• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters XY Pokémon Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

-chazz-

Pokemon master
For some reason i see Clemont getting another pokemon for Bonnie but a not an on-hand pokemon

And if the writers dont give Serena a Spritzee i wont be bothered that much but if she doesnt get a Noibat/Noivern i'll be ticked

Considering the low number of gen 6 Pokemon I think chances are high for ash to finally get an older gen Pokemon to promote remakes.

Ideally he would get something like nuzleaf which he evolves to shiftry. But I'd also like to see him with something like trapinch, bagon, absol, kecleon or vigoroth.

I can also see Clemont or Serena getting a hoenn starter & it might be nice to see some TR hoenn pokes again. Maybe Jessie contacts hq to get Serviper back because she feels her team needs a power boost. Or James meets gardenia and gets cacnea back

-chazz-

Pokemon master
Considering the low number of gen 6 Pokemon I think chances are high for ash to finally get an older gen Pokemon to promote remakes.

Ideally he would get something like nuzleaf which he evolves to shiftry. But I'd also like to see him with something like trapinch, bagon, absol, kecleon or vigoroth.

I can also see Clemont or Serena getting a hoenn starter & it might be nice to see some TR hoenn pokes again. Maybe Jessie contacts hq to get Serviper back because she feels her team needs a power boost. Or James meets gardenia and gets cacnea back

That Cacnea would be a Cacturne by now

That Cacnea would be a Cacturne by now

Maybe, maybe not.

Just because it is under a gym leaders tuition that Does not guarantee evolution

-chazz-

Pokemon master
Would be cool if James got his childhood Growlithe onto his team it would make a strong 2nd to his Inkay.

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
Ok we need Masked Pikachu to be Hawlucha tag team partner now.
Why are your post so perfect? I'm all on board for this as someone who actually LIKES Pikachu a lot.

zzz1000120

Would be cool if James got his childhood Growlithe onto his team it would make a strong 2nd to his Inkay.

I'm going to bet that the writers even remember his growlithe and also I think Growlithe is possible one of the strongest pokemon he own but then again we only saw it for one episode and battling a gloom or vileplume (I don't remember which).

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I'm hoping that Serena catches Pancham during the Summer Camp arc or around the Shalour arc since it would behoove her to catch it before OR/AS's release hype overshadows it in my opinion.

-chazz-

Pokemon master
I'm going to bet that the writers even remember his growlithe and also I think Growlithe is possible one of the strongest pokemon he own but then again we only saw it for one episode and battling a gloom or vileplume (I don't remember which).
I think it appeared in 2 episodes not that it makes a difference

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
By the league

Ash
Pikachu
Frogadier
Talonflame
Hawlucha
Shiftry/phantump
Meowstic

Post league
Pikachu
Greninja
Talonflame
Shiftry/trevenant
Hawlucha
Meowstic
Sceptile (rotates with shiftry/trevenant)

Since nobody is actually commenting on you, I will. I think this arc will be a bit longer then expected, so perhaps Greninja prior to the league is a possibility.

Back when AG was airing, I missed most of it, but since I knew that Ash had Treecko, I knew that Shiftry was a non-possibility. Shiftry is one of my favorite pokemon. So, if it gets a Mega Evolution, then I'd be all for Ash with a Shiftry. Otherwise I agree that Phantump would be the other option.

Don't care much for Meowstic, I think it's overrated..

Ash:
- Pikachu
- Greninja
- Talonflame
- Hawlucha
- Shiftry/Phantump
- Bergmite/Avalugg: Depending on whether he gets Shiftry or Phantump.

Meowstic would be his first psychic. How would they not be unique for him

Because it's a simple Psychic-type. Aegislash is a unique Ghost/Steel-type, Tyrunt is a Rock/Dragon-type. Both are 1-off.. Unique in every way. Granted, he hasn't obtained a Psychic-type yet, but in terms of what would bring more uniqueness, it would be Aegislash: 2 types Ash hadn't obtained before, and with a unique type combination. Whereas Meowstic would be a bland Psychic-type in the long run..

I agree with you on something else then Ralts but not Nuzleaf

HOW DARE YOU DISAGREE ON... ZE 'LEAF!

Ok we need Masked Pikachu to be Hawlucha tag team partner now.

But.. But... Froakie and Hawlucha are tag-team partners! :'(

batman14

Since nobody is actually commenting on you, I will. I think this arc will be a bit longer then expected, so perhaps Greninja prior to the league is a possibility.

Back when AG was airing, I missed most of it, but since I knew that Ash had Treecko, I knew that Shiftry was a non-possibility. Shiftry is one of my favorite pokemon. So, if it gets a Mega Evolution, then I'd be all for Ash with a Shiftry. Otherwise I agree that Phantump would be the other option.

Don't care much for Meowstic, I think it's overrated..

Ash:
- Pikachu
- Greninja
- Talonflame
- Hawlucha
- Shiftry/Phantump
- Bergmite/Avalugg: Depending on whether he gets Shiftry or Phantump.

Because it's a simple Psychic-type. Aegislash is a unique Ghost/Steel-type, Tyrunt is a Rock/Dragon-type. Both are 1-off.. Unique in every way. Granted, he hasn't obtained a Psychic-type yet, but in terms of what would bring more uniqueness, it would be Aegislash: 2 types Ash hadn't obtained before, and with a unique type combination. Whereas Meowstic would be a bland Psychic-type in the long run..

HOW DARE YOU DISAGREE ON... ZE 'LEAF!

But.. But... Froakie and Hawlucha are tag-team partners! :'(

It just think there is better Pokémon for him

Eievui-Nymphia

XY, gen of dreams.
I think that if Ash is going to caught a Pokemon with the intention of Mega Evolving it, I think that Ash will catch the fully evolved forms of said Pokemon.

Personally, I'm fine if Ash doesn't catch pokemon and gets the Mega Stone in the same episode. I funderstand why the writers could want to skip stages if their intention fromt he start is Mega Evolving the species.

Last edited:

esquilo09

Pancham's personality, should be a Pokémon who likes to act tough, loves battle and Always asks for Serena's permission. It will often do its usual behavior by trying to pull a scary face which Always get itself into trouble. It hates being called cute and being patted on the head due that it can't help grinning and punishes the ofender with an uppercut. It is a male one.

Moves:

Parting Shot
Arm Thrust
Tackle

Ability:
Iron Fist

Last edited:

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
I think giving Hikari Buizel was reason enough to stop giving a pokemon that likes to battle to a trainer that doesn't battle that much, Hikari still battled in contests butif Serena gets a tough pokemon just to send TR flying every 40 episodes meh, make it interesting and funny instead.

I just think they will go with the obvious and apparently in Pancham nature being naughty, wich can be fun and memorable enough.

esquilo09

I think giving Hikari Buizel was reason enough to stop giving a pokemon that likes to battle to a trainer that doesn't battle that much, Hikari still battled in contests butif Serena gets a tough pokemon just to send TR flying every 40 episodes meh, make it interesting and funny instead.

I just think they will go with the obvious and apparently in Pancham nature being naughty, wich can be fun and memorable enough.

I guess you do have a point. A Pancham who likes to play pranks just for attention sounds fun and memorable.

Darkrai619

Pokemon Veteran
So the audience gets what they want so to speak, of course the Pancham/Serena shippers are rejoicing with the news. Amazon showed it under Serena's ownership. Lucario, Absol, Flygon being my top three I've wanted to see Ash catch but I believe the Lucario ship has sailed a long time ago. Absol has some chance, same with Flygon. Anything can happen

Status
Not open for further replies.