Helilisk, Diggersby, Emolga, Magnezone

Jessie: Wobbufett, Inkay, Doublade
James: Pangoro, Binacle

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Put spoiler=name and that should fix it. But yea, I think Talonflame would serve as a fire type just fine for Ash's team :)

Lol, that worked.. On the topic of the Fire-type.. I'm hoping that eventhough my own Talonflame will be a physical beast, that Ash's gets something like Ember-> Flamethrower. It's just such a staple, and Ash shouldn't need to get an extra Fire-type just to use it. For example, Staraptor was awesome, but it was hindered by having only physical moves. Pidgeot and Noctowl are the only ones that have the ratio down to an artform. Sadly, Pidgeot is gone with the wind. Noctowl is the mixed bulky bird. I want Talonflame to be the mixed speedster.
- Pidgeot: Mixed Bulk.
- Noctowl: Mixed Multitype moveset and bulky. (Psychic/Flying)
- Swellow: Physical speed.
- Staraptor: Physical bulk
- Unfezant: Mixed speed
- Talonflame: Mixed multitype moveset and speedy (Fire/Flying)

Personally, I think it will end up having:
- Wing Attack -> Aerial Ace
- Peck -> Brave Bird
- Quick Attack
- Flame Charge -> Flare Blitz: if we're lucky

But personally, I'd love for something like Flamethrower or Air Cutter to be included to give that special diverisity. Like what Tranquil did against Winona's Swoobat.. 202.jpg

Contests are back? Really? have we seen/read that? Must have missed it. D:

I hope it's a fan lie! :'(

^ Talonflame can potentially learn Heat Wave. I mean all the other birds can learn it so I'm guessing it has a good chance of learning it for the XY games too. So something like this for a moveset:
- Peck -> Brave Bird
- Wing Attack -> Aerial Ace
- Flame Charge -> Flare Blitz
- Heat Wave

Might be possible to see perhaps and it could work for a long distance move.

So...
I'm really liking the Goomy line and it would be cool seeing it on the main cast. Perhaps Ash or Serena could get it. I'm leaning towards Serena because I think it'd be a great powerhouse. For Ash, I think a great dragon would be Tyrantrum but the Goomy line would be pretty cool too.

MastersOfMonsters

~Yaoi FanBoy~
@Locormus
Well, it doesn't seem like anyone knows for sure, so I guess it's just speculation for now. ^^

Shraeder

It's Lit
Receipts please? I've only seen people asking for whether or not there are any "mini games", like contests or just, talking about Pokemon Amie. I hope this is false.

And I don't know if Serena will or anyone on the main cast will get a Mega Pokemon but if she does, I suppose Mega Mawile is fine. I don't think Ash will get any though, unless she somehow did.

I don't have a link, but I saw an image on one of the Instagram leakers' accounts that showed a contest.

Edit: instagram.com/poketrip is the account with the contest image.

Last edited:

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
This is the team i would like Ash to have in this Kalos Saga.

Chespin -> Quilladin -> Chesnaught
Froakie -> Frogadier -> Greninja
Fletchling -> Fletchinder -> Talonflame
Scatterbug -> Spewpa -> Vivillon (Polar Pattern)
Espurr -> Meowstic
Goomy -> Sliggoo
Bergmite -> Avalugg
Clauncher

Last edited:

XanderCage

Loose Cannon Cop
I just want Ash to get a ghost type this region. I don't care what, just give him a ghost.

Ash&Pikachu-Fan

Pika-Speed
I don't have a link, but I saw an image on one of the Instagram leakers' accounts that showed a contest.

Edit: instagram.com/poketrip is the account with the contest image.

I had a quick look, is it the one where a girl is standing on the side which looks sorta like a quiz show? It isn't said to be a contest. It looks more like the girl is Bonnie... Maybe it's another gym challenge? A quiz one, where you battle the trainer if you're wrong like the Hearthome Gym or whatever. It could be Clemont's gym.

This is the team i would like Ash to have in this Kalos Saga.

Chespin -> Quilladin -> Chesnaught
Froakie -> Frogadier -> Greninja
Fletchling -> Fletchinder -> Talonflame
Scatterbug -> Spewpa -> Vivillon (Polar Pattern)
Espurr -> Meowstic
Goomy -> Sliggoo
Bergmite -> Avalugg
Clauncher

Not sure if Ash may rotate due to small amount of Kalos Pokemon available but I wouldn't mind something like this. Although, I'd prefer Ash to catch a Fairy type like Flabebe at least. A female Meowstic sounds nice too, he needs a Psychic type anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.