• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters XY Pokémon Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnser

I want Greninja to learn Night Slash and to forget Cut + Aerial Ace seeing how similar their animations are:

Cut - white needle
Aerial Ace - arm blades (vs Ramos)

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
I want Greninja to learn Night Slash and to forget Cut + Aerial Ace seeing how similar their animations are:

Cut - white needle

But then what replaces Aerial Ace?

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes

dp045

Well if Frogadier evolves to Greninja I think Retain Aerial Ace and Double Team, while would learn Water Shuriken and movement "would replace" a Cut (because as occupying Aerial Ace is similarly) could be Dark Pulse and would give it a moving according to its elemental type.
If I not suppose serious Aerial Ace and replaced with Night Slash Cut forgotten to learn a powerful movement of water as Hydro Pump type or maybe even Hydro Cannon.

GalladeRocks

Son of a Beach
Well if Frogadier evolves to Greninja I think Retain Aerial Ace and Double Team, while would learn Water Shuriken and movement "would replace" a Cut (because as occupying Aerial Ace is similarly) could be Dark Pulse and would give it a moving according to its elemental type.
If I not suppose serious Aerial Ace and replaced with Night Slash Cut forgotten to learn a powerful movement of water as Hydro Pump type or maybe even Hydro Cannon.

I could see several moves with Greninja. I definitely think Double Team will stick around and Water Shuriken is probably a given as an upgrade to Water Pulse. I think Night Slash will likely replace Cut, with Aerial Ace maybe sticking around. I could potentially see it being replaced by Acrobatics, though. Or maybe they could give it Hydro Pump, but I kind of doubt it would have that and Water Shuriken. So my present guess is Double Team, Aerial Ace, Water Shuriken, and Night Slash.

TheHumanPokedex

At this point i think the only reason Aerial Ace seemed like a cutting type move was for the Ramos gym battle. In the new preview for the upcoming episode it went back to being a punch and kick like when Frogadier first used it. Thus Aerial Ace will probably stay along with Double Team while Water Pulse is forgotten for Water Shuriken and Cut replaced with Night Slash.

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
Since it seems like Jessie's Pumpkaboo will evolve soon, then I assume it will evolve in either XY079 or XY081. I don't really see it evolving in the episode where Serena has her next Pokemon Showcase, but it is possible.

GalladeRocks

Son of a Beach
Cut is so boring so I'm hoping for Night slash too cuz it's basically a better version of Cut with STAB.

I'm guessing that's why they gave it Cut in the first place, to upgrade it to Night Slash as a Greninja. It seems like a rather odd choice otherwise. It's not very ninja-y, but it is at least cool. Still definitely hoping and expecting it to be replaced with Night Slash, though.

dp045

Speaking from the set of motion that should have Frogadier, what will happen to the Braixen Serena? say only displayed Flamethrower and Hidden Power and they would need to learn at least another move, perhaps to show that he has learned Showcase Pokemon Psicobeam, say if Hawlucha gave X-sicsor right in their battle against Spritzee no signs of having learned before (it's almost like a DEM) Braixen could demonstrate some new movement in its execution with Serena, right?
PS: will that Chespin and Dedenne also obtain a new movement?

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Since it seems like Jessie's Pumpkaboo will evolve soon, then I assume it will evolve in either XY079 or XY081. I don't really see it evolving in the episode where Serena has her next Pokemon Showcase, but it is possible.

I think it could evolve in the showcase if it doesn't happen in the Poke Ball factory episode.

I'm guessing that's why they gave it Cut in the first place, to upgrade it to Night Slash as a Greninja. It seems like a rather odd choice otherwise. It's not very ninja-y, but it is at least cool. Still definitely hoping and expecting it to be replaced with Night Slash, though.

Yup I think it's a inevitable attack for him. ^^

Captain America X

Cut - white needle

Aerial Ace actually has two animations.The one that we have seen the most so far is where he punches and kicks the anime with glowing light blue hands and legs.

Cut is more samurai like.Same like Aerial Ace.Night Slash would also be a samurai like move since in Japanese it's called Tsujigiri is the way samurai would test their sword by hiding by a road and cut down unsuspecting commoners.

That definitely seems like an upgrade to Cut.

Last edited:

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Nah man Mega Lucario is too predictable, it's all about that mega Heracross hype.

Status
Not open for further replies.