• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters XY Pokémon Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
O I know I just don't think there's anything wrong with the idea of him getting one it's a decent pokemon that happens to be popular.

Well of course there's nothing wrong with it, but DPP was like 8-9 years ago.
The likelihood of it ever being a thing for the most part is gone.

Last edited:

Geodude

They're about to hit the regional "Ice-type area" now, so how about Bergmite as a candidate? It could be the new Snorunt. Also we haven't seen Binacle yet. It'd be cool for Ash to get another Rock-type.

I think in general, due to the relatively small number of new Pokemon, the chances of Ash either catching an older Pokemon that can Mega Evolve or obtaining a Key Stone and Mega Stone for one he already has are reasonable.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Earlier in the region, I honestly was kind of expecting Ash's 6th to be Mega Lucario, but since the Korrina arc came and went and gave a lot of focus to her own Mega Lucario

I never understood why it was expected honestly: Even if we get one from her in the games, not everything from the games makes it into the anime. I'm glad she only had one though. Best decision in XY imo.

GalladeRocks

Son of a Beach
I never understood why it was expected honestly: Even if we get one from her in the games, not everything from the games makes it into the anime. I'm glad she only had one though. Best decision in XY imo.

It wasn't just the games that made me expect it. Lucario is a very popular and marketable Pokemon that has had a lot of association with Ash. Plus it's basically the mascot of Mega Evolution in XY, so I thought there was a decent chance of Ash getting it and having it be his premier Mega Evolving Pokemon. It just made a lot of sense to me. But after Hawlucha was caught, I didn't really expect it to happen, and I'm glad with how things have played out (mostly because I freaking love Hawlucha). Besides, I'd rather have Mega Charizard Y than Mega Lucario for Ash anyway.

Grey Wind

Anyways, I'm really starting to wonder what Ash's sixth will be. After Honedge's debut in the Performance episode, I feel like it's a bit less likely now (though the fact that Doublade and Aegislash still have yet to debut makes me a tad suspicious). So overall, I'm still leaning toward Phantump as the most likely, mostly because I really don't know what else Ash could reasonably catch at this point, beyond maybe Honedge or Bergmite. Maaaybe Carbink? I'd love for that to happen, but I don't think it's too likely.
Yeah, I agree that Phantump is by far the most likely. I feel like they wouldn't give Ash two standalone Pokemon for some reason, so even though I'd love Ash with Carbink (it'd work well as something that's defensive but easy to make mobile) I don't think it's likely. I'd be happy with Honedge too, but like you said, it already debuting in the background makes me think it won't be on the main cast.

I think in general, due to the relatively small number of new Pokemon, the chances of Ash either catching an older Pokemon that can Mega Evolve or obtaining a Key Stone and Mega Stone for one he already has are reasonable.
I don't see his last capture being something that can be mega evolved. They've stressed the bond needed for it a lot, so it'd be weird to give that much focus to something that's a) been captured very late in the region and b) an old Pokemon that's not particularly marketable. If he mega evolves something that's not Charizard, I think it'll be Greninja.

Respawnzer

Toaru NT 13 hype
Ash's team prediction:

Pikachu (Iron Tail, Quick Attack, Thunderbolt, Electro Ball)
Flecthinder-->Talonflame (Peck-->Brave Bird, Razor Wind, Steel Wing, Flame Charge)
Frogadier-->Greninja (Water Pulse-->Water Shuriken, Double Team, Cut-->Night Slash, Aerial Ace)
Hawlucha (Flying Press, Karate Chop-->Dual Chop, High Jump Kick, X-Scissor)
Noibat (Supersonic-->Hyper Voice, Air Cutter-->Air Slash, Dragon Pulse, Agility/Tailwind)
Phantump (Tackle-->Horn Leech, Toxic, Shadow Claw/Phantom Force, Secret Power)

Tell me what you guys think.

Majestic Snivy

Ash's team prediction:

Flecthinder-->Talonflame (Peck-->Brave Bird, Razor Wind, Steel Wing, Flame Charge)
Frogadier-->Greninja (Water Pulse-->Water Shuriken, Double Team, Cut-->Night Slash, Aerial Ace)
Noibat (Supersonic-->Hyper Voice, Air Cutter-->Air Slash, Dragon Pulse, Agility/Tailwind)

Those moves look solid.
I'm still not convinced Phantump will be his sixth capture though. I still think they're going to pull a surprise capture of sorts with something unexpected. Or possibly bring someone back from Oak's.

Lorde

Lucario is a very popular and marketable Pokemon that has had a lot of association with Ash.

While I agree, he should've simply caught one in DP when it was more relevant, hence why I'm surprised that he was expected to get one in XY. :x

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
Ash's team prediction:

Not bad at all. I still think Noibat will evolve to Noivern and instead of Supersonic->Hyper Voice, I'd have Supersonic->Boomburst.

Xeogran

Marshadow Fan
They're about to hit the regional "Ice-type area" now, so how about Bergmite as a candidate? It could be the new Snorunt.

I was just thinking about this! :O
Yup, I'd like if he caught Bergmite since I'm a fan of Ices and it's very possible for it to happen.

Respawnzer

Toaru NT 13 hype
Not bad at all. I still think Noibat will evolve to Noivern and instead of Supersonic->Hyper Voice, I'd have Supersonic->Boomburst.

Yeah Boomburst would be the better option; I completely forgot about it. But that move only applies if Noibat evolves. So it could actually go Supersonic-->Hyper Voice-->Boomburst.

Last edited:

Danhads10

Honedge is a reasonable candidate. It's Steel/Ghost and IMO Ash's team highly needs a combatant against Fairy Types. Since Fairy is strong against Dark (Greninja if it happens), Fight (Hawlucha), & Dragon (Noibat), which if Frogadier's does evolve, this does support that Honedge fits in the category of "Pretty good chance to join" at least for myself.

But then again Pikachu has Iron Tail ;)

I don't see why Ash needs a fairy counter since 1) 2 of his pokemon know at least 1 steel type move and 2) Flechinder has a resistance towards the typing. Also, a lot of the fairy types are matched with types that Ash can easily combat with his current team. I don't get how Frogadier's possible evolution increases Honedge's chances of being capture whatsoever.

Lorde

Yup, I'd like if he caught Bergmite since I'm a fan of Ices and it's very possible for it to happen.

I simply don't see its appeal, though it's still much better than something like Binacle, which doesn't look like it'd suit him since it seems immobile.

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
Well my updated prediction:

Pikachu (Thunderbolt, Iron Tail, Quick Attack, Electro Ball (maybe replaced for a new gen.7 attack?))
Greninja (Water Pulse -> Water Shuriken, Cut -> Night Slash, Double Team -> Acrobatics, Hydro Pump)
Talonflame (Peck -> Brave Bird, Flame Charge, Steel Wing, Razor Wind -> Heat Wave)
Hawlucha (Flying Press, High Jump Kick, X-Scissor, Karate Chop -> Fire Punch/Poison Jab)
Noivern (Supersonic -> Boomburst, Hurricane, Dragon Pulse, Air Slash)
Honedge (Aerial Ace, Shadow Claw, Iron Head, Sacred Sword)

Maybe Goodra returning and Honedge evolving until Aegislash too.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
They're about to hit the regional "Ice-type area" now, so how about Bergmite as a candidate? It could be the new Snorunt. Also we haven't seen Binacle yet. It'd be cool for Ash to get another Rock-type..

I don't think he needs an ice-type and Binacle looks a little boring I think so I dunno. ^^

DotKU

Champion
Well my updated prediction:

Pikachu (Thunderbolt, Iron Tail, Quick Attack, Electro Ball (maybe replaced for a new gen.7 attack?))
Greninja (Water Pulse -> Water Shuriken, Cut -> Night Slash, Double Team -> Acrobatics, Hydro Pump)
Talonflame (Peck -> Brave Bird, Flame Charge, Steel Wing, Razor Wind -> Heat Wave)
Hawlucha (Flying Press, High Jump Kick, X-Scissor, Karate Chop -> Fire Punch/Poison Jab)
Noivern (Supersonic -> Boomburst, Hurricane, Dragon Pulse, Air Slash)
Honedge (Aerial Ace, Shadow Claw, Iron Head, Sacred Sword)

Maybe Goodra returning and Honedge evolving until Aegislash too.

I would be 100% content with this if it happened

Lorde

I don't think he needs an ice-type and Binacle looks a little boring I think so I dunno. ^^

Agreed about Binacle. Plus I'm still against him repeating types, so I wouldn't want him to catch another Water-type even if it was a choice between Clauncher.

piemaster924000

Finals make me cry
I can see ash catching 2 more pokemon and I know some of you people will think I'm silly. But I think Goodra can be called upon, but It will be at the swamo and will always be there until ash needs her help. And then I can see the 6th pokemon being captured possibly honedge, then he will catch a phantump/bergmite while sending away hawluch/fletchinder or noibat for some training on a specific move or something that one of ash's pokemon can help with

LizardonX

Banned
There's still one more chance for Ash to get a Lucario, and that's cross promotion with DP remakes. That won't be happening in Kalos though as he'll have moved on to region 7 and have hooked up with the new girl/gym leader sidekick by that time.

The inevitable serena cameo will be so awkward.

There is always the possibility of Ash and Clemont making a trade where Ash gets Chespin in return

Exactly.

Besides people said that Ash had no chance of getting a gible as dragons were too OP for him, his team was full, and they already had an episode where he tried to catch one and lost out, but then Gliscor got booted to make space, Ash caught one anyways, and we got some hilarious scenes as draco meteor turned from a penguin seeking missile to the uber dragon move it was always meant to be. Anything's possible.

Last edited:

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Agreed about Binacle. Plus I'm still against him repeating types, so I wouldn't want him to catch another Water-type even if it was a choice between Clauncher.

If someone catches Clancher it should be Clemont I think cuz Bonnie kind of bonded with one before so she could take care of one.

Status
Not open for further replies.