• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters XY Pokémon Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

esquilo09

I think Serena will get a Noibat and a Meowstic by the end of the year.

Well, I want Serena to catch a Sneasel, but I don't mind her to catch a Noibat and a Meowstic, they're both cool.

phanpycross

God-king
God, it's been so long since Ive been in this good of a mood about the anime.

Honestly, I dont think Ive been this happy about Ash's team in like, forever, it's just such a wonderful blend of strong and weak, with some great personalities too. Be the sixth skiddo, bergmite, phantump, snealsel, tangrowth, zekrom, whatever, Im sure the writers arent gonna mess it up :)

After Goodra I see,,,,,'

Ash:
Fletchinder > Talonflame
Phantump
Meowstic M
?????

This is interesting! So you predict that Ash and Serena would be getting the male and female counterparts of Meowstic respectively? Bold prediction. Very bold. And I agree. james is getting something else. It has been usual for TR to have two Pokemon each. Jessie already has two; and her Pumpkaboo will probably evolve too. James...he needs another. Wonder which Pokemon though.

phanpycross

God-king
This is interesting! So you predict that Ash and Serena would be getting the male and female counterparts of Meowstic respectively? Bold prediction. Very bold. And I agree. james is getting something else. It has been usual for TR to have two Pokemon each. Jessie already has two; and her Pumpkaboo will probably evolve too. James...he needs another. Wonder which Pokemon though.

I always personally felt that binacle could be a fun choice for James, and that Jessie should get a female pyroar, for obvious reasons :D

I always personally felt that binacle could be a fun choice for James, and that Jessie should get a female pyroar, for obvious reasons :D

Binacle for James is quite alright. Heh..female lion for Jessie xD But I think Jessie's quota is done as far as XY is concerned. She already has her two Pokemon- and they suit her quite well I must say.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
Why does Ash need a Poison-type for his battle against Valerie when his eventual Goodra can learn Poison-type attacks itself and Pikachu knows Iron Tail, which is strong against Fairy-types also? :confused: Bulbasaur made it blatantly clear that he doesn't want to evolve anyway.

Did people just scan over that episode in the past without watching it properly? He just put evolution off at that time, not refuse to ever do it like Pikachu or Piplup.. even the narrator mentioned the possibility still being open.

I swear when it comes to OS episodes, people just create their own parts and throw them in as if they're actually what happened.. just like how people always add "for you" into the middle of the conversation with Pidgeot..

I don't think Bulbasaur will return anyway, since he's had his day.. Phantump would be a far more interesting addition to the team at this point..

nickdt

After Goodra I see,,,,,'

Ash:
Fletchinder > Talonflame
Phantump
Meowstic M
?????

Serena:
Mudkip
Noibat
Meowstic F

Clemont:
Nothing, he's done

James:
????? I see him getting something

Give Ash the Female, cause its more battle-orientated.

esquilo09

It would be the first time Ash and co' has two Pokémons of the same species, except that they have gender differences.

MattySadler

Did people just scan over that episode in the past without watching it properly? He just put evolution off at that time, not refuse to ever do it like Pikachu or Piplup.. even the narrator mentioned the possibility still being open.

I swear when it comes to OS episodes, people just create their own parts and throw them in as if they're actually what happened.. just like how people always add "for you" into the middle of the conversation with Pidgeot..

I don't think Bulbasaur will return anyway, since he's had his day.. Phantump would be a far more interesting addition to the team at this point..

I've watched the episode recently and it is made abundantly clear Bulbasaur has no intention of evolving.

I also find it hard to imagine why else Ash would just offer out his travel plans to a Pidgeot and a bunch of stray Pidgey and Pidgeotto unless...

Last edited:

KKS-Lapras

I've watched the episode recently and it is made abundantly clear Bulbasaur has no intention of evolving.

I also find it hard to imagine why else Ash would just offer out his travel plans to a Pidgeot and a bunch of stray Pidgey and Pidgeotto unless...

That is not what the episode portrayed about Bulbasaur at all. Bulbasaur was against evolving on some predetermined time-line. Never once was implied he never wanted to evolve, just that he wanted it to happen on his own term.

MrLuigi1046

All Hail Lord Goomy!
Ash's Final Kalos Team

Pikachu- Iron Tail, Thunderbolt, Electroball and Quick Attack
Greninja- Hydro Cannon, Water Shuriken, Double Team and Aerial Ace
Talonflame- Aerial Ace, Flame Charge, Bravebird and Steel Wing
Hawlucha- Flying Press, High Jump Kick, Sky Attack and Drain Punch
Goodra- Outrage, Sludge Wave, Focus Punch and Dragon Pulse
Trevenant- Phantom Force, Wood Hammer, Forest's Curse and Will-O-Wisp
Doublade- Shadow Claw, Flash Cannon, Night Slash and Iron Head

Hopefully ash can catch his Honedge before the fairy type gym and evolve it
Ash could possibly encounter his Honedge in a King Arthur sort of way and evolve it before or during the gym

water trainer

Knuckle Trainer
I had a dream last night that I found leaked pictures and it had TR standing in a forest with Jessie and James with a Bergmite, (James was crouched down talking to it) and Inkay, Gourgeist, Wobbuffett and Meowth were standing behind them LOL I call it if someone in TR catches Bergmite.

Also in the dream was a poster with the group and their Pokemon, Talonflame was there also Goodra and a Gogoat, it also had Serena with Braixen, Pancham and a blue flower Floett - there was also a random Litleo there, but it wasn't with anyone.
If any of this comes true then I'm counting this as a premonition haha

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I'm thinking Clemont's Luxio will evolve in XY62 and maybe in XY64 Serena's Fennekin will evolve into Braxien. I also think that Serena may get a Noibat around the time of the movie.

I don't see the point of Ash's Pokémon evolving this saga when Pikachu will take all the glory anyway. They are better of in their base forms so Pikachu can do all the work in the battles.

I will NOT be surprised if Pikachu takes all the wins on the Kalos League.

nuzamaki90

I don't see the point of Ash's Pokémon evolving this saga when Pikachu will take all the glory anyway. They are better of in their base forms so Pikachu can do all the work in the battles.

I will NOT be surprised if Pikachu takes all the wins on the Kalos League.

How has Pikachu taken all the glory? Have you noticed how Pikachu hasn't actually battled anyone but TR since the Korinna gym battle? Or that Frogadier and Hawlucha have been the focus of recent battles? Or that Pikachu isn't even being used in this upcoming gym battle.

----------

Honedge is my final prediction for Ash's 6th Pokemon. He probably won't get Noibat since he already has two flying types and a Dragon type. I thought Goomy's personality would work well with Bergmite or Phantump, but I guess not.

Or that Pikachu isn't even being used in this upcoming gym battle.
How do you know that Pikachu is NOT in the upcoming gym battle.

Also why Isn't Goodra STARRING in the Lumiose Gym battle then if has just evolved before it? Why Pikachu, tell me that?

Last edited:

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
How do you know that Pikachu is NOT in the upcoming gym battle.

Also why Isn't Goodra STARRING in the Lumiose Gym battle then if has just evolved before it? Why Pikachu, tell me that?
Because the title and descriprion pretty much confirm Frogadier is starring. Secondly, we don't even know if Goomy will be a Sliggoo or a Goodra come Lumiose nor do we have any inkling as to whether Pikachu will star in it either so stop acting like you have some magic crystal ball that can see the future.

Sidagam

If Pikachu is the only one that matters and the only one that needs to star anywhere then why come to a thread about pokemon captures and evolution's?

Pretty sure we'll have at least Sliggoo by the Lumiouse gym, judging by the broadcast data. Plus there's nothing that suggests Pikachu will be the star there (He didn't star against Volkner). Only that he'll battle Bunnelby.

I bet he does star though haha

Status
Not open for further replies.