• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters XY Pokémon Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
I read a statement a couple of pages back, that MegaLucario is the "most likely" mega evolution for a Ash to get in Kalos.. and I'm slightly confused at how it's more likely than either MegaCharizard or MegaHeracross? I mean, he already has both of these Pokemon and STILL shows no sign of capturing a Lucario. Therefore that statement makes zero sense..

As for Ash not capturing a Litleo because it "offers nothing except Fire Fang", I just need to ask how anyone even knows that Fletchling will definitely gain the likes of Flamethrower, etc? I mean sure we'd probably all like it to, but for all we know it might only learn Flame Charge/Flare Blitz and then simply round off its move pool with Steel Wing and Flying/Normal moves. This would of course leave the standard Flamethrower option for Litleo/Pyroar, along with whatever else.

Talonflame:- Flame Charge/Flare Blitz, Steel Wing, Razor Wind, Aerial Ace?
Pyroar:- Flamethrower, Take Down, Dig, Fire Fang?

Yes, I can see the Dig/Fire Fang combinations now..

I would rather see it learn hyper voice.

Alkaid

Pikachu
Froakie - Frogadier - Greninja ( first fully evolved water starter)
Fletchling - Fletchinder - Talonflame ( fire and flying type)
Flabébé - Floette (i think it can learn grass moves)

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
Honestly, I'd love to see Floette in the main cast more than anything because it's adorable.. but unfortunately I just can't see it being a huge battler, in which case it'd probably end up with Clemont as one of Bonnie's captures, or Serena if she does something like Poke-styling..

Shraeder

It's Lit
Ah, I didn't see that, I thought I saw all the fire moves in the TM area, never mind my post then.

I just expect Mega Pokemon to be rare at this moment in time, I'm just having a hard time of there being two mega Lucario's in the show.

If it happens, it happens.

Although I 100% see your point on two Mega Lucarios, I don't think we can denounce it due to the fact that in-game
you fight Korrina's Mega Lucario with the Mega Lucario she gives you.

LizardonX

Banned
I expect Ash to evolve fletchling sometime between gyms 1 and 2. That being said I want him to come across a forest just outside Shalour with a bunch of fletchling,pidgeys, and taillos etc being terrorized by a much stronger flying type say Fearow or Hawkucha. Because Ash is a nice guy and all, he uses his fletchinder to try and save them. In the process it evolves into Talonflame and barely suceeds in driving the enemy off. Ash being the good person that he is does the right thing and releases Talonflame so that the other birds can successfully live out their lives without fear of it suddenly being ended by a much stronger enemy knowing that they have a protector.

Ilikepiex7

I expect Ash to evolve fletchling sometime between gyms 1 and 2. That being said I want him to come across a forest just outside Shalour with a bunch of fletchling,pidgeys, and taillos etc being terrorized by a much stronger flying type say Fearow or Hawkucha. Because Ash is a nice guy and all, he uses his fletchinder to try and save them. In the process it evolves into Talonflame and barely suceeds in driving the enemy off. Ash being the good person that he is does the right thing and releases Talonflame so that the other birds can successfully live out their lives without fear of it suddenly being ended by a much stronger enemy knowing that they have a protector.

the pidgeot story without the promise that he'll come back for it

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer

I hated when they rehashed Bye Bye Butterfree to write Dustox off the show (I actually hate that they wrote Dustox off the show, period, but my point still stands). I hated it when they rehashed The Punchy Pokémon to write Ambipom off the show. And I would hate this. If they must make Ash release anything else (which is another thing that gets on my nerves- he does not need to release anything! Nothing wrong with Oaking them- that, at least, gives him the option of calling upon them whenever he may need them!), then they can at least come up with another original story for it, rather than rehashing old stuff.

ShinyCharyZard

the pidgeot story without the promise that he'll come back for it

So since he didn't promise Pidgeot that he'd come back for it, it'll be exactly the same. All he said is he'd be back as soon as he was done with the GS Ball. He never promised he'd actually pick up Pidgeot upon returning.

Anyway, I'm hoping the original post regarding Fletchling following that path was a joke, since I can't see why people would still like to see any form of release on Ash's team.

LexSuicune

Feraligatr Master
Well according to the spoilers I read (which I know are most likely absolutely false, but they seem very plausible)

Ash will be getting a Lucario to counter his rival's blaziken.

ShinyCharyZard

Well according to the spoilers I read (which I know are most likely absolutely false, but they seem very plausible)

I've seen you mention these so-called spoilers a few times now, is there any way that we could see them?

Lucario being captured to counter Blaziken makes absolutely zero sense, considering its huge disadvantage as a Steel type. If they want to counter that Blaziken in any way, then I'm almost positive that they'll do so with Charizard.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
To be honest, I wouldn't mind if Ash released Talonflame or any Pokemon of his to be honest, but it probably wouldn't happen until the end of XY, if at all. Maybe the original post that I read was a joke and I completely missed it, but I really don't have a phobia when it comes to Pokemon being released if their roles have ended. I sometimes wonder why the writers don't actively do that anymore; I mean it must be easier to let Ash's Pokemon go back into the wild since they don't have to deal with writing about them anymore.

lucario to counter blaziken..... Fire beats steel and fighting also beats steel so it's not the best counter plan

It's ash we're talking about so I wouldn't say it's impossible

World Turtle

What exactly have these spoilers you've read say?

On the Fletchling issue…

I’m pretty sure Fletchling is going to be Ash’s Fire-Type this region.
1: It wasn’t caught first like the last three Regional Birds setting it apart from a three-generation tradition (just noting in Kanto/Johto the honor of “first catch” went to the Bug-types).

2: All of Ash's Regional Birds from Pidgeot to Unfezant were Normal/Flying while Talonflame is Fire/Flying setting it apart from them.

3: Fletchling was caught after Froakie, Ash’s Water-type Starter, and unless the writers are doing something completely different in team formations this time around. Ash catches his Grass, Fire, and Water-types in one order or another. BW did it backwards and it looks like XY will be repeating it. It would not surprise me if not long after Fletchling evolves to Fletchinder (Fire/Flying) Ash will catch his Grass-type.

4: Just counting by evolution lines and no Legends, we really have only 32 Pokemon available here and only three are Fire-types. I don't want to say were going back to a 5-6 amount of new catches, but it honestly looks that way. So a diverse team would be best for Ash.

Honestly, I don’t know what exactly the issue people have with Talonflame pulling double duty is. It opens Ash up to more Types; it breaks a long-standing pattern that has been done since Kanto (Pikachu + Flying Bird, Grass, Fire, Water, and ???), seriously the anime at least looks to be doing something different here, what is there to complain about?

Last edited:

LizardonX

Banned
lucario to counter blaziken..... Fire beats steel and fighting also beats steel so it's not the best counter plan

That's the point.

Anyhoo this would be the absolute safest most boring way they could do Ash team in Kalos.

Pikachu
Froakie->Frogadier
Fletchling->Talonflame
Lucario
Skiddo (Evolution is for sissies)
I'm at a loss here.

dman_dustin

Although I 100% see your point on two Mega Lucarios, I don't think we can denounce it due to the fact that in-game
you fight Korrina's Mega Lucario with the Mega Lucario she gives you.

That's kind of my point, though.

In-game it doesn't matter if two people have the same mega evolution, because of course Gamefreak would never let there be a Pokemon you can't use.

But the anime is different, Pokemon can be rarer, such as mega evolutions.

I wouldn't doubt there being two mega Lucario just not near the same time. Since it would just take away the mystery of mega evolutions. As well as take away Korinna's potential role with Mega Evolution in the anime.

Though I suppose they could just give her a Mega Medicham to compensate.

LOL @ the idea of there being anime spoilers that we haven't heard of before.

Trust me if these spoilers were even remotely real, I'm sure we would've heard of them by now.

Speaking of which, does these spoilers say what Pokemon Ash is going to get?

You know just for laughs

Sephora

yes I'm back
Why does everyone want Ash to get a Skiddo? I feel like I am the only one who thinks it doesn't fit him :/

shelldude400

I don't want Skiddo with Ash, just seems like a worse option for his grass type slot...
Phantump or Pumpkaboo would just at least be unique and offer a new type to Ash.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Why does everyone want Ash to get a Skiddo? I feel like I am the only one who thinks it doesn't fit him :/

I see Skiddo being more fitting of Serena honestly.

The grass types of Kalos don't fit Ash too well so an older gen grass type with some sort of 6th gen upgrade would be best.

I could see Ash with Snover for instance.

It would have to be between bringing back Bulbasaur or catching Snover for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.