• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters XY Pokémon Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
For real. If you are going to give Fennekin flack, then Wurmple, Torchic, Swinub, Togepi, and bunch others deserve it to. It doesn't matter how long it took, Torchic didn't do more then Fennekin and it evolved. Who cares if it took 80 episodes. 80 episodes of nothing still amounts to nothing. I for one, can't wait for Fennekin to evolve. It's been far too long since a girls starter was allowed to evolve.

As long as Pancham doesn't evolve and become the "D" word, I don't particularly care for how her team turns out. I'm tired of all the drama that surrounds Serena's every action.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
So just because Piplup and Axew didn't evolve it gives Serena a "freebie" to do what she wants?

If you want to look at it that way, then yes. Just like Torchic was a "freebie" too. I thought you'd love to make the AG reference.

Lorde

I can see Serena with only evolving Pokemon three times like three magic wishes lol. She's using one on Fennekin, I hope she uses another on Pancham and the third on a future Feebas

I still can't see how a Milotic would help with Pokemon Showcases; it's "beautiful" and all that, but it doesn't seem capable of performing well since it's basically a sea serpent.

Lucille

I still can't see how a Milotic would help with Pokemon Showcases; it's "beautiful" and all that, but it doesn't seem capable of performing well since it's basically a sea serpent.

Milotic can preform on land and like you said it's beautiful. Milotic should be an easy choice for an appeal pokemon

Squirtle_007

Well, it helped Robert to get perfect scores in Appeal rounds just standing still sparkling and waving its tail slowly :/ I don't see Serena with a Milotic either, I hope she gets Vivillon (no matter how predictable would be)

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster

Milotic would be perfect for these non-Contest. Plus she could have a comical Feebas while we wait for Milotic. I realize the odds of her getting one is rare, but Feebas and Milotic both promote ORAS.

Lorde

Milotic can preform on land and like you said it's beautiful. Milotic should be an easy choice for an appeal pokemon

But there's more to Showcases than appeals, and seeing Milotic stuck with a single purpose would be bland in my view.

Ilikepiex7

Milotic the ultimate pokemon in beauty contests it's been used by contest master Wallace in the anime and Ruby in the manga. If you go by contest move types Fennekin already covers beauty and pancham covers tough types so Serena's remaining pokemon should cover the smart, cool, and cute types.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
My baltoy swept every single category in omega ruby without breaking a sweat.

I nominate baltoy for serena.

I wouldn't mind Baltoy on the cast, I liked it ever since that critically acclaimed Hoenn filler where the girl used a Baltoy to send herself a message from the future was made.

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
You know, I can see how people would be annoyed with Fennekin evolving with how it is. But I'm personally happy to see an evolution occurring for a companion in XY, finallllly. I am hoping that Braixen is much much more active than Fennekin was in battle and I do like the idea of a witch fox. I can see Braixen and Serena making good use of its wand and I'm hoping for Hidden Power/Wish, Flamethrower, Magic Room(Would look pretty for a performance, no?) and Psybeam. As for future captures, there's a Treecko on the poster...that might could be hers. I personally would like her to get Misdreavus and then evolve it into Mismagius. Two witch Pokemon on the same team and great Contest Pokemon previously in the anime. Plus Mismagius can learn Mystical Fire in ORAS, that's definitely something I'd like to see a showoff between Elle-san's Delphox and her Mismagius. I don't care if Fennekin goes all the way to Delphox or not, but I wouldn't be against it.

Lorde

You know, I can see how people would be annoyed with Fennekin evolving with how it is. But I'm personally happy to see an evolution occurring for a companion in XY, finallllly. I am hoping that Braixen is much much more active than Fennekin was in battle and I do like the idea of a witch fox. I can see Braixen and Serena making good use of its wand and I'm hoping for Hidden Power/Wish, Flamethrower, Magic Room(Would look pretty for a performance, no?) and Psybeam. As for future captures, there's a Treecko on the poster...that might could be hers. I personally would like her to get Misdreavus and then evolve it into Mismagius. Two witch Pokemon on the same team and great Contest Pokemon previously in the anime. Plus Mismagius can learn Mystical Fire in ORAS, that's definitely something I'd like to see a showoff between Elle-san's Delphox and her Mismagius. I don't care if Fennekin goes all the way to Delphox or not, but I wouldn't be against it.

Tbh I'd love for her to have a Hogwarts-esque team, so I wouldn't mind Misdreavus. I'm slightly more interested in someone getting Duskull though, probably because of the current era.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Ash

Greninja ends up happening vs Olympia when Frogadier has trouble with her Meowstic.
* [ Water Shuriken | Night Slash | Aerial Ace | Double Team ]

Fletchinder's could play a role in hatching Ash's egg by having its natural ability, Flame Body take effect. Then it could evolve into Talonflame to help protect the egg about to hatch from TR.
* [ Heat Wave | Flame Charge | Acrobatics | Steel Wing ]

Hawlucha can maybe get a few episodes of development, hard to do with no evolution-line Pokemon.
* [ Flying Press | Karate Chop | High Jump Kick | Dual Chop ]

Goomy could evolve between its capture and Clemont, then perhaps on the way to Laverre City evolve during a storm episode to protect Ash from the swamp Pokémon.
* [ Dragon Pulse | Dragon Tail | Muddy Water | Power Whip ]

In this speculation, Skiddo is his elemental trio base form Pokemon, like Corphish and Buizel. It also hatches from Egg before the gang reaches Lumiose City.
* [ Vine Whip | Seed Bomb | Bulldoze | Zen Headbutt ]

Spinda doesn't really mean Spinda, in this it just represents a past generation pokémon he could get that will have a gen 7 evolution like Aipom. Besides he hasn't caught a Pure Normal type since Aipom and hasn't kept one since Snorlax.
* [ Secret Power | Teeter Dance | Copycat | Psybeam ]

Serena

Braixen staying as is for performances for now. It could evolve in Serena's future special or when he's gonna leave the cast.
* [ Flamethrower | Fire Spin | Hidden Power | Psychic ]

Pancham is her Psyduck, Skitty, Buneary, Axew... her cute Pokemon that won't evolve for marketing.
* [ Karate Chop | Sky uppercut | Dark Pulse | Stone Edge ]

Shauna tells Serena that she should raise Chespin as it loves to perform. Episodes later, Serena catches a Pokémon that hates to perform and prefers playing around with Clemont's inventions. Trade happens. Chaos in forums ensues
* [ Vine Whip | Grass Pledge | Pin Missile | Take Down ]

After meeting Lisia who promotes Pokemon Contests, Serena wins an Egg containing Mudkip and it evolves into Marshtomp and then Swampert. Her 'powerhouse'.
* [ Scald | Mud Bomb | Hammer Arm | Ice Ball ]

Clemont

At Lumiose Gym

Honestly I can see this being a Buneary or Snivy in which it stays stale through its run.
* [ Double Slap | Double Team | Mud Shot | Dig ]

Dedenne is kept for Eureka and doesn't really battle.
* [ Thundershock | Nuzzle | Play Rough | Tackle ]

Luxray becomes his traveling main, while Heliolisk is his Gym main.
* [ Discharge | Wild Charge | Swift | Iron Tail ]

Rotom is the Pokémon that Serena accidentally captures and Rotom takes a liking to Clemont and his machines. Rotom actually provides some stability to his machines which cause it to not short circuit as often as they do. This Rotom is a bit timid and calm. It wants to prove itself useful after so many people in the town hated it for misunderstanding its enthusiasm to help (and failing) for mischief.
* [ Charge Beam | Shadow Ball | Charge | Special Move+ ]
+ Clemont carries a small appliance that Rotom can use before going into battle, Clemont decides which one he will use before going into battle.

MattySadler

So Ash's team is going to consist of Pikachu, Frogadier, Fletchinder, Hawlucha and Goomy, with more evolutions probable along the way. I like the first four a lot already and I imagine I'll probably like Goomy as well. What is the latest on his sixth Pokemon? Am I going to have to accept the fact it'll probably be a Skiddo?

Ilikepiex7

Rotom would of been nice for Clemont if Professor Oak didn't catch one right before x/y started to be the new joke pokemon that shocks him everything Ash calls Oak

phanpycross

God-king
So Ash's team is going to consist of Pikachu, Frogadier, Fletchinder, Hawlucha and Goomy, with more evolutions probable along the way. I like the first four a lot already and I imagine I'll probably like Goomy as well. What is the latest on his sixth Pokemon? Am I going to have to accept the fact it'll probably be a Skiddo?

Not sure, skidddo is appearing without anything special happening in xy 53, so phantump is most certainly still possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.