• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters XY Pokémon Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benny™

Best Wishes Do Come True Under The Sun & Moon
I think it would be cool if Ash caught Malamar if it were possible, then he'd have to try and get it under control kinda like Charizard and Pikachu except those weren't pure evil. It would be interesting seeing how careful he'd have to be too. Malamar should be stronger than all of the current cast combined so he'd really be pressing his luck when he even thinks of sending it out, but he also couldn't just leave it in the Poke Ball.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Pikachu
Fletching > Fletchinder > Talonflame
Froakie > Frogadier > Greninja
Amaura > Aurorus
Goomy > Sliggo > Goodra
Phantump

Four fully-evolved Pokemon, including one Fossil Pokemon and a Dragon-type? I personally don't think that's likely. I don't even expect Froakie to evolve fully, but even ignoring that, I don't think Ash will ever catch a Fossil Pokemon, especially not Amaura's line. The one from the future episode will almost certainly have a parent and I don't think Ash will ever encounter another one aside from when he battles Grant in Cyllage City. And Ash missed his chance to have an evolved Dragon-type when he dumped Gible at Oak's place imo.

Kuvario

I am who I am...because of them.
I think it would be cool if Ash caught Malamar if it were possible, then he'd have to try and get it under control kinda like Charizard and Pikachu except those weren't pure evil. It would be interesting seeing how careful he'd have to be too. Malamar should be stronger than all of the current cast combined so he'd really be pressing his luck when he even thinks of sending it out, but he also couldn't just leave it in the Poke Ball.

This is an interesting idea you have there.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I'd like to see Serena with a Charmander, though anything would be good now since she hasn't even attempted to catch a Pokemon yet.

She's got Fennekin as her Fire-type already though and it barely gets any screen-time as it is. If she got another Fire-type it would either overshadow Fennekin or do nothing at all. So either way it would be a lose/lose situation in my opinion. I don't want more Charmander evolutionary line exposure anyway. I had enough of that in DA. :p

Sephora

yes I'm back
I don't want more Charmander evolutionary line exposure anyway. I had enough of that in DA. :p

Basically this. The Charmander evolutionary line is overrated to begin with so having one in the cast of XY would just be overkill.

I'd like to see Serena with a new pokemon on her team. Granted, she'll probably end up catching an "old" pokemon anyway because of the small number of pokemon this gen, but for the first few captures (which will probably take years at this point *sigh*) I hope that they are from gen 6.

Nacreous

Fire trainer

That would be awesome actually.A totally unexpected catch for Ash.

Kinda like what happened to Krookodile but much more silly.

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
Malamar won't happen at all. It us a likely reoocuribg villain character and james has inkay.

yup knowing that inkay evolves to malamar, i don't see how james will let inkay evolve imo.

most of us i think we're hoping malamar might be a recurring character which I'm very positive of.

esquilo09

yup knowing that inkay evolves to malamar, i don't see how james will let inkay evolve imo.

most of us i think we're hoping malamar might be a recurring character which I'm very positive of.
You mean a recurring Pokémon, if it appears in the future.

jake279

Ice Master
From what I gather, there are only a few options left for Ash's team. Pancham doesn't look like it's happening. Litleo would end up irrelevant or overshadow Fletchling. Pumpkaboo already went to Jessie.
Out of what's left, the most likely options are Tyrunt, Bergmite, Goomy, Hawlucha, Skiddo, or an old pokemon. Three of these will fill his team. The only real question is which three.
Tyrunt and Goomy are a one or the other deal (both dragons), he won't get both.
Out of the options I'd like his team to be Pikachu, Froakie, Fletchling, Goomy, Hawlucha, Mawile.
Pikachu doesn't evolve (obvs)
Froakie evolves all the way.
Fletchling evolves all the way.
Goomy evolves just once to middle stage.
Hawlucha deosn't evolve.
Mawile eventually megaevolves.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
Only legit possibilities for me are
Tyrunt/amaura
Bergmite/swirlix
Skiddo/phantump.
I guess I could possibly also add goomy/hawlucha, but not likely.

jake279

Ice Master
Only legit possibilities for me are
Tyrunt/amaura
Bergmite/swirlix
Skiddo/phantump.
I guess I could possibly also add goomy/hawlucha, but not likely.

Amaura and Swirlix I really don't see happening. At all.
I only added Hawlucha because of the recent merch picture. I can see him with it but I'm not holding my breath that he'll actually catch it.
Everyone seems to agree with Skiddo and Bergmite. Think it's pretty safe to assume he's gonna catch at least one of them.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
Amaura and Swirlix I really don't see happening. At all.
I only added Hawlucha because of the recent merch picture. I can see him with it but I'm not holding my breath that he'll actually catch it.
Everyone seems to agree with Skiddo and Bergmite. Think it's pretty safe to assume he's gonna catch at least one of them.

I still think phantump is a legit possibility, this coming from someone not on that bandwagon. I really wouldnt mind either grass type at this point and just want it to be the next capture and soon.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
She's got Fennekin as her Fire-type already though and it barely gets any screen-time as it is. If she got another Fire-type it would either overshadow Fennekin or do nothing at all. So either way it would be a lose/lose situation in my opinion. I don't want more Charmander evolutionary line exposure anyway. I had enough of that in DA. :p

Yes! Please no Charmander. It would just lead to more Charizard. And with Fennekin, there's no need for Charmander. I really don't want Serena or Clemont to get a Kanto Starter. There are plenty of other Mega Pokemon they can promote. Besides Mega Absol, which seems to be the most common for Serena, I could see Mega Mawhile, Mega Medicham, or hopefully a brand new Mega Pokemon that Serena could get. When they finally grace her with a storyline. But please no more Char-line.

jake279

Ice Master
I still think phantump is a legit possibility, this coming from someone not on that bandwagon. I really wouldnt mind either grass type at this point and just want it to be the next capture and soon.

Hmm, I'm not sure on that one because Jessie already has it. What's the point in showcasing the same Pokemon twice in the same season? I think if they were gonna give Ash Pumpkaboo they should/would have given Jessie something else such as Skrelp. Still I'm not 100% ruling it out, you never know. Skiddo seems much more likely though.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
Hmm, I'm not sure on that one because Jessie already has it. What's the point in showcasing the same Pokemon twice in the same season? I think if they were gonna give Ash Pumpkaboo they should/would have given Jessie something else such as Skrelp. Still I'm not 100% ruling it out, you never know. Skiddo seems much more likely though.

Note that I said phatump, not pumkaboo, which are two different pokemon even if the same types.

jake279

Ice Master
Note that I said phatump, not pumkaboo, which are two different pokemon even if the same types.

Oh yeah, my bad haha. I don't really like Phantump. I wouldn't mind if he got it but I'd prefer pretty much anything else.

Alkaid

I can see ash getting a skiddo as his grass type, it would have the personality of bayleef and corphish. I just can't see him catching a phantump.

Status
Not open for further replies.