• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters XY Pokémon Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
what if wee see ash's bulbasaur come back from oak's lab, that way ash has a grass type and a poison type which he can use against the fairy type gym and we can see it be fully evolved by the league or be in its middle stage and evolve during the league and we see somebody give ash a keystone and megaton so he can mega evolve his venasaur

Why can't he simply catch a Kalos Grass-type instead of using a Grass-type who peaked more than a decade ago?

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Why can't he simply catch a Kalos Grass-type instead of using a Grass-type who peaked more than a decade ago?

I don't even think he needs a grass type, or a 6th Pokemon either, until the league imo. I can see him using his reserves for his 6th spot for the league.

MrLuigi1046

All Hail Lord Goomy!

Oh gosh, I wonder why, this probably and I mean probably has to do with the fact that Venasaur got a mega evolution this generation and the fact that ash's bulbasaur is part poison type which he can use in the fairy type gym. I also wonder why the writers would bring back Charizard in BW even though it had peaked over a decade ago and served no real purpose.

FletchMaster26

Lover of Birds
Oh gosh, I wonder why, this probably and I mean probably has to do with the fact that Venasaur got a mega evolution this generation and the fact that ash's bulbasaur is part poison type which he can use in the fairy type gym. I also wonder why the writers would bring back Charizard in BW even though it had peaked over a decade ago and served no real purpose.

Well Charizard came back after league, so there was no purpose for it to serve other than for fan nostalgia.

Lorde

Why does Ash need a Poison-type for his battle against Valerie when his eventual Goodra can learn Poison-type attacks itself and Pikachu knows Iron Tail, which is strong against Fairy-types also? :confused: Bulbasaur made it blatantly clear that he doesn't want to evolve anyway.

MrLuigi1046

All Hail Lord Goomy!
Why does Ash need a Poison-type for his battle against Valerie when his eventual Goodra can learn Poison-type attacks itself and Pikachu knows Iron Tail, which is strong against Fairy-types also? :confused: Bulbasaur made it blatantly clear that he doesn't want to evolve anyway.

Ever heard of a change called changing your mind? At the end of the day the writers can just make the decision that bulbasaur has changed his mind, plus this seems like this is the series in which the writers are doing what the fans have always wanted them to do, so bulbasaur coming back to fully evolve and show of its mega evolution is a possibility especially because this is the generation where its mega evolution was introduced. plus who wants to see pikachu star in another gym, he's already started in the first 3 of this region and he's gonna be in the gym battle vs clement, we don't need any more pikachu screen time, he's already had 15 years of that.

FletchMaster26

Lover of Birds
Ever heard of a change called changing your mind? At the end of the day the writers can just make the decision that bulbasaur has changed his mind, plus this seems like this is the series in which the writers are doing what the fans have always wanted them to do, so bulbasaur coming back to fully evolve and show of its mega evolution is a possibility especially because this is the generation where its mega evolution was introduced. plus who wants to see pikachu star in another gym, he's already started in the first 3 of this region and he's gonna be in the gym battle vs clement, we don't need any more pikachu screen time, he's already had 15 years of that.

There's no basis for that though. Yes, the writers have been mixing it up this generation, it doesn't make sense from an in universe point of view, and there is no reason for the writers to bring bulbasaur back, let alone have it evolve twice and mega evolve, in Kalos, in such a short period of time. There would have to be an in universe reason for bulbasaur to change his mind, and if it hasn't come up in the last 16 years, why would it come up now?

MrLuigi1046

All Hail Lord Goomy!
There's no basis for that though. Yes, the writers have been mixing it up this generation, it doesn't make sense from an in universe point of view, and there is no reason for the writers to bring bulbasaur back, let alone have it evolve twice and mega evolve, in Kalos, in such a short period of time. There would have to be an in universe reason for bulbasaur to change his mind, and if it hasn't come up in the last 16 years, why would it come up now?

I guess it could come back on the show now cuz venasaur has a mega evolution this gen, and he can fill in his 6th slot on his team while also getting a grass type and poison type which is super effective against fairy types.

I was just simply making a suggestion for ash's 6th slot on his team, it wasn't meant to be taken this seriously though, just a simple suggestion, while I know it is unlikely for it to happen it would be cool if it actually did and ash can have a mega evolution on his team instead of something like his charizard which is overrated IMHO or his sceptile which got to star in the battle frontier and the hoenn region.

Lorde

That's basically my view on it. The only reserve Pokemon that I'd want to see come back is Charizard since he could probably Mega Evolve in a heartbeat imho.

FletchMaster26

Lover of Birds
I guess it could come back on the show now cuz venasaur has a mega evolution this gen, and he can fill in his 6th slot on his team while also getting a grass type and poison type which is super effective against fairy types.

I was just simply making a suggestion for ash's 6th slot on his team, it wasn't meant to be taken this seriously though, just a simple suggestion, while I know it is unlikely for it to happen it would be cool if it actually did and ash can have a mega evolution on his team instead of something like his charizard which is overrated IMHO or his sceptile which got to star in the battle frontier and the hoenn region.

Sorry, I didn't mean to be confrontational, I definitely know the feeling of wanting something to happen in he anime that you know pretty much won't happen, but would be incredibly awesome if it did. Like for me, I'd like to see Ash interact with Giratina again, but I know that has zero chance of happening at the moment and only a sliver of a chance when they remake the Sinnoh games during gen 8 or whenever.

Be sure that Bulbasaur isn't returning. They have much better options other than that onion bulb. There's Heracross- there's his Quilava which can evolve into a Typhlosion almost immediately if they want it to, there's Gible which they can bring back...there are so many Pokemon which could be brought back, and even have Megas. Do you really think they would favour a Bulbasaur over...let's say Charizard and Sceptile (if not Heracross)?

nameman

Be sure that Bulbasaur isn't returning. They have much better options other than that onion bulb. There's Heracross- there's his Quilava which can evolve into a Typhlosion almost immediately if they want it to, there's Gible which they can bring back...there are so many Pokemon which could be brought back, and even have Megas. Do you really think they would favour a Bulbasaur over...let's say Charizard and Sceptile (if not Heracross)?

Bulbasaur will be returning again, just not to the battlefield. His role is peacemaker and elder statesman now at the ranch. The other Grass starters have probably surpassed him by now.

Bulbasaur will be returning again, just not to the battlefield. His role is peacemaker and elder statesman now at the ranch. The other Grass starters have probably surpassed him by now.

Obviously. You didn't think I was saying that Bulbasaur would never again be shown, did you? Just that it won't return to battle with Ash anywhere.

So guys, it finally happened, in the case that Ash's frogadier evolves, Ash will officially have his first ubers :D

Huh? Did I miss something?

nameman

Obviously. You didn't think I was saying that Bulbasaur would never again be shown, did you? Just that it won't return to battle with Ash anywhere.

Huh? Did I miss something?

Greninja just became Ubers on Smogon today. That's all.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
After Goodra I see,,,,,'

Ash:
Fletchinder > Talonflame
Phantump
Meowstic M
?????

Serena:
Mudkip
Noibat
Meowstic F