• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters XY Pokémon Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tourist Juan

I agree, those are good options for Serena. Also don't worry, Ash never gonna catch a Dunsparce due to these facts.

1. It is very slow and would be an underdog to Ash's team.
2. It is not popular nor marketable.
3. Ash never catches rare Pokémons.

I wouldnt mind ash catching a dunsparce, i mean if he wants one who are we to deny him what he wants. XD
Anyways your arguments dont make much sense.
1. He has loads of pokemon that are pretty slow. Snorlax, Muk, Torterra to name a few.
2. If it were up to popularity he would have a lot more pokemon including lucario.
3. I guess a shiny Noctowl isn't rare enough for you

esquilo09

I wouldnt mind ash catching a dunsparce, i mean if he wants one who are we to deny him what he wants. XD
Anyways your arguments dont make much sense.
1. He has loads of pokemon that are pretty slow. Snorlax, Muk, Torterra to name a few.
2. If it were up to popularity he would have a lot more pokemon including lucario.
Ok, sorry for saying those facts, I'm just surprised that Ash tried to catch a Dunsparce again. I just don't think the writers will pull a Dawn on him.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.

Outside of its debut episode, I don't recall its rarity even being noted by any characters. :x

If anyone should catch old Pokemon that promote nothing new, it should be Clemont/Serena imo.

MegaSalamence05

I like the Dunsparce gag. It provides a pokemon who barely gets any use of players in the games. Revitalizes it's appeal and provide humor for the audience. Good on you Writers !!!

But anything can happen so yea guys, just because it's a pokemon with not a lot of pulling factors for it doesn't mean it can't be a funny pokemon. With the right character they can make any pokemon enjoyable.

Lorde

I like the Dunsparce gag. It provides a pokemon who barely gets any use of players in the games. Revitalizes it's appeal and provide humor for the audience. Good on you Writers !!!

But anything can happen so yea guys, just because it's a pokemon with not a lot of pulling factors for it doesn't mean it can't be a funny pokemon. With the right character they can make any pokemon enjoyable.

Why do we need another "funny" Pokemon in the cast when we already have Goomy and Chespin though?

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
They suddenly use Dunsparce as a gag and now people want him to actually catch one lol.

I'll take an actual Kalos mon over this thanks. Cool new gag though!

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
Two times Ash has failed to catch Dunsparce, this annoys me greatly. If they not gonna give him it, they need stop teasing us, seriously. This is the kind of thing that makes me distrust the writers and Game Freak.

Lorde

Shishiko would be so much better for Ash than Nokocchi anyway imo; at least it's not a pure Normal-type and it actually has mass appeal if the numerous Shishiko toys are anything to go by imo.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Two times Ash has failed to catch Dunsparce, this annoys me greatly. If they not gonna give him it, they need stop teasing us, seriously. This is the kind of thing that makes me distrust the writers and Game Freak.

Nobody cares or wants Ash to get a Dunsparce.

Its not like they're teasing Ash from getting a rare or powerful pokemon or something.

Lorde

Its not like they're teasing Ash from getting a rare or powerful pokemon or something.

Except it is rare and that's its shtick. Still, I also don't see why Ash would catch one now.

Last edited:

kickachu

Momentai!
also who said that Dunsparce might not appear in the upcoming merchandise, trailers, or posters for the movie I mean the reason he failed to catch dunsparce is probably because they might be hiding spoilers for the movie.

Lorde

also who said that Dunsparce might not appear in the upcoming merchandise, trailers, or posters for the movie I mean the reason he failed to catch dunsparce is probably because they might be hiding spoilers for the movie.

That same reasoning was used when he tried to catch a Dunsparce in BW, and look how that worked out. :/

esquilo09

I doubt Dunsparce will appear in the upcoming movie.

Tourist Juan

Todays episode inspired a thought.
What if Ash and Clemont end up trading pokemon. Ash ending up with Chespin. Ash has traded pokemon before so whats stopping him from doing so now?

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
Todays episode inspired a thought.
What if Ash and Clemont end up trading pokemon. Ash ending up with Chespin. Ash has traded pokemon before so whats stopping him from doing so now?
Ash has traded 2 Pokemon, the first of which was he regretted and got Butterfree back and the only long standing trade being Buizel for Aipom sue to the fact that Buizel was more suited towards Ash's love for battling and Aipom towards Dawn's love of Contests. Chespin has shown no such desire for battling so I fail to see any possivle route for that scenario at all nor would I want to see that scenario as it'd just undermine the brief bonding episodes we had with Clemont and Chespin.

Status
Not open for further replies.