• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters XY Pokémon Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidD001

Ash is never getting Clemont's Chespin.

Chespin has no desire to go with Ash.
Its best left with Clemont.
Each of the Kalos Starters are with their correct trainers as each trainer's personality or something matches each trainer in some way; Fennekin's love of being good looking and style matches for performances; Frogadier loves battling; Chespin loves being a goofball. Serena is the performer; Ash is the battler; Clemont is the goofball cause of his explosions.

I wish the thoughts of 'Chespin should go to Ash' would stop. Ash is meant to get a different Grass-type.

Tourist Juan

Idk...the possibility doesnt seem that far off to me. Sure he regretted trading Butterfree but the point still stands that he has traded pokemon before.
Chespin may not have shone much desire to battle but has he really shown any interest in what Clemont has done and just because they had a bonding moment doesnt mean that thing will work out between them.
Dont want to sound negative, its just the truth. =(

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Ash isn't going to get a Dunspace, c'mon now.

Was this post the reason for the time-out?

I never lost hope for Dunsparce. If it's a running gag without any capture, I'll be disappointed.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
The good thing about Piplup 3.0 is that he is not in Ash's team

Not yet anyway. The only good thing about Clemont's Chespin is that unlike Ash's Kalos Pokemon, he's got a dynamic personality. Too bad he'll never evolve imo.

Lorde

I was talking about the next movie coming up.

I know. I was simply pointing out that the "maybe Dunsparce is in the next movie" argument that's being used to support Ash catching one was used two years ago in a similar scenario and it didn't pan out. I don't see why it would be different in XY is all. I worry that Dunsparce is the new Lucario.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
You are either blind, or so utterly clueless when it comes to personality. Every one of Ash's Pokemon has a clear and dynamic personality.

the sad thing is most people don't care.

I guarantee you that people only care about Frogadier and Goomy, but his birds to them are just dead weight.

Kinda makes you wonder why he should get another kalos pokemon if people only care about those two, a mega might open some eye sockets.

esquilo09

I know. I was simply pointing out that the "maybe Dunsparce is in the next movie" argument that's being used to support Ash catching one was used two years ago in a similar scenario and it didn't pan out. I don't see why it would be different in XY is all. I worry that Dunsparce is the new Lucario.

Dunsparce won't appear in the upcoming movie, it was nowhere to be seen in the Pika Short poster(Neither is Goomy but that doesn't count since it is already under Ash's care)

kickachu

Momentai!
Dunsparce won't appear in the upcoming movie, it was nowhere to be seen in the Pika Short poster(Neither is Goomy but that doesn't count since it is already under Ash's care)

I know that but we all know that they hide future captures and evolution for example in last year's movie we thought Ash wasn't going to get hawlucha and it happened or in the 12t movie Arceus and the Jewel of Life we got the evolutions in Monferno and Staraptor so unless you can see the future I think we should give it more time and see what spoilers are in for us in this movie.

Lorde

I know that but we all know that they hide future captures and evolution for example in last year's movie we thought Ash wasn't going to get hawlucha

Except that we knew months in advance that Hawlucha would be caught due to a movie merchandise list, so that was spoiled ahead of time. Why would Ash catch his sixth Pokemon halfway through the saga anyway, so soon after he caught Goomy? And why should he catch one that offers nothing new.

KKS-Lapras

And why should he catch one that offers nothing new.

Your love of Litleo comes to mind for some reason. Spammed Flamethrowers, and typical Normal type moves. Don't get me wrong, I don't want Dunsparce for the exact reason you gave, but you really should take your own reasoning to heart.

Last edited:

kickachu

Momentai!
Except that we knew months in advance that Hawlucha would be caught due to a movie merchandise list, so that was spoiled ahead of time. Why would Ash catch his sixth Pokemon halfway through the saga anyway, so soon after he caught Goomy? And why should he catch one that offers nothing new.

I mean most of us thought that Hawlucha was just a wild pokemon next to Fletchnider and Maybe X and Y can mix things up and give Ash his sixth pokemon sooner than later and if it is dunsparce we might get a mega evolution in the next game and Ash could be the first to use it.

sontoriginyu

a dunsparce capture seems a bit of a stretch, i dont remember the last time if at all, when Ash caught two non-evolving pokemon in the same generation. now if he taps this one at the end of the league, and maybe takes it into a gen seven region where it evolves....well i guess thats why they call it a theory. imho i wished this gen didnt go so mega happy, most of the pokemon they gave them to needed evolution and not megas, dunsparce is also one of those pokemon that just needs to evolve.

KKS-Lapras

a dunsparce capture seems a bit of a stretch, i dont remember the last time if at all, when Ash caught two non-evolving pokemon in the same generation. now if he taps this one at the end of the league, and maybe takes it into a gen seven region where it evolves....well i guess thats why they call it a theory. imho i wished this gen didnt go so mega happy, most of the pokemon they gave them to needed evolution and not megas, dunsparce is also one of those pokemon that just needs to evolve.

It could very well be the Aipom of Kalos for Ash, lol. I don't know, it's an odd line for Ash, to me. I could be proven way wrong though.

sontoriginyu

It could very well be the Aipom of Kalos for Ash, lol. I don't know, it's an odd line for Ash, to me. I could be proven way wrong though.

look at the uptake in normal sub types, if he is caught, and if he evolves, maybe we are looking at a norm/dragon, norm/bug, norm/fairy.

KKS-Lapras

look at the uptake in normal sub types, if he is caught, and if he evolves, maybe we are looking at a norm/dragon, norm/bug, norm/fairy.

There's a lot of things that could happen, but, alas, gen 7, is a future mystery at least 2 years away.

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
Right now the only option Ash has for his final Pokemon is Chespin...nothing else.

Oh god no...
Oshawott 2.0 should stay away from the Ash rooster at all costs.

phanpycross

God-king
My main four for Ash's sixth spot is prolly Swirlix, phantump, bergmite and Clauncher, althrough skiddo, tyrunt, and klefki would be cool too.

esquilo09

My main four for Ash's sixth spot is prolly Swirlix, phantump, bergmite and Clauncher, althrough skiddo, tyrunt, and klefki would be cool too.

You may forget Tyrunt, he already has a Dragon type and besides he never catches fossil Pokémons.

Status
Not open for further replies.