• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters XY Pokémon Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

KKS-Lapras

I hope Pikachu takes a back seat soon. The last thing I want is for Ash to go on and capture another Pokemon and have it sit on the bench while Pikachu takes all the wins for himself and I'm actually a fan of Pikachu yet I realize how unnecessary it is for him to have gotten so many wins while Froakie and Fletchling have more loses on their resumes then they do wins with Froakie having no real wins at all.

Yeah, they have more losses, but we're not even at the 2nd gym yet, so there's plenty of time for their records to get better.

So, what if Ash gets Hawlucha? He'll be in a world of hell when he finds himself challenging Clemont, that's what.. Pikachu and three members that are weak to Electricity.. o.0

We sure as heck haven't seen that before..

Ash's team will likely have at least one capture beyond Hawlucha beyond that point, so I'm sure he'll be fine. Not to mention typing isn't everything, and Fighting and Fire attacks may prove decisive in that match.

Fullgrizzly94

Jhoto Trainer
Yeah, they have more losses, but we're not even at the 2nd gym yet, so there's plenty of time for their records to get better.

Ash's team will likely have at least one capture beyond Hawlucha beyond that point, so I'm sure he'll be fine. Not to mention typing isn't everything, and Fighting and Fire attacks may prove decisive in that match.

Especially because Clemont has a Magneton. Fletchlinder/Talonflame vs. Magneton would be a neat matchup.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Especially because Clemont has a Magneton. Fletchlinder/Talonflame vs. Magneton would be a neat matchup.

I could see that match up happening to be honest. I'm still against Clemont adding Magnemite and Magneton to his roster though. Heliolisk would be neat, but him having six Pokemon in total on his team would be overkill imo.

KKS-Lapras

I could see that match up happening to be honest. I'm still against Clemont adding Magnemite and Magneton to his roster though. Heliolisk would be neat, but him having six Pokemon in total on his team would be overkill imo.

He could end up using only his Electric types, as that is his gym type. We've never had a gym leader in the main cast who's gym was faced later then the 2nd gym, so we don't know how the writer's will handle that match in terms of Clemont's team.

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
I just hope Clemont uses Dedenne, Magneton, Heliolisk in the battle since the writers seem to be okay with replacing gym Pokemon in XY. That or Limone is revealed to have caught a male Emolga that takes a liking to Clemont and fights in the Gym battle for him. Or Clemont has other Electric-type Pokemon besides the ones we last saw under his ownership simply waiting at the gym, we know various other gym leaders have Pokemon of their signature types chilling inside their gym. Burgh was shown to have Sewaddle in his gym for example and realistically a Gym Leader is a benchmark test for a challenger so I don't think they would stick to the same standard Pokemon with every challenger so I could feasibly see a scenario in fit Clemont has a male Emolga sleeping somewhere in his gym or something. Maybe he uses Emolga's weird gliding as a reference for a gliding invention or something?

I'd be down with him taking Heliolisk with him from the gym on his journey, I could also see it staying. But I do hope he takes it because it has a nice personality and all and that would raise his numbers to four. I hope the writers go all the way and give the guy a total of six Pokemon and maybe one reserve. Bunnelby and Heliolisk are already pretty competent, Dedenne is more connected to Bonnie so alongside Chespin I'd like him to have a few more relatively novice Pokemon to utilize.

IrieFuse

Unify To Thrive
So, what if Ash gets Hawlucha? He'll be in a world of hell when he finds himself challenging Clemont, that's what.. Pikachu and three members that are weak to Electricity.. o.0

We sure as heck haven't seen that before..

as crazy as it sounds half of his team from sinnoh was weak to Candice's specialty type and he managed but I'm sure he'll have at least 5 pokemon by the time he reaches clemont.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys

Fullgrizzly94

Jhoto Trainer
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BlPbQWnCMAAbGR1.jpg:large

Hmm...no Hawlucha...

Looks like he's not as confirmed as we all thought.

And no they aren't trying to not spoil things as Fletchinder is right there.

So now it might be Korrina's after all... Or Serena's? And there's no Lucario in the pic either (the antagonists would look not as threatening if Ash had a Lucario).

Maybe they are only spoiling the obvious.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
So now it might be Korrina's after all... Or Serena's? And there's no Lucario in the pic either (the antagonists would look not as threatening if Ash had a Lucario).

Maybe they are only spoiling the obvious.

It's obviously not Korrina's; she's not even in the movie. Isn't that new image just a wallpaper anyway? Those aren't really a big deal imo. :x

Alkaid

I can see serena catching hawlucha.

MattySadler

All I know is that Noibat should be caught by someone who would at least use it often in my opinion.

Lol brilliant insight there.

IcySealeo

I really don't think someone's gonna catch Hawlucha. It might have a special role in the movie, much like Sableye in M16, Pichu in M12 and so on.

esquilo09

Or maybe the Hawlucha in that poster was an error or something. Or the writers forgot to add Hawlucha in the second poster.

Last edited:

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
As crazy as it sounds half of his team from Sinnoh was weak to Candice's specialty type and he managed but I'm sure he'll have at least 5 pokemon by the time he reaches clemont.

But Candice had a Medicham. And two members that were x4 weak to Fire, it kinda balanced things out, but as said, Clemont's supposed team is also weak to Fire and Fighting, so it is a more balanced fight then first type match-ups tell us. Still, at first we thought that Fletchinder wouldn't have had a chance of appearing vs. Clemont, but apparently it can if the team pans out to be weak to Electricity.

It's obviously not Korrina's; she's not even in the movie. Isn't that new image just a wallpaper anyway? Those aren't really a big deal imo. :x

Still, what about the Tyrunt though?

I really don't think someone's gonna catch Hawlucha. It might have a special role in the movie, much like Sableye in M16, Pichu in M12 and so on.

This is what I may be thinking, but I just don't know for certain.

nuzamaki90

I don't know, I still think someone is catching Hawlucha, just not Ash. Then again, Clemont and Serena's Pokemon are with Ash in that wallpaper so maybe it is just a movie exclusive.

My head is starting to hurt.

Nacreous

Fire trainer
I don't know, I still think someone is catching Hawlucha, just not Ash. Then again, Clemont and Serena's Pokemon are with Ash in that wallpaper so maybe it is just a movie exclusive.

Maybe we're all wrong and he's just gonna keep these 3 pkmn for a while and then,when the sequel games come,they introduce new pkmn and he'll manage to fill the rest of his team.That'll be a big joke on us.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?

Lol, I could've only cut that bolded part out of the post and it would be completely different! But yeah, I Agree. We thought we had it nailed down, then this happens and we're back to a state of unsureness.

Maybe we're all wrong and he's just gonna keep these 3 pkmn for a while and then,when the sequel games come,they introduce new pkmn and he'll manage to fill the rest of his team.That'll be a big joke on us.

Wouldn't that be a thing.. Personally, I still think that DP was odd that you couldn't get the majority of the new evolutions until after defeating the E4, or was this just me? If this happens in the following games I'll be just as annoyed. But I do wonder why they only gave such a limited dex, not counting Mega's for a second. Giving us only one (nonlegendary) Ground-type is going back to GenII levels of poor, especially when the Ground-type is usually quite common. Yet it got reduced to the status of the Ghost and Dragon types in GenII (Misdreavus/Kingdra).

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
It is very suspicious that we see that preview with the hawlucha, and then also in the merch, and then in the movie poster, only to represent two different hawlucha.

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
I suppose Hawlucha could always just play a movie centric role like Sableye and Plusle/Minun did in past movies. I'm okay with him getting neither Hawlucha or Lucario, he doesn't get a super-powered overexposed Pokemon in Lucario and he doesn't steal Korrina's signature away before the gym.

Janovy

Banned
I think someone is getting that Hawlucha and it's not Ash.

Status
Not open for further replies.