• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters XY Pokémon Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

i2i

Big Bad Wolf
And even then I'm not convinced that Ash would definitely showcase a Mega Evolution. It's like 50/50 at this point in my opinion.

I'm sure since Mega Evolution was first reveal that Ash was going showcase one even if he didn't have any Pokemon that were't capable of doing so. Because I believe that there is no way they won't have the main character of the anime not promote such big part of the current generation of games.

Nacreous

Fire trainer
Yup,I was convinced Sceptile would get a Grass/Dragon Mega evo.\

Now,I'm sure Ash will get one.It's too fresh,it has to be promoted,and who other than Ash?

It'll probably come back instead of Ash catching a new Grass type.It's better this way.

JoaquinLorie

I think Mega Sceptile might be special attack based? And his new ability lightning rod increases special attack when hit by electric attacks, so i dont know about physical moveset.

MattySadler

I don't mind Ash's old Pokemon (Charizard and Sceptile) coming back now and then or coming back for the league, but I'm all about Ash's new Pokemon so I'd prefer the oldies didn't take the spotlight off the new guys. I'd much rather Ash got an a Grass type from than Kalos region then bringing and oldie into his team.

Fully expect one of Charizaard/ Sceptile to get a Mega Evolution towards the end of the Kalos journeys though.

nameman

I think Mega Sceptile might be special attack based? And his new ability lightning rod increases special attack when hit by electric attacks, so i dont know about physical moveset.

From Bulbapedia:

Lightning Rod forces all single-target Electric-type attacks and Thunder Wave to strike the Pokémon with this Ability in Double Battles, including those used by allies. In a Single Battle, it will cause the Pokémon with this Ability to always be hit by Electric-type moves. Lightning Rod cannot redirect Electric-type Hidden Power or Judgment.
If another Pokémon becomes the center of attention, Electric-type moves will be directed to it instead of the Pokémon with Lightning Rod.

Along with its previous effects, Lightning Rod also gives the Pokémon immunity to all Electric-type attacks, along with the paralyzing effect of Thunder Wave, and raises the Pokémon's Special Attack by one stage whenever they are hit by one. If the Pokémon is Ground-type, its type-granted immunity will take place before the activation of the Ability's new effect and the Special Attack will not be raised unless it is holding a Ring Target.
Lightning Rod can now redirect Electric-type Hidden Power.

Unlike other Electric-type moves, using Eerie Impulse or Electrify on a Ground-type Pokémon with Lightning Rod will give it a Special Attack boost. Lightning Rod does not redirect Electric Terrain or Ion Deluge.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I'm sure since Mega Evolution was first reveal that Ash was going showcase one even if he didn't have any Pokemon that were't capable of doing so. Because I believe that there is no way they won't have the main character of the anime not promote such big part of the current generation of games.

Mega Evolution has already been showcased by like a half dozen characters, so getting someone other than Ash to showcase Mega Sceptile is possible. Personally, I'd rather see him use Mega Charizard.

zhixun

I don't mind Ash's old Pokemon (Charizard and Sceptile) coming back now and then or coming back for the league, but I'm all about Ash's new Pokemon so I'd prefer the oldies didn't take the spotlight off the new guys. I'd much rather Ash got an a Grass type from than Kalos region then bringing and oldie into his team.

Fully expect one of Charizaard/ Sceptile to get a Mega Evolution towards the end of the Kalos journeys though.

If the choices available to Satoshi for Grass type is not that many in this generation then why does he need a Grass type? Furthermore I think he can get Psychic/ Steel/ Fairy type instead since he has never get one of these types.

Navin

MALDREAD
I do have to admit that is really starting to look like a distinct possibility. Think about it Sceptile has the ability to make or break battles. Due to his new Mega-Evolution and Typing of Grass/Dragon it's focus that will be potentially coming his way. If Sceptile does come back it would be huge but I think he will come back after the league to focus his Mega Evolution. If they coincide with the worldwide release date it would be around the 5th/6th Gym.

I honestly hope they bring back Sceptile as late as possible. The last thing I want is for him to get brought back by like the fifth or sixth gym and lose random battles till then to the league. I don't want to see another massive Pikachu-level power fluctuation with Sceptile. Unless Sceptile always wins. Plus Sceptile would just overshadow everybody else.

Although it would be cool if they built up a Frogadier/Greninja broship/rivalry with Sceptile, or maybe Frogadier looks up to Sceptile and later evolves [assuming Froakie breaks Water-type curse]

nameman

I honestly hope they bring back Sceptile as late as possible. The last thing I want is for him to get brought back by like the fifth or sixth gym and lose random battles till then to the league. I don't want to see another massive Pikachu-level power fluctuation with Sceptile. Unless Sceptile always wins. Plus Sceptile would just overshadow everybody else.

Although it would be cool if they built up a Frogadier/Greninja broship/rivalry with Sceptile, or maybe Frogadier looks up to Sceptile and later evolves [assuming Froakie breaks Water-type curse]

This would be the best way to bring in Sceptile if they choose to do so.

MattySadler

If the choices available to Satoshi for Grass type is not that many in this generation then why does he need a Grass type? Furthermore I think he can get Psychic/ Steel/ Fairy type instead since he has never get one of these types.

I've very much bought into the Ash-Phantump thing personally. I think it is a great looking Pokemon and could be a really memorable one. Aside from that I'm not too keen on any other Kalos Grass-types.

You're right, Ash could well not have a Grass Pokemon this time. I think it'd be strange though, and I'd be disappointed as I was excited to see Ash getting a non-starter Grass Pokemon.

I'm not particularly fussed about Ash getting a Psychic or Fairy type. No Kalos Pokemon of those types are particularly interesting me. I'd be up for him getting something from the Honedge line though.

zhixun

I've very much bought into the Ash-Phantump thing personally. I think it is a great looking Pokemon and could be a really memorable one. Aside from that I'm not too keen on any other Kalos Grass-types.

You're right, Ash could well not have a Grass Pokemon this time. I think it'd be strange though, and I'd be disappointed as I was excited to see Ash getting a non-starter Grass Pokemon.

I'm not particularly fussed about Ash getting a Psychic or Fairy type. No Kalos Pokemon of those types are particularly interesting me. I'd be up for him getting something from the Honedge line though.

Because that Jukain is probably going to return so I think Grass type in XY will not play a very important role here. Therefore it make sense for Satoshi to catch a Bokurei. Then at sometime later he trade with Musashi's Bakeccha and thus both evolve at the same time.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I think it is a great looking Pokemon and could be a really memorable one.

It's quite literally a floating piece of bark, so I find it hard to believe that the species would be "memorable." I mean I'd like Ash to get Skiddo instead, but I'd never kid myself into thinking that it would be an innovative Grass-type either. :x

giratina the shadow

these remakes showcase different forms of kyogre and groudon! so I think that would have a lot of influence on the anime or the next or the third movie!
I would love to a competition battle which were actually one of the few exciting parts in unova!

Kuvario

I am who I am...because of them.

Agreed, Sceptile should be saved for the league and that's that. He's been consistently good so far, so he shouldn't be brought back until the league. He would if he wins a lot.

Maybe Froakie gets jealous at how strong Sceptile is with evolving, so the former decides to evolve as well. That'd be interesting to watch.

nuzamaki90

So if Sceptile appears at the League with Ash debuting its Mega Evo (I'll be extremely disappoint if this doesn't happen), what movesets are we hoping for it to have?

With it's Mega Evolution being part Dragon-type, I'm thinking it'll be something like
>Extremespeed (Replaces Quick Attack)
>Solarbeam (Its staple)
>Leaf Blade (Its signature)
>Dragon Pulse/Dragon Tail/Dragonbreath/Dragon Claw (Dragon coverage)

So it has two physical attacks and two special attacks. I dare a Darkrai to try and dream-rape it again.

Kuvario

I am who I am...because of them.
So if Sceptile appears at the League with Ash debuting its Mega Evo (I'll be extremely disappoint if this doesn't happen), what movesets are we hoping for it to have?

With it's Mega Evolution being part Dragon-type, I'm thinking it'll be something like
>Extremespeed (Replaces Quick Attack)
>Solarbeam (Its staple)
>Leaf Blade (Its signature)
>Dragon Pulse/Dragon Tail (Dragon coverage)

So it has two physical attacks and two special attacks. I dare a Darkrai to try and dream-rape it again.

Nice moveset, I totally like this set. It's got perfect coverage in terms of Physical Attacks and Special Attack.
Although, a another move would be nice. Too bad the anime follows the games with this now.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Ash's Sceptile:

Leaf Blade
Dragon Breath
Leaf Storm
Slam/Bulldoze

Darkrai619

Pokemon Veteran
Personally if Sceptile were to make a comeback it would need a reason other than showcasing his new Mega Evolution or The remakes of Ruby/Saphirre. In a hypothetical sense the only way I see Scepile returning would be through Team Flare. Yes their main focus is fire types Pokemon wise so Sceptile is at a disadvantage. The Dragon type on Sceptile's Mega form has to be highlighted.

Leaf Blade
Dragon Tail/Pulse
Solar Beam/Leaf Storm
Extreme Speed

To capitalize a Sceptile reappearance would have him be their leader and teach battling techniques to Ash's other Pokemon. The interactions between Sceptile and Froakie, due to both being distant and focused on making Ash proud.

esquilo09

Well, I particularly don't care if Ash is gonna use his Charizard or his Sceptile to be his megas or if he catches a Pokémon who can mega evolve, it's all cool to me.

Last edited:

World Turtle

I guess having Charizard and Sceptile as mega evolvers would be better than catching someone.

Granted if Flygon gets a mega form I so want Ash to catch Trapinch cause that was a hoenn pokemon I wanted him to get the first time.

If I had to pick one Gen III Pokemon I felt Ash should of caught back in AG Trapinch would be that one. Also similar to the Skiddo Farm on Route 12 you can catch Trapinch at Route 13 before returning to Lumiose. Still I lean towards them bringing back one of Ash's old pokemon to be Ash's first mega evolution.

My dream mega trio for Ash.
XY Mega Charizard (Fire)
ORAS Mega Sceptile (Grass)
Z / X2Y2 Mega Greninja (Water) Assuming Gen 6 Starters get Mega Forms.

At the very least I feel there should be a Mega Evo only tournament either set before or after the Kalos league that Ash gets involved in.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.