• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters XY Pokémon Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ash

Pikachu - quick attack/return
- thunder bolt
- electro ball
- iron tail

Greninja - water pulse
- water Shurikin
- Double team/smokescreen
- cut/ night slash

Talonflame - aerial ace
- flamethrower
- double team/flame charge
- steel wing

Hawlucha - karate chop/ hi-jump kick
- acrobatics
- flying press
- stone edge

Goodra - aqua tail
- power whip
- Dragon pulse
- body slam

Ralts - psybeam
- shadow ball
- dazzling gleam
- teleport/ magical leaf

X Drake

I Am Groot
Ash team by the league will IMO be :

Pikachu :
Quick Attack
Iron Tail
Thunderbolt
Electroball or one of those new moves it can learn

Greninja :

Waterpulse
Doubleteam or Acrobatics
Nightslash
Water Shuriken

Talonflame :

Flare Blitz
Aerial Ace
Steel Wing
Flamethrower or Fire Blast

Hawlucha :

Flying Press
Brick Break
X Scissor or Stone Edge
sky attack or Acrobatics

Skiddo :

Wild Charge
Horn Leach
Bulldoze
Vine Whip

Avalugg

Blizzard
Avalanche
Iron Defense
Skull Bash

Or

Aegislash

King's Shield
Shadow Ball
Sacred Sword
iron Head

If ash got a Skiddo I'd like to see its starting moveset as

Tackle
Horn leech
Vine whip

Then ending up as

Take down/wild charge
Horn leech
Vine whip
Seed bomb/ energy ball

I'd still prefer he didn't get one,

If one has to end up on the cast I'd rather see it with James. Or Serena as 2nd choice

TheFonz

Pokemon Semi-Master
You have Talonflame in your team. And none of the Pokemon who have defeated their evolved forms have evolved again. So patterns dont realy matter. They are just fan made.

A couple definitions from the internet:

"5. a combination of qualities, acts, tendencies, etc., forming a consistent or characteristic arrangement"

"5. A consistent, characteristic form, style, or method, as:
a. A composite of traits or features characteristic of an individual or a group: one's pattern of behavior.
b. Form and style in an artistic work or body of artistic works."

So yes, patterns exist in the anime. That is a fact proven by the definition of the word. However, we don't know if most of them are intentional. Stuff like Ash getting every the Grass starter was a pattern because it consistently happened everytime. Before XY you could safely assume Ash would get Chespin and evolve a starter at least once because it had happened 5 times before.

BUT it could not be said it was a fact because nobody could see the future and patterns have been broken before. As we can see now with hindsight, a pattern could be broken or it could continue(although we can't say it's on purpose or not).

Serena (if XY is long enough & she gets a goal like pokevision or contests that require her Pokemon to be used a lot)

Fennekin - flame thrower
- psybeam
- hidden power
- solar beam

Pangoro
- snarl
- sky uppercut
- hAmmer arm
- circle throw

Skiddo
- tackle
- vine whip
- horn leech
- synthesis

Absol
- quick attack
- night slash
- razor wind/psycho cut
- swords dance

Swampert - muddy water
- mud bomb
- water gun
- ice beam/focus blast/ancient power

Spritzee
- dazzling gleam
- moonblast
-energy ball
- charge beam

Aires

Does Ash really have to catch a grass type though? I mean I know we're all into patterns here but honestly I feel like the pokemon anime teams are fulfilled by color schemes rather than types. And since we have a green pokemon (hawlucha), that spot has been taken. I hope that Ash catches Aegislash and Avalugg to be done with his team. That way the spectrum of colors are filled in by having yellow, red, green, blue, purple and white. I honestly do think that writers plan it that way so they can market a cute rainbow of pokemon to catch kids eyes. That's just my belief though.

I really doubt colour scheme plays into it but I personally hope he doesn't get a grass type.

But if he does I'd prefer something that differs from his old ones. Like phantump. Skiddo would be to similar to some of the others for my liking. There wouldn't be much to make it stand out

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
After recently adding these mystical swords into my own battling arsenal, I must admit that I've warmed to them and therefore the idea of seeing Ash with one isn't so bad anymore.. but since it'd be both his first ghost type AND first steel type, I'd want it to remain in it's basic stage..

Pikachu, Greninja, Honedge, Talonflame, Hawlucha and Gogoat would be an acceptable final team, in my opinion..

Although I do still love Bergmite..

Inferno792

Food Wars
After recently adding these mystical swords into my own battling arsenal, I must admit that I've warmed to them and therefore the idea of seeing Ash with one isn't so bad anymore.. but since it'd be both his first ghost type AND first steel type, I'd want it to remain in it's basic stage..

Pikachu, Greninja, Honedge, Talonflame, Hawlucha and Gogoat would be an acceptable final team, in my opinion..

Although I do still love Bergmite..

I would like if Ash's hypothetical Honedge to evolve into a Doublade atleast.

Kuvario

I am who I am...because of them.
I would like if Ash's hypothetical Honedge to evolve into a Doublade atleast.

Why stay a Doublade? An Aegislash would be even cooler and more powerful. And if Ash evolves Froakie to Greninja, Ash can get the Holy Smogon Trinity before the league. That would increase the chances of him coming into Top 4.

So my ideal team for Ash: Pikachu, Greninja, Talonflame, Hawlucha, Aegislash, and Bergmite.

LizardonX

Banned
Aegislash is too powerful for ash. And even if he did get greninja and talonflame it still wouldn't be the holy trinity since none of them have hidden abilities.

Inferno792

Food Wars
Why stay a Doublade? An Aegislash would be even cooler and more powerful. And if Ash evolves Froakie to Greninja, Ash can get the Holy Smogon Trinity before the league. That would increase the chances of him coming into Top 4.

So my ideal team for Ash: Pikachu, Greninja, Talonflame, Hawlucha, Aegislash, and Bergmite.

Read my post completely. I said atleast Doublade.

Kuvario

I am who I am...because of them.
Aegislash is too powerful for ash. And even if he did get greninja and talonflame it still wouldn't be the holy trinity since none of them have hidden abilities.

You're right, Chespin as a Chesnaught would be better. They can easily rewrite their abilities to be their HAs upon evolving, it's so possible.

Read my post completely. I said atleast Doublade.

Ironic how you say to read your post completely when you never read anyone else's completely judging from your posts at times.

Inferno792

Food Wars

Almost every Pokemon has a hidden ability. 95+% of Pokemon have it and Talonflame and Greninja surely do.

Inferno792

Food Wars
Ash's fletchinder does not have gale wings.

His froakie does not have protean.

Don't even try to pretend otherwise.

Their abilities havent been revealed yet. So, I will say otherwise.

It's not probable for them to have their hidden abilities but their abilities havent been revealed yet, so your point is invalid.

LizardonX

Banned
I don't recall either of their abilities being shown yet, so you're as clueless as the rest of us.

If froakie does have protean he would transform when a normal move was used.

If fletchling had gale wings he would inexpliacbly speed up whenever he uses a flying move.

Neither has happened and these 2 abilities don't randomly happen either.

Inferno792

Food Wars
If froakie does have protean he would transform when a normal move was used.

If fletchling had gale wings he would inexpliacbly speed up whenever he uses a flying move.

Neither has happened and these 2 abilities don't randomly happen either.

We dont know how Protean might be displayed in the anime. So we dont know if Froakie would change or not.
And Fletchling's Fling type move has had quite good speed. Again, we dont know how will the ability Gale wings be in the anime.

LizardonX

Banned
We dont know how Protean might be displayed in the anime. So we dont know if Froakie would change or not.
And Fletchling's Fling type move has had quite good speed. Again, we dont know how will the ability Gale wings be in the anime.

An activation for either would be obvious.

obviously cameron could return again and sweep ash out of the league with a 4v6 but we don't know that yet so it's as legitimate a reason as any other for the outcome of the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.