• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters XY Pokémon Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
the question is "is it Jessies gourgeist".

considering how it evolves in game is it possible she trades it to someone. it Won't be one of ash and co so to keep it on the cast that just leaves James. maybe James catches something soon and for some reason they trade.

or will they just forget the trade aspect and evolve pumpkaboo normally

I don't see why she can't simply trade with a COTD like how she obtained Wobbuffet. Pumpkaboo's evolution could even happen off-screen imo. :x

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
I hope that is Jessie's Gourgeist that is on the Movie 18 Pikachu Short poster. I mean, it's not impossible, especially when Ash evolved his first Water Type starter Pokemon in this series. I guess it kind of depends on what episode that recently leaked episode script is associated with.

Last edited:

Lorde

I hope that is Jessie's Gourgeist that is on the Movie 18 Pikachu Short poster. I mean, it's not impossible, especially when Ash evolve his first Water Type starter Pokemon in this series. I guess it kind of depends on what episode that recently leaked episode script is associated with.

It's clearly hers; it was shown between her Wobbuffet and James's Inkay after all while Pumpkaboo was nowhere to be found. :x

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
It's clearly hers; it was shown between her Wobbuffet and James's Inkay after all while Pumpkaboo was nowhere to be found. :x

Well, to be fair, Bunnelby is closer to Inkay and Gourgeist than Wobbuffet. Plus, as we've seen before, placements of Pokemon on posters and in some scenes in the anime isn't always an indication of what Pokemon belong to whom. Don't get me wrong, I would like it for Jessie to evolve her Pumpkaboo, but I just don't think that poster has enough evidence to support the theory that it is definitely hers.

DavidD001

I guess people have given up on Skiddo as a possibiilty for the sixth slot in Ash's team.

I haven't given up. I'm still loyal to the hopeful capture of Skiddo.

--VIRGO--

I guess I didn't noticed Inkay and Wobbuffet in the first place. In that case that has to be Jessie's. Skiddo is as much possible as Bergmite, Honedge or Florges. Generally I used to think about Noibat but unlikely due being Ash's third flying type. Since Gourgeist is out of contest probably if Ash was suppose to have grass type after all Trevenant looks like a good Pokemon. Also Ghost type.

DavidD001

It is very possible that Ash will not get a new type this region. Even though I would like to see Ash get 1 of the 4 types he does not have yet, its very possible that he will not get a Psychic-, Ghost-, Steel-, or Fairy-type in Kalos.

I'm always hoping for Skiddo's capture and there MIGHT be a capture or 2 beyond Ash's 6th slot.

and at the way the series is progressing so far that just by looking at Ash's team..it will be very likely his team is gonna be fully evolved aside from Pikachu & Hawlucha.

Pikachu
Frogadier/Greninja
Talonflame
Hawlucha
Goodra

for the 6th spot & beyond its unknown if the 6th spot will either fully evolve or remain unevolved at this point.

esquilo09

It is very possible that Ash will not get a new type this region. Even though I would like to see Ash get 1 of the 4 types he does not have yet, its very possible that he will not get a Psychic-, Ghost-, Steel-, or Fairy-type in Kalos.

I'm always hoping for Skiddo's capture and there MIGHT be a capture or 2 beyond Ash's 6th slot.

and at the way the series is progressing so far that just by looking at Ash's team..it will be very likely his team is gonna be fully evolved aside from Pikachu & Hawlucha.

Pikachu
Frogadier/Greninja
Talonflame
Hawlucha
Goodra

for the 6th spot & beyond its unknown if the 6th spot will either fully evolve or remain unevolved at this point.
You might be right DavidD001, Ash might not catch a new type in Kalos, he might just have a pure Grass type(Skiddo) or a type overlap(Litleo) or a type that he already caught(Bergmite)

Lorde

I guess people have given up on Skiddo as a possibiilty for the sixth slot in Ash's team.

No? It's probably not mentioned as much these days since Ash just recently caught Goomy and it has two evolutions coming soon. Ash's sixth Pokemon can wait in my opinion.

Judai-and-sho

The Best of the Best
No? It's probably not mentioned as much these days since Ash just recently caught Goomy and it has two evolutions coming soon. Ash's sixth Pokemon can wait in my opinion.

I think having Skiddo debut without a capture is what made the talk die down. Not that that excludes the possibility of a capture of Skiddo, but it also takes at least a little wind out of the sails and makes something like Phantump feasible too. I still think one of the two is likely though.

Nodame

Misty <3
i know that years have happened but primeape and pidgeot should be brought back, especially pidgeot, at least after this region on his way back to the lab, we can have a pidgeot episode where he returns with Ash.

Ah Pidgeot :( I would love it if Ash's Mega would be Pidgeot, but I'll doubt it will happen.

sontoriginyu

im having doubts that Ash will become a mega owner prior to the league, and if he did i'd put money on Charizard, even though i want him to get the super powered Heracross.

--VIRGO--

Heracross has less chance to become his Mega. It isn't popular enough pokemon. Much as Glalie. The biggest chance seems to have Sceptile and Charizard. There is also a possibility that Ash will catch Pokemon which doesn't have Mega evolution yet but new game might introduce suitable stone. Beside nobody said, this Pokemon has to be from Kalos. He might catch Sableye i.e. Good as any other.

Captain America X

Heracross has less chance to become his Mega. It isn't popular enough pokemon. Much as Glalie. The biggest chance seems to have Sceptile and Charizard. There is also a possibility that Ash will catch Pokemon which doesn't have Mega evolution yet but new game might introduce suitable stone. Beside nobody said, this Pokemon has to be from Kalos. He might catch Sableye i.e. Good as any other.

If Heracross/Glalie are not popular enough than even Sableye is not likely to be caught and mega evolved.

NPT

Just a member
I for one don't want Ash to catch a Skiddo. Ash's sixth Kalos Pokémon should be either a Psychic type or a Steel type.

sontoriginyu

im still holding out for Honedge, outside of starters does Ash really catch the super sexy pokemon, or the rare pokemon. I'll give you Gible, and Lapras but can you tell me another.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Honedge/Phanthump/Floette or Florges are still my picks for Ash.

Skiddo's still a no for me lol.

sontoriginyu

the thing i hated about this region, is the lack of new diversity. they created this expansive new region and then they flushed it down the drain with a lack of new pokemon. heck even if they gave us twelve more pokemon, and im talking at the least one more three stage, three two stagers and a basic, it would have been better. bug, ground and poison only got one nonlegendary pokemon group. the front loading of fairies, rock and normal types i think ended up hurting the catchable pokemon in the anime. no one catches the fossils, and who would want the main cast to get Binacle.

Sprinter1988

im still holding out for Honedge, outside of starters does Ash really catch the super sexy pokemon, or the rare pokemon. I'll give you Gible, and Lapras but can you tell me another.

It depends on how you define "rare" - compared to Honedge, many of Ash's pokemon are rarer than it. In Kanto, Tauros is pretty rare and Ash got 30 of them! In games where it appears in Viridian Forest, Pidgeotto is rare there, yet Ash caught his there (ok, they're more common late game but still!)
You could consider Snorlax "rare" as there usually aren't many of them readily available within any game - games where it appears in the wild itself its usually an interaction pokemon and games where it is only available by catching Munchlax and evolving it, Munchlax is pretty rare. Heracross is relatively rare. Torkoal is rarer than the other fire types in fiery path (Numel & Slugma) and depending on versions both Aipom and Gligar can be considered relatively rare.

Also, for the record, Ash caught a shiny Noctowl. If that isn't rare I don't know what is!

And, ok, so Ash doesn't always capture the absolute best pokemon in each region, but he does well enough. Not only that, there is also the fact that being good in the games does not necessarily equate to being good in the anime, and some of Ash's pokemon are pretty top tier within the anime's own universe. Setting aside the starters and Pikachu, there's Snorlax, Heracross, Tauros, Glalie, Gliscor, Kingler, Leavanny, Krookodile, Palpitoad, Staraptor, Donphan, Noctowl and Swellow, all of whom vie for positions in the ranking of Ash's top 12 pokemon.

Also, it isn't going to be long before Ash has a Talonflame, which is widely regarded as one of the best (if not the best) bird pokemon out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.