• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters XY Pokémon Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

niedude

Don't forget to grin
I only mentioned Pikachu's former wins because people were saying Pikachu shouldn't have any new gym matches on electric gyms due to his past wins.

If I can't use them to make an argument, then neither can the other side. It's hypocritical to say otherwise.

torterra_4_the_win

Ya want some?
Was it really confirmed that the Mega Charizard in the scan was Steven's? Because I thought that was just Serebii's interpretation.

I thought that was a LV100 Charizard, so I assumed it wasn't his, and just put in there for design.

Both Aron's line and Treecko's are native to Hoenn, so I fail to see the difference between them, personally. I don't want Ash to showcase either in XY though. I want him to focus on Kalos Pokemon. :x

Yeah, we get it, you don't want to see Hoenn Pokémon. Sceptile coming back in the league will be good to see IMO, especially if he Mega-evolves. I want to see Ash' reserve Pokémon back, like in DP. That's why I hated, and I mean hated, the Unova League.

I could see Ash with a Trapinch, but not a Ralts. BTW, Lapras the reference was that Wally owned a Ralts in the Gen3 games, the player helped him catch it as his first Pokémon.

Darkrai619

Pokemon Veteran
If Ash was to get another Hoenn Pokemon I would love it to be the Trapinch line. They've been not as focused as some others have. Flygon barely has been in the anime appearing in two instances as in movie five (Fake Groudon, Jirachi being the focus) and Drew. Vibrava not at all. Trapinch a few times but you guys get the point. If Ash needs another capitalizing on the Upcoming Lumiose Badlands. Hoenn Pokemon, Potential Mega Evolution anything can happen folks discuss.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
If Ash was to get another Hoenn Pokemon I would love it to be the Trapinch line. They've been not as focused as some others have. Flygon barely has been in the anime appearing in two instances as in movie five (Fake Groudon, Jirachi being the focus) and Drew. Vibrava not at all. Trapinch a few times but you guys get the point. If Ash needs another capitalizing on the Upcoming Lumiose Badlands. Hoenn Pokemon, Potential Mega Evolution anything can happen folks discuss.

If Flygon gets a mega form, then i'm all for it.

Also Aron's can be caught in Kalos so it's a reasonable capture target.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.

Flygon didn't appear in the fifth movie and Vibrava has had a couple of appearances. While I agree that Trapinch's line hasn't been promoted as much as some other Pokemon, they've still gotten a decent amount of exposure in my opinion. I also don't get the decade-old "Ash with Flygon" hype, but that's just me.

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
Am I the only who doesn't see Ash getting a new Hoenn Pokemon?

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Given the fact that Kalos has a huge lack of new pokemon compared to previous regions, (unless you count the mega forms) and there are some hoenn pokemon who can be caught that have said mega forms, I say why the heck not.

It would certainly make up for the feeling that Ash practically got through hoenn with only four guys since the fifth was useless, and the sixth came on to late to really matter.

KKS-Lapras

I'm in the same boat. I just think that the writers had all of AG in which to give Ash certain Hoenn Pokemon and they shouldn't overshadow Kalos Pokemon with them now.

If there is a filler saga, or if a capture of a Hoenn Pokemon happens late in the XY series, it would not overshadow the Kalos team.

Red and Blue

I'm in the same boat. I just think that the writers had all of AG in which to give Ash certain Hoenn Pokemon and they shouldn't overshadow Kalos Pokemon with them now.

Agreed. Hoenn pokemon should be reserved for Serena and maybe Clemont.

nameman

I don't think he will either, but I want to see it. Maybe before or after the League, as to not overshadow the Kalos Pokémon, who will be more experienced from the Gym battles.

Just give him Mega-Sceptile.

The Pokemon that becomes Mega should come up only once Ash decides who he wants as his Mega Evolution. This would be a very important decision, not something to be rushed at all.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
The Pokemon that becomes Mega should come up only once Ash decides who he wants as his Mega Evolution. This would be a very important decision, not something to be rushed at all.

That's true. I hope he at least gives it some thought beforehand, although knowing him, he'll make a split-second decision and conveniently obtain the right Mega Stone.

nameman

That's true. I hope he at least gives it some thought beforehand, although knowing him, he'll make a split-second decision and conveniently obtain the right Mega Stone.

The way Mega Evolution works prevents that from happening. It would have to be in extremely dire straits and the Pokemon will have to hold the Stone so that Ash can Mega Evolve. I suspect this is something Ash is going to be thinking on in his head (he did keep the Thunder Stone from OS all the way to DP) for most of the series if he decides to follow this path.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters

I would love it if he got Flygon.
I want him to get an evolved dragon already.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
The way Mega Evolution works prevents that from happening. It would have to be in extremely dire straits and the Pokemon will have to hold the Stone so that Ash can Mega Evolve. I suspect this is something Ash is going to be thinking on in his head (he did keep the Thunder Stone from OS all the way to DP) for most of the series if he decides to follow this path.

I'm sure if he went through with it, whoever is chosen would respect his decision to go for it on his behalf.

He does not need to wait until after the league though to try and get one, by then it would too late to matter. The league in my eyes is one of the two crucial moments (the other being the final battle with Team Flare should Alan be working for them) where he should have one, not to show off every five seconds but as a safeguard in case someone else shows up with one, and it ends up costing him like Tobias' Darkrai did.

Cause sure he might beat it, but regardless of who it is, he'd likely lose half or most of his team trying and thus lose the league, and unlike Tobias, getting a mega is something Ash can actually do as opposed to capturing a legendary so I see no point in not going for it.

Last edited:

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
Shouldn't be long now before we see Skiddo. Once we've got past the gym battle and the movie, Ash should be hitting the ranch, ready to bond with the inevitable "different" Skiddo..

Well everyone agreed in BW that Reuniclus was perfect for Ash, and they were even featured side by side on a lot of promo art, and you can all see where that went.

Careful with the use of "everyone".. I despised that awful gelatinous blob..

And Pikachu is pretty much a reset freshly caught pokemon as well, you point?? Or did you not watch BW??

Also after their training sessions, both pokemon were doing very well in their battles. Like I said, the only reason they lost was so Pikachu can star, even though Pikachu already got his revenge against Surskit which was all he needed in the first place.

BW really should be avoided when trying to make a point about something, since the whole saga was generally a mess. It's just too simple to slate something while using BW as an example and all it does is open up a can of worms that everyone wants to have a go at..

KKS-Lapras

Shouldn't be long now before we see Skiddo. Once we've got past the gym battle and the movie, Ash should be hitting the ranch, ready to bond with the inevitable "different" Skiddo.

I think you mean Serena or Clemont should be ready to bond with it... ;) Come on, how can you seriously deny that Phantump is better suited for Ash.

Status
Not open for further replies.