• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters XY Pokémon Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esaq

If clemont gonna use his gym reserve pokemon, then it will be something like:
Fletchinder takes magnamite with firemoves and get defeated to magneton. Pikachu takes magneton and loses to heliolisk.
Then Hawlucha takes heliolisk with fighting moves. Heliolisk is a normal typer too :)

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
Chances are he'll use Luxio in his gym battle, to replace the in-game Emolga, but Magneton and Heliolisk are more than likely going to stay as the other two.. As I said, using Chespin and Bunnelby makes absolutely no sense because the gyms speciality is Electric and neither of them have even one electrical quality..

The only way they could do it, is if Ash wanted to face everything that Clemont owns.. but that would require his last two team slots to be filled first.. plus a random 6v6 gym battle in the middle of a region makes no sense.

Oh and for the sake of the threads purpose, I actually kind of suspect that Luxio will forever stay in its middle stage, while Heliolisk returns as his electrical powerhouse after the gym battle. I also think Bunnelby will be the only team member to actually evolve..

Diggersby, Chespin, Luxio, Dedenne and Heliolisk would be a pretty cool travelling team for him I think..

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
Oh and for the sake of the threads purpose, I actually kind of suspect that Luxio will forever stay in its middle stage, while Heliolisk returns as his electrical powerhouse after the gym battle. I also think Bunnelby will be the only team member to actually evolve..

Diggersby, Chespin, Luxio, Dedenne and Heliolisk would be a pretty cool travelling team for him I think..

Truthfully, i don't want Clemont to take Heliolisk with him after the 5th Gym battle. I mean what use would it have, its already a fully evolved pokemon. Also who would be the main pokemon for Clembot to use against the challengers. And Clemont is probably going to get that Luxio which i believe might actually evolve to a Luxray.

This would be more possible if Luxray gets a Mega Evo, and truthfully presently i only see Clemont as the possible candidate for getting a "Key Stone". The chances are more for him because of his father who is already a Mega Pokemon users (especially considering the fact that he may actually have 2 Mega Pokemons with him i.e., Mega Blaziken and possibly a Mega Ampharos as well). On the other hand, the writers like to showcase Ash as an under-dog, so his chances are a lot less (unless Pikachu gets a Mega Evo).

Another factor to note is that Luxio might actually be a pokemon related to Clemont before he got his Helioptile (which eventually evolved to Heliolisk).

I want the groups team to be a fresh one and not contain any already trained pokemon, because having something like that wouldn't be beneficial to anyone (aka. Charizard during the Unova EN & DA arc). If needed, he can get another pokemon (maybe belonging to a different Gen, though not considering a 6th or 4th Gen one) later on in the series.

ShinyCharyZard

I just like the thought of him taking Heliolisk, so that we can get a little backstory from it. I really can't stand the fact his main Pokemon is stuck in the gym, simply rotting away under Clembot's care..

NatsuLian

Ash's Team:
~ Pikachu, Thunderbolt - Electro-Ball - Quick Attack - Iron Tail
~ Greninja, Double Team - Haze - Water Shuriken - Night Slash
~ Talonflame, Flare Blitz - ??? - ??? - ???
~ Hawlucha, Focus Punch - Flying Press - Sky Drop - ???
~ Gogoat, Horn Leech - Double-Edge - Synthesis - Ariel Ace / Seed Bomb
~ Wild Card

Serena's Team:
~ Braixe, Flamethrower - Psychic - ??? - ???
~ Pancham, ??? - ??? - ??? - ???
~ Absol, Psycho Cut - Night Slash - Double Team
~ Sliggoo, Muddy Water - Dragon Pulse - Protect

Clemont's Team:
~ Chespin or Quilladin
~ Luxray
~ Dedenne
~ Diggersby
~ ???

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
Ash's Team:
~ Pikachu, Thunderbolt - Electro-Ball - Quick Attack - Iron Tail
~ Greninja, Double Team - Haze - Water Shuriken - Night Slash
~ Talonflame, Flare Blitz - ??? - ??? - ???
~ Hawlucha, Focus Punch - Flying Press - Sky Drop - ???
~ Gogoat, Horn Leech - Double-Edge - Synthesis - Ariel Ace / Seed Bomb
~ Wild Card

Serena's Team:
~ Braixe, Flamethrower - Psychic - ??? - ???
~ Pancham, ??? - ??? - ??? - ???
~ Absol, Psycho Cut - Night Slash - Double Team
~ Sliggoo, Muddy Water - Dragon Pulse - Protect

Clemont's Team:
~ Chespin or Quilladin
~ Luxray
~ Dedenne
~ Diggersby
~ ???

eh is heliolisk not counted for clemont's team, i'm pretty sure it'll probably serve as his backup powerhouse

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
In XY45, I think Serena said she'd like to catch a Female Meowstic. Serena's next capture eh ? I'd love if Serena does catch one since Female Meowstic is fabulous. It'd help in her Performing goal.

Characters say tons of things that never happen, and seeing as she'll catch a Pancham soon, I doubt she'll pursue a Meowstic in the near future, if at all. I wouldn't want to see Chespin develop feelings for it anyway.

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
Characters say tons of things that never happen, and seeing as she'll catch a Pancham soon, I doubt she'll pursue a Meowstic in the near future, if at all. I wouldn't want to see Chespin develop feelings for it anyway.
Well tbh didn't Serena also say she'd like a Pancham or that she thought it was cute in its debut episode? Hint hint ;)
But being serious I'd like her next capture to be a Feebas

KidOblivion

Johto League Champ

It happened with Gible, Burnary, Corsola and even Treeko though, so I can see it happening, although id rather see Ash with it.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
It happened with Gible, Burnary, Corsola and even Treeko though, so I can see it happening, although id rather see Ash with it.

I find it hard to believe that four instances out of several dozen captures that have occurred since the anime started increase the chances of Serena catching a Meowstic later though. I'm over Espurr's line tbh.

ShinyCharyZard

I'd personally not see Meowstic among the cast members Pokemon at all, considering how badly it looked animated (in my opinion)..

Serena's next capture after Pancham, in my opinion, should be a Hoenn starter.. preferably Treecko..

KidOblivion

Johto League Champ
I find it hard to believe that four instances out of several dozen captures that have occurred since the anime started increase the chances of Serena catching a Meowstic later though. I'm over Espurr's line tbh.

It's different when those Pokemon have been outright wanted by the cast though. That rarely happens, and when it does, it's captured somewhere down the line.

Also, if Manon really is getting Torchic I have doubts anyone in the cast will be getting a starter.

BJack

Zura

why they would mention that then? Pokemon has really simple dialogue. Unless is another Axew wanting to evolve, which was just droppes for some reason

esquilo09

why they would mention that then? Pokemon has really simple dialogue. Unless is another Axew wanting to evolve, which was just droppes for some reason

It was due to merchandise, that's why Axew didn't evolve, even though it wanted to evolve all the way to its final form, the only known Pokémon who wanted to evolve all the way to its final form and succeeded was Ash's Caterpie.

Thriller

Its almost time
Has there been any new captures since Hawlucha? Or is "Mega" Evolution still the only thing this Generation cares about?

Janovy

Banned
Has there been any new captures since Hawlucha? Or is "Mega" Evolution still the only thing this Generation cares about?
No, thank God. We don't need Ash catching fifty Pokémon and then doing nothing with every single one of then.

I like this pace much better, slow and steady.

Last edited:

Thriller

Its almost time
and Clemont will catch a Luxio soon after.

A NON-current Generation capture? Well blow me down!

(and yes, I remember when Ash caught Gligar, loved that little guy so much!)

Now I'm surprised Luxray doesn't have a "Mega" Evolution that we know of.

Cresselia92

SM Ash = New Ash
No, thank God. We don't need Ash catching fifty Pokémon and then doing nothing with every single one of then.

I like this pace much better, slow and steady.

Same here. I'd rather have him with few but well developed Pokémon than a bunch of unpolished creatures.

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
It's different when those Pokemon have been outright wanted by the cast though. That rarely happens, and when it does, it's captured somewhere down the line.

Also, if Manon really is getting Torchic I have doubts anyone in the cast will be getting a starter.
When was this hinted at?

Status
Not open for further replies.