• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters XY Pokémon Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I just want the gal to get a Goomy. Is that too much to ask ;_;

I personally don't get Goomy's appeal, but Sliggoo and Goodra are pretty cool. I honestly don't think Serena or any other main character will catch a member of Goomy's line though. I mean it would be cool to see Ash or Serena with a fully-evolved Dragon-type like Goodra, but I think Diantha will own one like she does in the games, and I'd rather not have a cast member share Pokemon with the regional Champion, but that's just me.

Afrodisiac

break up w yo gf, im bored
LOL, every post about Skiddo/Phantump is a "wishlist". Who's to say Serena won't have a Goomy though?

I agree on Mega Charizard. It actually looks decent even tho' it's an overexposed species, unlike Mega Heracross which I pray to the heavens won't get featured at all. It's hideous.

esquilo09

We don't know for sure until we found out. I mean there's no evidence that Serena is gonna catch a Pancham in a future episode and there's no evidence that Ash is going to catch a Lucario.

Last edited:

Faker500

Trolls aren't funny!
We don't know for sure until we found out. I mean there's no evidence that Serena is gonna catch a Pancham in a future episode and there's no evidence that Ash is going to catch a Lucario.

No there isn't but this is all just peoples opinions on the matter. It all depends on what the writers will give them to work with. If people aren't satisfied than catch them yourself in the games.

Lorde

I agree on Mega Charizard. It actually looks decent even tho' it's an overexposed species, unlike Mega Heracross which I pray to the heavens won't get featured at all. It's hideous.

That's my main issue with Mega Heracross debuting under Ash's command; I don't like its design, especially its elephant nose-esque horn. It'd rather see some random COTD debut it than see Ash's Heracross turn into something that I find abominable. Speaking of Mega Charizard though, I'd prefer to see Ash use Mega Charizard Y because I like its design more than Mega Charizard X's. Plus the latter already debuted in that one Origin special.

dman_dustin

well, yes and no. there is no reason you can't speculate. however when we do speculate we try to only base speculation on logic and evidence, not what we want to happen, those are wishlists

I believe this to be entirely subjective.

After all we DON'T know anything except when it does happen.

Which makes this thread pointless.

I mean the only thing we can talk about is Froakie, Fletchling, Fennekin, Dedenne, Bunnelby, Chespin, Inkay, Pumpkaboo, and Wobbuffet. And maybe some talk in regards to Pikachu and Meowth.

But look here at the first post:

This topic is basically the Kalos edition of the Next Pokémon Thread. Predict what Pokémon the characters are going to catch and/or which might evolve in the case of a capture.

How can we reasonably predict what Pokemon anyone is going to catch, if we don't know what's going to happen.

For example, WE do not know if Ash is going to get a grass type, if he does get a grass type it will either be: a Pokemon that can mega evolve, or Skiddo or Phantump, making that reasonable.

But he might not, so suggesting those Pokemon would be as some people consider, wishlists, god I hate that word.

The thing is it depends on how you predict.

I believe Ash with either get Skiddo and Phantump because he might get a grass type, because of the past generations he's always had a fire, grass, water, flying Pokemon.

That is speculation.

I want Ash with Aegislash, because WHOA it's design is nice, that is probably considered wishlists.

Considering the first post doesn't not implicitly forbid wishlists, which is quite frankly entirely subjective, I think people should be allowed to predict what they want, as long as they have a reason.

A straight up list however is probably what is probably not allowed. But add some kind of reason to your prediction and it's speculation not wishlists.

And it really is subjective, because the reasons for speculation are entirely opinion based.

If I say I want Phantump because out of the remaining 6th generation grass types, it is the most unique and most to offer Ash, that might come off as wishlist to other people, but it certainly isn't a wishlist from my perspective. Hence, it is a subjective manner.

I think people should just be left alone, if you want to argue why a Pokemon shouldn't or should be on the main cast, fine, but otherwise, there's literally no point to this thread, if people can't predict (regardless if its wishlist or speculation) what Pokemon might end up on the main cast.

Like take Lucario. There is no evidence to suggest that it will be caught by anyone on the main cast.

But there is suggestive data there to allow it to be speculated to be on the main cast, simply because it is the player's first mega evolved Pokemon within X and Y

Sure that doesn't mean it will be caught, but it is suggestive enough to be considered speculative rather than wishlist. If it was any other Pokemon I'm sure no one would be calling "wishlist" the ONLY reason why Lucario is so condemned is because of these forums and everything revolved around Ash and Lucario.

Had it been Pinsir that introduced mega evolution to the player character, then no one would be calling foul as much.

Because as I've noticed the only reason mega Lucario is being condemned, is because of all the past history of people wanting Ash with Lucario and being sick of it. No one can condemn Pinsir for the same reason because it hasn't been suggested to being with Ash since the Sinnoh Region.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
you know it is possible they could've known Lucario would have a mega evolution back then, and wait till now.

After all i'm in firm belief that while Charizard is the most capable of mega evolution, unless there's a mini-arc to bring it back before the league, I do not see Ash calling on his older guys until then at the earliest, therefore if he gets a pokemon capable of mega evolving, I suspect he'll catch one in region.

this applies to other potential captures as well, not just Lucario.

KKS-Lapras

you know it is possible they could've known Lucario would have a mega evolution back then, and wait till now.

After all i'm in firm belief that while Charizard is the most capable of mega evolution, unless there's a mini-arc to bring it back before the league, I do not see Ash calling on his older guys until then at the earliest, therefore if he gets a pokemon capable of mega evolving, I suspect he'll catch one in region.

this applies to other potential captures as well, not just Lucario.

I'm of the firm belief that there's no need for Ash to capture/be given Lucario. It is a Pokemon that just by it's very design, popularity-among a certain loyal group of Lucario lovers, and usual personality, would be nothing more then a screen hog, even more so then the usual likes of Pokemon screen-hogs. If it wasn't given ample screen-time once captured, every single Lucario fan would go ballistic, if the Aura aspect of Ash/Lucario wasn't ever referenced again, Lucario fans would go ballistic. I so want the Korrina arc of this series to go by, because I'm tired of seeing Lucario speculation, every single generation for 3 generations now, enough already.

When it comes to Mega-Evolutions, there are plenty of other choices, many of which are far better for Ash, some of which he already has, some which if he captured would be brilliant additions to his roster. Scyther/Scizor, Mawile, Torchic to Blaziken; Heracross, Charizard, Bulbasaur to Venusaur, Squirtle to Blastoise, Gible to Garchamp. Any of those and more, just please, writers, do what you've wisely done for 2 past generations now, no Lucario for Ash.

shelldude400

You're allowed to predict any pokemon for this thread as long as it's within reason, as far as I recall.
As for my reasoning between wishlist and speculation: Wishlist is pokemon you as a person want Ash to get. Speculation is what you believe Ash will get.
Phantump is more of a wish than speculation right now for me, but it's still viable and I still believe(well more hope I spose) Ash will obtain it :p
However I feel really confident of Talonflame existing on Ash's team, patterns will exist in the anime, but they can get broken occasionally but I don't think so this gen :p
Greninja I both want and actually see happening, when Ash has had less than 3 starters they seem to have made it to fully evolved (Yes, patterns again, get over ittt) and in all fairness it's kind of stupid to have his only starter in it's base form unless he gets a huge powerhouse to back it up, but he'd need like a pseudo legend to fill that void for me :/
Bergmite I see as a possibility as it's kinda cute, could easily be a great battler IMO and looks like it would fix well on Ash's team.
Goomy is something I can also see on Ash's team, possibly being an egg pokemon, and I think Sligoo isn't too hard for Ash to obtain, it's not immensely powerful but it would be enough IMO.

Lorde

I'm of the firm belief that there's no need for Ash to capture/be given Lucario. It is a Pokemon that just by it's very design, popularity-among a certain loyal group of Lucario lovers, and usual personality, would be nothing more then a screen hog, even more so then the usual likes of Pokemon screen-hogs. If it wasn't given ample screen-time once captured, every single Lucario fan would go ballistic, if the Aura aspect of Ash/Lucario wasn't ever referenced again, Lucario fans would go ballistic. I so want the Korrina arc of this series to go by, because I'm tired of seeing Lucario speculation, every single generation for 3 generations now, enough already.

I agree whole-heartedly about Lucario's popularity being a bad thing. I don't even want to imagine how Ash's other Pokemon would be treated if Ash had a Lucario; they'd probably never see the light of day again. I don't hate Lucario at all; quite the opposite, I like its design and I even have some Lucario merchandise and have used Lucario on many of my in-game teams, but it's not a good Pokemon for Ash in my humble opinion. If he didn't get one in DP when Lucario was most relevant, then I don't see why he should get one in XY, and no, I don't think Mega Lucario would justify Ash capturing one because Korrina or some other character could easily showcase it instead.

KKS-Lapras

I agree whole-heartedly about Lucario's popularity being a bad thing. I don't even want to imagine how Ash's other Pokemon would be treated if Ash had a Lucario; they'd probably never see the light of day again. I don't hate Lucario at all; quite the opposite, I like its design and I even have some Lucario merchandise and have used Lucario on many of my in-game teams, but it's not a good Pokemon for Ash in my humble opinion. If he didn't get one in DP when Lucario was most relevant, then I don't see why he should get one in XY, and no, I don't think Mega Lucario would justify Ash capturing one because Korrina or some other character could easily showcase it instead.

Exactly, I don't hate Lucario, as a Pokemon with unique typing, power, etc, however, with Ash, I don't see it being anything but a screen-hog, we're talking more then anything aside from Pikachu. And if it didn't assume that role, many Lucario lovers would cry foul.

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
The only one I want with a Lucario is Serena and that's mainly because it'd be a cool Pokemon alongside Braixen imo, if her Fennekin were to evolve, it could mirror the in-game event of Calem/Serena getting one before the first Mega Evo tutorial battle, plus I think Lucario would be willing to go with Serena because he finds her cute. I don't really want to see Ash with one, at all. I also don't care about the hypothetical crying that would come from some fans because they feel Ash "deserves" Lucario more.

Lorde

Serena with Lucario would slay imo, but I can't see it happening because I've always seen Lucario as a hardcore battler and Serena has yet to show hardcore battling skills of her own. I'd honestly like Serena to just catch an average cute Pokemon before she starts getting powerhouse Pokemon. Something like Flabebe or Swirlix would be cute and more appropriate for the time being imo. I'd also like to see her train her Fennekin more because Lorde knows that I want her to have a Braixen at some point.

KumaPanda

Psyduck is cute <3
I sure hope whatever Serena's first catch is going to be better be worth the wait... I'm not asking for something strong or cool, but if she's going to get that capture episode soon, I want that episode to focus mainly on Serena, not Ash (sorry Ash, you have too much screentime). At least let us see Serena develop a bond of some kind with that pokemon she will catch eventually.

If Serena gets Floette, wouldn't it be weird if she was to get AZ's Floette? Just a random thought. If Flabebe makes its cameo, I bet you it's going to be an episode showing off the color variations (please don't have the Flabebe be family or friends because it means Serena might not catch it).

KKS-Lapras

Lucario or not, I still see Ash getting someone who can mega evolve on his team for the duration of the region.

I lean 75% percent towards that same view. As I've said previously, there's plenty of choices for a Pokemon to Mega-Evolve on Ash's team, just please, not Lucario.

This would have been my ideal Mega Evo promo spot.

Ash - Mega Mawile(gets his first steel and fairy type. Killing two birds with one stone. She could act like Bayleef)
Serena - Mega Absol(same as her in-game team)
Clemont - Mega Ampharos(his dads just give his one to him)

One could have a Mega Bracelet, another a Mega Ring and Clemont can easily create one.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
This would have been my ideal Mega Evo promo spot.

Ash - Mega Mawile(gets his first steel and fairy type. Killing two birds with one stone. She could act like Bayleef)
Serena - Mega Absol(same as her in-game team)
Clemont - Mega Ampharos(his dads just give his one to him)

One could have a Mega Bracelet, another a Mega Ring and Clemont can easily create one.

I love this idea! That way no one will have a over popular screen hogger and everyone can have a piece of the pie too.

FireFox673

Pancham would be nice on team rocket. After all, Team Rocket seems to be a lot more 'evil' this time and Pangoro is a scary looking pokemon, also Pancham only evolves if there is a dark type on the player's team and James has a Inkay which is Dark and Psychic.

Status
Not open for further replies.