• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters XY Pokémon Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Team prediction:
Ash
Pikachu
Greninja
Talonflame
Hawlucha
Noibat/Noivern
Skiddo

Serena
Braixen/Delphox
Pancham
Sylveon
Espurr/Meowstic(Female) or Feebas/Milotic.

Note: I didn't add Clemont, because I think there won't be any future captures for him.

Aka:

Ash:
Alexa, Sanpei, Nami and the thing that does not get any development.

Serena:
Elle, a better Scraggy, Penelope, Wallace

Hooray for original teams!

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Team prediction:
Ash
Pikachu
Greninja
Talonflame
Hawlucha
Noibat/Noivern
Skiddo

Serena
Braixen/Delphox
Pancham
Sylveon

Other than Feebas, it seems appealing imo. I'm not sure if Serena's Braixen will evolve, but the writers might surprise me.

World Turtle

I think either one of them is a given, Ash hasn't skipped the Flying-type actually, he's been doing the opposite of skipping, the Water-type and the Fire-type, why he suddenly would skip the Grass-type?

I'm truly puzzled by this its like because Fletchinder's Primary type is Fire instead of Normal they need something else for the Flying spot instead of say letting Fletch play double duty. So they pick the first ever Primary Flying Type Noibat for the job. I'm honestly curious what they'll do if the next bird is Grass/Flying or Water/Flying.

If Ash really does get Noibat, the fact that they're pretty much going out of their way to give Ash individual Fire and Flying Types leads me to believe that he will be getting a Grass Type (my money is on Phantump right now).

Last edited:

GalladeRocks

Son of a Beach
Other than Feebas, it seems appealing imo. I'm not sure if Serena's Braixen will evolve, but the writers might surprise me.

I'll honestly be surprised if Braixen doesn't end up evolving near the end. Fennekin evolved a good deal sooner than May's Torchic did, so I think they're saving time for it to fully evolve.

Well I only see Ash catching 1 more pokemon(Noibat)which will make it 5 sine Goodra's spot is reserved imo

That could be the case, but it seems highly doubtful that Goodra will return sooner than the League, and only having five Pokemon on Ash's team until then seems pretty weird. I don't think Goodra has a place left for it on the main team, I figure it'll return at the League and then just go back to its swamp. After all, the whole reason Ash left it there was to be with its friends, so having it return permanently would make its initial release entirely pointless, unlike with cases like Gliscor or Charizard, who were training.

I'm truly puzzled by this its like because Fletchinder's Primary type is Fire instead of Normal they need something else for the Flying spot instead of say letting Fletch play double duty. So they pick the first ever Primary Flying Type Noibat for the job. I'm honestly curious what they'll do if the next bird is Grass/Flying or Water/Flying.

If Ash really does get Noibat, the fact that they're pretty much going out of their way to give Ash individual Fire and Flying Types leads me to believe that he will be getting a Grass Type (my money is on Phantump right now).

I don't really think that's the reason for Noibat, Fletchinder is fully functioning as both a Fire and Flying-type. If Noibat is meant as any role besides just being a wild-card capture, then I'd guess that it's sort of a replacement for Goodra, but even that kind of logic seems rather flimsy to me. I just think Noibat is something the writers wanted Ash to catch and with Goodra out of the way, it wasn't overlapping both types with other team members, so they went with it. I don't think it's lined up for Fletchinder to just be the Fire-type and Noibat to just be the Flying-type.

And while I do think Phantump is easily one of the front-runners for Ash's final team member, I still don't think it's at all necessary for Ash to have a Grass-type on his team. I can understand the others more: Flying-types for aerial battles and searches, Water-types for aquatic battles and occasional swimming, and Fire-types because they're generally powerful, flashy battlers (that's obviously a far lesser reason than for Flying and Water-types, but I honestly think it probably figures into the decision-making process). And if you're looking at it from a type-advantage angle, then it's still not something necessary. Grass is super-effective against three types: Water, Rock, and Ground. All three of those types are already covered by Pikachu and the regional Water-type, so offensively-speaking, Grass isn't guaranteed to give Ash any wider coverage in moves. Part of me wonders if the Grass-type hasn't been something considered "necessary" for Ash this whole time, and he was just getting them every region because they were the starters (plus Leavanny).

Last edited:

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Yes, because sharing Pokemon with CotDs or minor characters is new and horrible -_-

If it was just Ash and Sanpei sharing Greninja, it would've been fine. It's Ash mimicking Alexa's team to a fault that's really bothering me. And I doubt we can call Alexa and Elle minor characters. Alexa's continously appearing during XY and Elle is central to Serena's development as a performer.

ShadowForce720

If it was just Ash and Sanpei sharing Greninja, it would've been fine. It's Ash mimicking Alexa's team to a fault that's really bothering me. And I doubt we can call Alexa and Elle minor characters. Alexa's continously appearing during XY and Elle is central to Serena's development as a performer.

So what Ash has shared pokemon with other charcters before. So I don't see what's the big deal is now. Plus Alexa has only been in 5 or 6 episodes out of 70 while Sanpei has only been in 2 so I don't see any problem with Ash sharing pokemon with them especially since we don't even see them that often.

Last edited:

DavidD001

Team prediction:
Ash
Pikachu
Greninja
Talonflame
Hawlucha
Noibat/Noivern
Skiddo

Serena
Braixen/Delphox
Pancham
Sylveon

Note: I didn't add Clemont, because I think there won't be any future captures for him.
I like this line up but also gotta keep in mind the chance that Goodra could possibly come back to Ash and the Blue Florges could become the Swamp Protector.

Lorde

Tbh I don't see Ash's team mimicking Alexa's much, and even if he evolves Noibat and gets a Gogoat, it'd be no different than Ash and Paul both owning a Torterra and Gliscor.

GalladeRocks

Son of a Beach

Even if Ash would wind up getting Skiddo, it's pretty doubtful that both it and Noibat would evolve, so it's not like it'd be a carbon copy of Alexa. Not to mention the fact that Alexa's Gogoat hasn't even made an appearance in Kalos. But still, the simple fact that I don't think Ash will get Skiddo and that I think it's a coin flip whether or not Noibat will evolve rests that case. I'll give you Elle, but since she's meant to be kind of a paragon for Serena to live up to, giving her a Delphox makes logical sense.

Tbh I don't see Ash's team mimicking Alexa's much, and even if he evolves Noibat and gets a Gogoat, it'd be no different than Ash and Paul both owning Torterra and Gliscor.

I didn't even think of that. If Ash can share two Pokemon with the biggest rival he's ever had, then he'd be fine sharing two with someone so relatively minor as Alexa. But as I said, I doubt it requires much debate. I'll be somewhat surprised if Noibat evolves, I'll be really surprised if Ash catches Skiddo, and I'll be uber-surprised if both happen.

I like this line up but also gotta keep in mind the chance that Goodra could possibly come back to Ash and the Blue Florges could become the Swamp Protector.

Except Goodra isn't the "Swamp Protector". This wasn't a Pidgeot situation. Ash left behind Goodra so it could be with its friends from the swamp. So basically, while I'm sure Goodra can at least return for brief stints like the League, I doubt it will ever return permanently.

Last edited:

ShadowForce720

Even if Ash would wind up getting Skiddo, it's pretty doubtful that both it and Noibat would evolve, so it's not like it'd be a carbon copy of Alexa. Not to mention the fact that Alexa's Gogoat hasn't even made an appearance in Kalos. But still, the simple fact that I don't think Ash will get Skiddo and that I think it's a coin flip whether or not Noibat will evolve rests that case. I'll give you Elle, but since she's meant to be kind of a paragon for Serena to live up to, giving her a Delphox makes logical sense.

I didn't even think of that. If Ash can share two Pokemon with the biggest rival he's ever had, then he'd be fine sharing two with someone so relatively minor as Alexa. But as I said, I doubt it requires much debate. I'll be somewhat surprised if Noibat evolves, I'll be really surprised if Ash catches Skiddo, and I'll be uber-surprised if both happen.

Except Goodra isn't the "Swamp Protector". This wasn't a Pidgeot situation. Ash left behind Goodra so it could be with its friends from the swamp. So basically, while I'm sure Goodra can at least return for brief stints like the League, I doubt it will ever return permanently.

Also it hasn't been confirmed that Ash will get Noibat as far as we know it could go to someone else in the main cast. Which I'm hoping that we will get an updated opening this Thursday and that it will reveal who Noibat is going to. Also even if say Ash does get a Noibat and it does evolve so what.

Lorde

Even if Goodra does come back, I don't think Ash needs to reserve a spot just for him. Idk why he couldn't just dump a Pokemon at Oak's place for it if Goodra even needs to return.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
When/If Goodra comes back, it certainly won't fill a sixth slot. They wouldn't make Ash wait for the league to fill it. Especially when they can shove a cute marketable Pokemon there. (Phantump)

Ultimate Puppyshipper

#1 Puppyshipper
I don't see why no one thinks he get a litleo especially after having Charizard with Pignite in the last season which I think was testing the waters for Kalos. So Ash could have two fire types.

MattySadler

So is the point of this whole "Primeape-ish accelerated Goodra storyline" so that Ash can still produce a Kalos team of six (Pikachu, Greninja, Talonflame, Hawlucha, Goodra + one more), yet still have a spot open for a returning Pokemon like... I don't know... Charizard perhaps? So it can Mega Evolve, and still have a space on his team open for it?

MattySadler

I don't think phantump is marketable.

I think it could be so long as it doesn't evolve, its very cute. Trevenant is disgusting though, terrifying.

GalladeRocks

Son of a Beach
I don't see why no one thinks he get a litleo especially after having Charizard with Pignite in the last season which I think was testing the waters for Kalos. So Ash could have two fire types.

That was kind of different, though. That was a post-League arc, Ash wasn't fighting Gyms or anything, so having overlapping types didn't really make much of a difference. I'm not saying Ash won't or can't get Litleo, but it seems pretty unlikely, especially when there are Pokemon of different types like Phantump and Honedge ripe for the picking.

And before anyone points out the whole "three Flying-types" thing, that's different, they all at least have unique primary types (or secondary in Noibat's case).

Status
Not open for further replies.