• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters XY Pokémon Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kuvario

I am who I am...because of them.
I'm seething @ Onix apparently being used at the Cyllage Gym battle. Even if Amaura does appear there, the fact that Onix would be used as Grant's third Pokemon just irks me. Why couldn't he just have Tyrunt and Amaura like in the games? Why would he need Onix too? I'm tired of the species especially since his Onix is already getting so much hype in the Chateau episode. I'm gonna have to cheer for Grant's Tyrunt because I ain't here for Onix.

He's using an Onix, because the Gym Battle is probably 3 VS 3, so the writers got lazy and gave him Onix. You're cheering for Tyrunt, lol, it's probably gonna lose anyway.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
He's using an Onix, because the Gym Battle is probably 3 VS 3, so the writers got lazy and gave him Onix. You're cheering for Tyrunt, lol, it's probably gonna lose anyway.

Onix is the laziest one they could have used. Hell, even graveler would be better here.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Hell, they should of gave him Binacle or Carbink in stead of Onix.

FlyAsADunsparce

Ok, There's no need to get offensive now. :( I know Onix is not such a very popular Pokémon but you don't need to say that word that starts with H and ends with Ell.

How's that offensive lol?

Also Grant probably uses Onix and not a 6th gen pokemon because if there'd be two Kalos debuts every other episode they wouldn't have any debuts left for the fillers.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
How's that offensive lol?

Also Grant probably uses Onix and not a 6th gen pokemon because if there'd be two Kalos debuts every other episode they wouldn't have any debuts left for the fillers.

He could've just used Amaura and Tyrunt, that way there would only be one Gen 6 Pokemon debut. At this point, I'd take any old Rock-type over Onix to be honest.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Ok, There's no need to get offensive now. :( I know Onix is not such a very popular Pokémon but you don't need to say that word that starts with H and ends with Ell.

Lol what?? I didn't even say that word in regards to anybody.

Also hell isn't even a bad word.

An00bis

Wicked Witch
... I like Onix. D:

I don't really mind Grant not possibly having Amaura. It getting an episode all on its own might be better than being a Fall Guy compared to Tyrunt who's obviously going to star on Grant's side. At least this way both Pokemon get to be showcased in a positive light even if they're not together.

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
Am I the only one not bent out of shape that Grant has an Onix?
EDIT: An00bis and DarkLucarioADV aren't either :)

Last edited:

Lorde

I don't really mind Grant not possibly having Amaura. It getting an episode all on its own might be better than being a Fall Guy compared to Tyrunt who's obviously going to star on Grant's side. At least this way both Pokemon get to be showcased in a positive light even if they're not together.

I don't see what difference it would make if Grant used both Kalos Fossil Pokemon. Obviously Ash would have to beat both to win the Cliff Badge so both would be shown in the same light (i.e. both would lose anyway). I don't see why the writers are shoving Onix down our throats some more. There are so many other Rock-types that haven't gotten as much exposure as Onix, so it's sad to see more Onix glorification. I thought XY would break this trend, but I guess not.

Akashin

Roxanne didn't have one, so clearly this "pattern" doesn't exist.

Not to mention that, in every case barring Grant himself, the Leader in question had an Onix in-game as well. I'm not sure that you can make a pattern out of the writers following what the games already had.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
Not to mention that, in every case barring Grant himself, the Leader in question had an Onix in-game as well. I'm not sure that you can make a pattern out of the writers following what the games already had.

So then Why have grant have onix? And they had an unnecessary onix fillEr in bw that was sort of a rehash of crystal onix.

esquilo09

I think the only possibilities for Serena to catch a Pokémon could be Swirlix, Flabébé or Spritzee, Skiddo (In case Ash catches a Phantump), Hawlucha and Noibat.

Lorde

I think the only possibilities for Serena to catch a Pokémon could be Swirlix, Flabébé or Spritzee, Skiddo (In case Ash catches a Phantump), Hawlucha and Noibat.

Well those are some of the few Kalos Pokemon evolutionary lines available, so of course there's a possibility that Serena would catch one or more of those Pokemon. The same applies to all of Ash's group to be frank.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
So then Why have grant have onix? And they had an unnecessary onix fillEr in bw that was sort of a rehash of crystal onix.

I think it was just to take up a slot and make the gym harder. They take these liberties in the anime sometimes. Like when Elesa had the eel instead of another Emonga.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
I think it was just to take up a slot and make the gym harder. They take these liberties in the anime sometimes. Like when Elesa had the eel instead of another Emonga.

But why onix instead of one of a handful other rarely seen rock types? Plus ash has seen and faced onix maybe more than any single pokemon before, so it doesnt add much challenge.

Status
Not open for further replies.