• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters XY Pokémon Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sephora

yes I'm back
I think Clemont could get an Ampharos. It might be an interesting option for a Pokemon from the main cast. Especially with its ability to promote Mega Evolutions.

I want Clemont to get an Ampharos, too. I dunno, it just seems like it fits him.

Shraeder

It's Lit
If Clemont were to get a Mega Evolution, I'd want it to be either L'orealAmpharos or Manectric.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Is it sad that I find myself wondering how and when Bulbasaur will appear this region? It's appeared at least once in every saga.

Kanto - Permanent team member
OI - Permanent team member
Johto - Part time team member
Hoenn - Appeared to meet May's Bulbasaur
BF - Returned to face Brandon
Sinnoh - Appeared with Heracross at the lab
Unova - Was out and about to greet Ash upon his return

So however small the part, I feel it will appear in some way.. The question is how?

Well we all know my opinion on this lol.

Come to the dark side!!

Anyways, I like Gogoat, however I only want him with Alexa. Yes I'm aware that one gym leader is gonna have him but I hope no one else will.

I do think Serena would look great with a Skiddo though.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
At the lab with the rest of the Neglected Toys, I imagine.

I don't think he'll come back to evolve if that's what you're implying.

Oh no, I'm in no way expecting a return to fill the Gras type slot and evolve. I'm proud to be pro-Skiddo..

I'm just expecting it to appear at least once, somehow, like it has in every saga to date.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
Well we all know my opinion on this lol.

Come to the dark side!!

Anyways, I like Gogoat, however I only want him with Alexa. Yes I'm aware that one gym leader is gonna have him but I hope no one else will.

I do think Serena would look great with a Skiddo though.

Ash had like 4 or 5 pokemon that were on gtm leader teams.in unova.

shadowF

I want clemont to have the pokemon he had in his gym battle In pokemon x and y. Or when ash battles him to have him use those pokemon.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Ash had like 4 or 5 pokemon that were on gtm leader teams.in unova.

And?? I'm saying I don't want him to have Alexa's pokemon. I am partial to Alexa's Gogoat as he is pretty awesome :).

~Magic Thunderbolt~

Ash can get a Skiddo for the cute factor. If it evolves into Gogoat why not.

Bulbasaur should appear near the tail end of the saga IMO.

Ilikepiex7

the goat's Sap sniper ability would be weird for Ash considering he never had a pokemon that had an ability type immunity before (too bad it would useless in the grass gym considering the gym leader has a gogoat and the other 2 have secondary typings that are strong against grass)

I hope the only starter he gets is Froakie so he can have an actual diverse team like in Sinnoh and Hoenn.

As for what I want on his team.

Inkay its a psychic type and Meowstic fits Serena more.
Talonflame regional bird to yh he will get it
Trevenant I wanna see him get a ghost type finally
Skiddo if Trevenant doesnt work then Skiddo is fine as well.

LizardonX

Banned
I hope the only starter he gets is Froakie so he can have an actual diverse team like in Sinnoh and Hoenn.

As for what I want on his team.

Inkay its a psychic type and Meowstic fits Serena more.
Talonflame regional bird to yh he will get it
Trevenant I wanna see him get a ghost type finally
Skiddo if Trevenant doesnt work then Skiddo is fine as well.

What do starters have to do with diversity? What on earth makes skiddo more diverse than chespin? Or fletchling And fennekin? Unless they are planning on giving him actual diverse pokemon that don't repeat starter types like honedge or goomy there is no point in giving him inferior grass or fire types in the name of diversity.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
It doesn't have to do with the literal diversity of the team itself, but it does directly impact the diversity of the pokemon used the most and least from his team. It is for the best that he only gets one starter so that he does have half, or a third of his team in the case of unova, taking up all the screen time. He already has a lock screen hog every region with that mouse, so why add in a bunch of others? That is the reason why we saw basically useless pokemon caught in unova like palpitoad, roggenrolla, to an extent sewaddle. Even unfezanr barely got any screentime.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
All this bawling over Ash not getting Chespin is becoming quite grating imo. Ash didn't get Chespin. Oh well. He didn't get Fennekin either even though I wanted him to and yet I got over it. Ash has always had a Grass-type on his team and there's no reason for him not to get one just because Chespin wasn't given to him. Skiddo, Phantump, and Pumpkaboo are all good Gen 6 Grass-types and I'm willing to bet that he'll get one of those instead of some old Gen 1-5 Grass-type.

shelldude400

I'll bet he'll get a grass type as well, I just don't want it to be Skiddo :p
Skiddo's still entirely possible but I'd much rather see the ghost/grass guys :(

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I'm okay with Ash getting any of the grass types except Chespin of course.

MattySadler

Grass types is a toughie in this region man. It'd make things a lot easier for me if Ash just got a Chespin

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Grass types is a toughie in this region man. It'd make things a lot easier for me if Ash just got a Chespin

clemont is getting Chespin, and I think I know why, it along with Bunnelby (albeit when it evolves) are good against electric types, so perhaps he'll be using them to win his gym back to challenge Ash.

All this grass talk is starting to make me wish Ash just skips one this time.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
clemont is getting Chespin, and I think I know why, it along with Bunnelby (albeit when it evolves) are good against electric types, so perhaps he'll be using them to win his gym back to challenge Ash.

All this grass talk is starting to make me wish Ash just skips one this time.
Chespin turns into grass/fighting, not exactly a major advantage to electric types.

Status
Not open for further replies.