• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters XY Pokémon Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Illusio

No words, only rage
I don't know, Charizard, Lucario, Pikachu and Mewtwo are some of the most popular Pokemon. Smash has always put in really popular Pokemon as player characters.

Greninja is the exception as Sakurai has said that the reason he was put in was because he liked what the character could do. That's not to say he isn't popular, but it wasn't the reason for his inclusion in Smash.

Having said that...

Greninja's inclusion in Smash had nothing to do with it's popularity.

Just thought I'd point that out.

Not saying it isn't popular (because it is), it's just Smash isn't a valid example.

While this is true, it should be noted that Smash has a history of popularizing characters and series just by them existing within the game (ex. Fire Emblem being brought over after Melee). So by Greninja being a part of Smash, he's become a lot more recognizable and popular then he already is, and thus is a great Pokemon for them to market.

Sakurai choose Greninja without knowing that he would become the most popular Pokemon from Gen 6. Lorde is just trolling as usual.

And lol Jigglypuff is iconic. Y'all can't even try the Kween.

Crimson Red

Sakurai choose Greninja without knowing that he would become the most popular Pokemon from Gen 6. Lorde is just trolling as usual.

And lol Jigglypuff is iconic. Y'all can't even try the Kween.

exactly. Greninja not happening is like Charizard not happening in OS, seriously.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Charizard, Sceptile, Infernape and eventually Greninja were all huge fan favorites in their respective sagas.

Torterra was just kinda there. Its like the writers only evolved it just so they could say it evolved and that's it.

Lucille

Charizard, Sceptile, Infernape and eventually Greninja were all huge fan favorites in their respective sagas.

Torterra was just kinda there. Its like the writers only evolved it just so they could say it evolved and that's it.

I disagree, Torterra as a Turtwig was Ash's star Sinnoh Pokemon for half the saga.

Judai-and-sho

The Best of the Best
I remember all the folks who were giving all of these arguments for why Froakie would never evolve at all. And now we're hearing the next logical steps in that Frogadier will stay at this stage forever. Again, while we can't predict the future, people seem to really be burying their heads in whatever technicalities or stretched comparisons they can in order to avoid precedent. Maybe they will be right, but precedent and the current unfolding of XY really go against that. Right now I'm not hearing many convincing reasons why we shouldn't be expecting Greninja down the road. The fact that it's a marketable final evolution, is Ash's only starter this gen, and that Froakie's already evolved once this early in the saga? These all speak to a likely second evolution.

Last edited:

MattySadler

I don't follow this forum as closely as I did at the start of the XY series, but I thought people were pretty universally behind Froakie > Frogadier > Greninja happening for Ash? I always thought it'd evolve anyone and I'm really happy it has. I bet it is going to be a great Pokemon. Exciting times.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I don't follow this forum as closely as I did at the start of the XY series, but I thought people were pretty universally behind Froakie > Frogadier > Greninja happening for Ash? I always thought it'd evolve anyone and I'm really happy it has. I bet it is going to be a great Pokemon. Exciting times.

Everyone knows it will evolve into Greninja. Its just a handful of naysayers who always try to contradict popular opinion for no reason at all.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
but I thought people were pretty universally behind Froakie > Frogadier > Greninja happening for Ash?

No. There's no hive mind. There's not even any evidence about Ash's Gekkrouga being a thing anyway unless I missed him on the spoiler cake.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
So like how long until Luxray and Braixen come along? That's right among a sea of Goodra and Greninja post lasting like 20 pages, I want to talk about the other Pokemon we know are coming. Especially poor Luxray. Poor thing is terribly overlooked.

Judai-and-sho

The Best of the Best
I don't see Luxray coming until a bit down the road. Goomy hasn't even shown up yet and I can't imagine it'll get to Goodra THAT, THAT fast. (It has to go through Sligoo, after all.) Since Luxio is also still fairly new, I imagine it'll probably be at least early Spring before we see Luxray.

Braixen can come at any time. Lots of eppys featuring Serena coming up and it wouldn't surprise me to see it happen in one of those.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
I don't see Luxray coming until a bit down the road. Goomy hasn't even shown up yet and I can't imagine it'll get to Goodra THAT, THAT fast. (It has to go through Sligoo, after all.) Since Luxio is also still fairly new, I imagine it'll probably be at least early Spring before we see Luxray.

Braixen can come at any time. Lots of eppys featuring Serena coming up and it wouldn't surprise me to see it happen in one of those.

I doubt Braixen is coming in any of these upcoming episodes. Serena race doesn't really require her to use any of her Pokemon and she's likely to lose her non-Contest debut. I'd save Braixen for when she starts winning. Which could be awhile. As for Luxray, who knows? Maybe it evolves in the actually Gym Battle.

WillDaSnail

Soon™?
So like how long until Luxray and Braixen come along? That's right among a sea of Goodra and Greninja post lasting like 20 pages, I want to talk about the other Pokemon we know are coming. Especially poor Luxray. Poor thing is terribly overlooked.

Given the fact that we got the leaked image of the cake and script cover about a month or so ago, I would expect Luxray and Braixen to make their appearances (via evolution) in the next 4-5 months. (Think April/May 2015 at the earliest)

(This estimate is based from the fact that the episodes - which includes creating the animations and recording the voice actors' parts - are made 4-5 months before they are scheduled to air)

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
On bulbagarden I heard that Braxien could happen in early 2015. So I do think by the latest it'll happen will be by May.

Last edited:

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
I still can't believe Clemont got Luxray and the thing doesn't have a Mega Evolution XD I thought for sure they were going to announce Mega Luxray. Oh well, maybe in some future remake 10 years from now. I wonder what causes the evolution. Hopefully they don't just waste evolutions on TR battles. I know that's common to happen, but be creative.

Status
Not open for further replies.