• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters XY Pokémon Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
Ash needs to put together a couple of teams of his strongest Pokemon in this league, it's about time he stopped being so stupid when it comes to his hardest battles.. and he could leave Pikachu out of one, because he proved in the Silver Conference that it's not needed in every battle..

A Team (Final battle): Pikachu, Charizard, Torterra, Greninja, Heracross, Glalie
B Team: Sceptile, Infernape, Kingler, Snorlax, Gliscor, Muk/Krookodile/Whatever

Last edited:

Cresselia92

SM Ash = New Ash
Unless Charizard gets a move overhaul... X is far more suited to Ash's Zard's current moveset

That's true. It takes more benefits from Tough Claw. And in fact there was a moment where I thought that they've him Slash/Dragon Tail/Wing Attack mainly for that reason. But I think that Y would still be useful because it seems more aerodynamic (even if in-game the speed doesn't change). Also, if he ever fought Alan, he would have the so coveted "underdog status", since he powers up Alan's Charizard's Flamethrower and Blast Burn with Drought.

zhixun

Ash needs to put together a couple of teams of his strongest Pokemon in this league, it's about time he stopped being so stupid when it comes to his hardest battles.. and he could leave Pikachu out of one, because he proved in the Silver Conference that it's not needed in every battle..

A Team (Final battle): Pikachu, Charizard, Torterra, Greninja, Heracross, Glalie
B Team: Sceptile, Infernape, Kingler, Snorlax, Gliscor, Muk/Krookodile/Whatever

I suggest Kentauros for Team B. Just because it was not used for a long time.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
That's true. It takes more benefits from Tough Claw. And in fact there was a moment where I thought that they've him Slash/Dragon Tail/Wing Attack mainly for that reason. But I think that Y would still be useful because it seems more aerodynamic (even if in-game the speed doesn't change). Also, if he ever fought Alan, he would have the so coveted "underdog status", since he powers up Alan's Charizard's Flamethrower and Blast Burn with Drought.
Ash's Charizard would need to trade Wing Attack for Air Slash and Dragon Tail for Dragon Pulse... If they are dead set on Tough Claws, then they need to make Y more accountable to it's better Special Qualities... Slash can stay or turn into a different Physical move if it must, but the other moves have to make Charizard Y less susceptible to getting in closer.

Kuvario

I am who I am...because of them.
There's something I don't think people have realized yet...

If Ash were to get both Sceptile and Charizard Y, this would be an opportunity to show that you can't Mega Evolve twice in the same battle.

I have.

Getting two Megas is overkill, he should only get one. And besides, the Mega Specials are promoting Megas anyway, so there's not a need for Ash to get one.

And also, game logic=/=anime logic. They'll probably explain it in the Korrina arc more.

Inferno792

Food Wars
Really? It looked like he was gonna stay put at the lab.

What's that got to do with anything?

You said that XY is trying many new things, which it isnt. It is, the evidence was all around. He was, but it is. XY has tr appearing more often than usual, and a pace similar to AG.
How is XY's pace similar to AG? And tr has appeared like this in every saga except early BW .

Kuvario

I am who I am...because of them.
How is XY's pace similar to AG? And tr has appeared like this in every saga except early BW .

Because So far Ash has three Pokémon and two badges, around this time in AG he should've gotten three badges and four Pokémon. So it's very close. They didn't appear in some episodes like today. So now they're appearing as much as in AG and DP.

Episodes without TR in XY are often better, IMO: just saying...

Darkrai619

Pokemon Veteran
I see a Skiddo vs Gogoat battle in the Coumarine Gym, then it could perhaps be useful against Heliolisk, while obviously being handy when Slowking comes around in Anistar..

All in all, I think the whole reason they kept the Grass starter away from Ash in this region, was because they've had a Sceptile league-comeback planned all along and they didn't want it to overshadow an XY starter on the same team. Remember how terrible poor Torterra looked in the Sinnoh League, while Sceptile reigned supreme? Yeah they don't want a repeat of that, so he'll have a Skiddo or Phantump that can take a back seat without any real drama..

I do have to admit that is really starting to look like a distinct possibility. Think about it Sceptile has the ability to make or break battles. Due to his new Mega-Evolution and Typing of Grass/Dragon it's focus that will be potentially coming his way. If Sceptile does come back it would be huge but I think he will come back after the league to focus his Mega Evolution. If they coincide with the worldwide release date it would be around the 5th/6th Gym.

ShinyCharyZard

BF wasnt promoting FRLG. It was just another arc like the orange islands. Infact, BF promoted DP since DP games released during BF and there were quite a few sinnoh pokemon we saw in BF..

I'm sorry, but what?

- It was set in Kanto
- Ash battled Agatha of the Kanto Elite 4
- Ash battled an Articuno with Charizard
- Misty returned for a few episodes
- May added Squirtle and Eevee to her team
- Ash used his four oldest Kanto Pokemon to defeat Brandon

Shall I go on? How were they not promoting FRLG?

I agree with you. Just like last episode Rocket Dan appearance was absolutely unnecessary in my opinion.

Agreed, man: they've sadly well outworn their welcome at this point, IMO.

ShinyCharyZard

Can we not turn this into another TR-bashing fest? It gets irritating after a while..

They should mix up Ash's teams really well for the league, from generations 1-6.. while giving his full Kalos team the first full battle..

Can we not turn this into another TR-bashing fest? It gets irritating after a while..

We're just saying we like episodes without TR in XY more than ones with them in it, that's all-- if we don't like them this Series, we can say it if we want to.

zhixun

People realized This three Saga's too late, but I digress.

Anyway, I predict (hope) Ash Will catch his grass before Ramos, and His second wildcard after Clemont.

As I said earlier Grass type is not that great against Electric type. It needs to learn Ground type moves instead. Moreover Citron can solve this problem by simply sending Harimaron.

Cresselia92

SM Ash = New Ash
We're just saying we like episodes without TR in XY more than ones with them in it, that's all-- if we don't like them this Series, we can say it if we want to.

Ok, but not in the Pokemon Speculation Thread, unless you want to talk about how their Pokemon could improve.

In fact, I think Inkay should get another move. Maybe Topsy-Turvy, which could be used to Pokemon who love to increase their stats. Imagine Korrina's Lucario suffering from the power-draining effect, after using Swords Dance.

They should mix up Ash's teams really well for the league, from generations 1-6.. while giving his full Kalos team the first full battle..

If they do like they always do (local-mixed-local-mixed), I can see Ash using a mixed team during the Kalos League. I'd love to see Pokemon from the various regions competing.

As I said earlier Grass type is not that great against Electric type. It needs to learn Ground type moves instead. Moreover Citron can solve this problem by simply sending Harimaron.

It's not like Ash has to use only the Grass-type Pokemon during the Gym Battle. He can use it against the last Pokemon, especially if said last Pokemon is Heliolisk.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.