• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters XY Pokémon Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
quilladin
bunnelby
luxray
tyrunt

Will he leave Dedenne behind? And while I respect your opinions, I find it hard to believe that Piplup and Oshawott's protégé would evolve, much less that Clemont would catch a Fossil Pokemon. :x

GalladeRocks

Son of a Beach
Seeing as he's not even implied to use one Mega thus far, I find it really hard to believe that he'd use two. I think him using any Mega would be a miracle at this rate in my opinion.

I don't really see why people would think Ash wouldn't use a Mega. I mean sure, we don't really have any direct evidence toward him using one, but there's been nothing to say he won't. For one thing, we're just now sitting at about the halfway point of the region, so there really haven't been any huge battles where Ash would want to use a Mega. Secondly, we've really only been just introduced to Mega Evolution anyway following the Korrina arc, not counting the brief appearances with Blaziken Mask and Diantha. Any real development with Mega Evolution in the plot is likely still to come. And lastly, the Mega Evolution specials are confirmed to be occurring in real-time with the rest of the anime, and they are developing Alain as a anti-hero working for Lysandre who is (unintentionally) opposing Sycamore and his Mega Evolution studies. Therefore, it makes a lot of sense for Sycamore to turn to Ash in his time of need, using him as a Mega Evolution hero against Alain and Lysandre. Hence my prediction for an eventual Mega Charizard Y vs. Mega Charizard X. Of course, that entire last part is purely speculation on my part, but it makes a ton of sense to me at least.

Plus, wouldn't it just be really weird for such a huge new mechanic to be introduced to the series, but not given to Ash?

Will he leave Dedenne behind? And while I respect your opinions, I find it hard to believe that Piplup and Oshawott's protégé would evolve, much less that Clemont would catch a Fossil Pokemon. :x

I didn't count Dedenne as its more Bonnies.

look at quilladin compared to prinplup and dewott. quilladin looks like it could be just as marketable as chespin.

and who better then clemont to get a fossil. he could build a invention and restore it

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I didn't count Dedenne as its more Bonnies.

look at quilladin compared to prinplup and dewott. quilladin looks like it could be just as marketable as chespin.

and who better then clemont to get a fossil. he could build a invention and restore it

Dedenne is Clemont's until Bonnie's a trainer iirc. And Quilladin ain't that cute imo, and I don't think its marketability is on par with Chespin's. Clemont knowing how to reverse engineer a fossil back to life doesn't make much sense either imo, even in this anime. :x

MattySadler

Plus, wouldn't it just be really weird for such a huge new mechanic to be introduced to the series, but not given to Ash?

Yeah this is my thoughts on it as well. Would just be strange. I'm still fully expecting Charizard to get a mega evo

Sidagam

I don't really see why people would think Ash wouldn't use a Mega. I mean sure, we don't really have any direct evidence toward him using one, but there's been nothing to say he won't. For one thing, we're just now sitting at about the halfway point of the region, so there really haven't been any huge battles where Ash would want to use a Mega. Secondly, we've really only been just introduced to Mega Evolution anyway following the Korrina arc, not counting the brief appearances with Blaziken Mask and Diantha. Any real development with Mega Evolution in the plot is likely still to come. And lastly, the Mega Evolution specials are confirmed to be occurring in real-time with the rest of the anime, and they are developing Alain as a anti-hero working for Lysandre who is (unintentionally) opposing Sycamore and his Mega Evolution studies. Therefore, it makes a lot of sense for Sycamore to turn to Ash in his time of need, using him as a Mega Evolution hero against Alain and Lysandre. Hence my prediction for an eventual Mega Charizard Y vs. Mega Charizard X. Of course, that entire last part is purely speculation on my part, but it makes a ton of sense to me at least.

Also Ash isn't actually aware that he currently has 4 Pokemon capable of Mega Evolution. So he hasn't really had a reason to get super excited about it yet. Introduce him to a Mega Charizard and I guarantee he'll get pretty goddamn excited

mega snorlax

Due to ORAS, i think that it's more likely for ash to mega evolve Sceptile first rather than Charizard. Also there is absolutely no reason why Ash shouldn't mega evolve his Pokémon anyways. If we are going to see battles involving megas frequently, its gonna be in the Kalos League.

Due to ORAS, i think that it's more likely for ash to mega evolve Sceptile first rather than Charizard. Also there is absolutely no reason why Ash shouldn't mega evolve his Pokémon anyways. If we are going to see battles involving megas frequently, its gonna be in the Kalos League.

the problem with that theory is that by the time we get to the kalos league we will most likely have pokemon z/xy2. and since oras introduced new megas then the new games might do the same. which means sceptile might not be that likely. Ashs mega might be something like goodra or greninja

Tourist Juan

Here's an off the wall thought.
What if Game Freak decides to give Pikachu a Mega Evolution?
It would give Ash an option other than a thunder stone and i think pikachu would be ok with it since its only temporary.
Anyways this is just food for thought, just wanted to see what any of you think about this.

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
It would give Ash an option other than a thunder stone and i think pikachu would be ok with it since its only temporary.
Anyways this is just food for thought, just wanted to see what any of you think about this.

Oh god no... Please no...

This should stay a FE thing, no exceptions.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Pikachu is the mascot, the Pikachunite is inevitable and wish I were joking. ;__;

Not really. I don't think that even the writers would go that far; at least not anytime soon.

what would the writers have to do with mega pikachu existing?,

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Not really. I don't think that even the writers would go that far; at least not anytime soon.

That's got nothing to do with the writers, that's all GF's call on whether or not Pikachu will get his mega stone soon or not.

EDIT: Greninja'd

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan

Please stop murdering Raichu, they already made Pikachu more usable than Raichu, so leave it as it is...

esquilo09

That's impossible, most Pokémons who can mega evolve are the ones who don't have evolutions or final forms and if they want a member of the Pikachu line to evolve, this member is Raichu.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
That's impossible, most Pokémons who can mega evolve are the ones who don't have evolutions or final forms and if they want a member of the Pikachu line to evolve, this member is Raichu.

Agreed. It'd make much more sense if they mega evolved Raichu over Pikachu anyways if they wanted to do another Pikachu vs Raichu plot since Pikachu would need to be the underdog yet again.

besides even if mega pikachu became a thing ash wouldn't get one.

otherwise the writers would have to repeatedly come up with reasons for ash not to use the mega form, or risk its impact being lessened through numerous defeats.

at least with other mega pokemon they can just send it away. to oaks lab at the end of the region and maybe sycamores lab if he gets one before the league

Inferno792

Food Wars
what would the writers have to do with mega pikachu existing?,

That's got nothing to do with the writers, that's all GF's call on whether or not Pikachu will get his mega stone soon or not.

EDIT: Greninja'd

The writers or whoever has the last say in introducing new Pokemon/Mega evolution won't go so far as to give a Mega evolution to Pikachu. That would be plain stupidity. If they did that, they would have to introduce Mega evolution for lots of other unevolved Pokemon as well.

esquilo09

The writers or whoever has the last say in introducing new Pokemon/Mega evolution won't go so far as to give a Mega evolution to Pikachu. That would be plain stupidity. If they did that, they would have to introduce Mega evolution for lots of other unevolved Pokemon as well.

Agreed. Only final forms(Like Raichu) or Pokémons who don't have an evolution(Like Plusle and Minun) can Mega evolve, mega evolving a second form(Like Pikachu) or a basic form(Like Pichu) would make completely no sense.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.