• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters XY Pokémon Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I just wonder if a 4th pokemon would be her final capture.

She could get a Gen 3 species for OR/AS promo last. She could catch a Ralts for all I care. :x

DotKU

Champion
I just want an upcoming episodes trailer or something. It's been a while and its getting a little stale speculating what little we know imo.

Blitz Lucario

I don't know if this has any relevancy in regards to speculation but last night I had a dream where Pancham used a physical attack on Inkay and after the usual overly dramatic explosion Pancham evolved into Pangoro. As per usual Pangoro used its new found power to blast of Team Rocket, after that Pangoro is sad and Serena tries to comfort it.

As I said it was just a dream so theirs no credible evidence that it'll come true unless you believe in premonitions.

Lorde

I just want an upcoming episodes trailer or something. It's been a while and its getting a little stale speculating what little we know imo.

Idk I mean I don't expect anyone to catch new Pokemon in the near future (not counting Eevee). At best I'd expect evolution spoilers for Ash's Pokemon, but that's not gonna be interesting since we kinda know what to expect.

dp045

Idk I mean I don't expect anyone to catch new Pokemon in the near future (not counting Eevee). At best I'd expect evolution spoilers for Ash's Pokemon, but that's not gonna be interesting since we kinda know what to expect.

Well who knows, it could be that suddenly quit preview with some interesting scenes as evolved forms of Fletchinder and Bunnelby. I say this because someone mentioned in other topics episodes XY85 and XY89 the Eevee Serena could be captured in the episode about Braixen and the XY89 be starring Eevee, perhaps when carrying out the third Pokémon Showcase Serena. This is finally remembering what happened to Goodra that evolved in the episode that dealt Sliggoo. It's just speculation but if so only update the Opening suffice for the fourth time (or a second version?) And the Ending, adding the changes and / or potential new screenshots? Just my opinion.

Last edited:

Inferno792

Food Wars
I don't know if this has any relevancy in regards to speculation but last night I had a dream where Pancham used a physical attack on Inkay and after the usual overly dramatic explosion Pancham evolved into Pangoro. As per usual Pangoro used its new found power to blast of Team Rocket, after that Pangoro is sad and Serena tries to comfort it.

As I said it was just a dream so theirs no credible evidence that it'll come true unless you believe in premonitions.

You dream about Pokemon XY? And Pancham evolved into Pangoro by fighting against Inkay? That may be possible in the anime, but are you sure that was the dream you had?

The 6th Pokemon for Ash is quite tough to predict. In fact, it might be impossible since there's a chance he could get almost any Pokemon.

NitroLightningFlash

Honestly I'd like to see her own Jolteon since I've always felt that she could use an Electric-type for Showcase performances, though she could simply catch a different Electric-type I guess since her chances of having Jolteon are slim like my waistline.

Jolteon is ok, but i just pictured Jolteon to be more with Clemont since he's an electric gym leader. I still see Leafeon for some reason-but if it did wind up being Jolteon i'd have no problem with it, and i'd bet it's electric attacks would create amazing effects in showcases (like i feel Vaporeon could with it's ice and water type attacks) :3

The reason i think Leafeon would fit Serena is in the opening Eevee is shown to have a flower by it's ear (related to grass and both Serena and Braixen were wearing flowers in their recent showcase), and also...for some reason the clothes it's wearing seem to be similar to Hawlucha's colour scheme...the pinkish red part-kind of looks like the same shape of Hawluchas' wings...Hawlucha was in a forest and flowers are to do with grass. It also has something on it's tail which sort of almost looks like it has a flower over it's tail (the petal like parts seem to 'open up' like a flower showing it's tail). Not to mention the Moss Rock is near the 8th gym ^^

I know Zoey had a Leafeon in gen 4, but i think it was only seen twice (one in a training episode where she helped Dawn and in the Grand Festival-may be wrong though) and that Leafeon was so good, i could only imagine what Serena could pull off with it if she had one-also Leafeon would back Braixen up against water and ground types (not rock since she has Pancham)....oh wait yeah Serena hardly battles anyway so i guess that wouldn't matter-nevermind haha x3

As long as it's not Sylveon, Glaceon (for obvious reasons), Umbreon (Umbreon is fine but i don't think Pancham will evolve and it's been done a few times already) or Espeon i'm fine with whatever Eevee evolves into-or...what if Eevee didn't evolve at all? That'd be crazy x3

But truthfully...it's all wishful thinking since it's pretty obvious the highest chance is for it to be a Sylveon :/ (unless they introduce a 7th gen Eevee before Eevee evolves-not likely though sadly...i wish there was a 2nd Eeveelution introduced in gen 6 right now...and to think Sylveon used to be my favorite Eeveelution/Pokemon (tied with Aegislash) untill it was everywhere-even in battles these days, can't get away from it. I know Aegislash is too, but...for some reason it's never boring to battle it- plus it hasn't even been in the anime yet bar the Diancie movie xD)

I have higher hopes of Ash capturing a member of the Aegislash line too now since Honedge has debuted now (although in a showcase was the last place i thought it would of debuted in haha, still has though at least), so now i'm more optimistic about the Honedge line (in a post i made a few months back i stated i was worried about the Honedge line being too 'dark' with the whole 'possessed sword' thing and the writers using that as an excuse not to give Ash one, now i hope he gets it-seriously Greninja, Talonflame, Noibat/Noivern, Hawlucha AND Honedge/Doublade Aegislash?? He would have one of the best teams he'd ever had for the league-and that's not even including Goodra-if it returns it'd be even better (though that would make Noibat/Noivern kind of redundant i guess) ^^

Last edited:

kickachu

Momentai!
Jolteon is ok, but i just pictured Jolteon to be more with Clemont since he's an electric gym leader. I still see Leafeon for some reason-but if it did wind up being Jolteon i'd have no problem with it, and i'd bet it's electric attacks would create amazing effects in showcases (like i feel Vaporeon could with it's ice and water type attacks) :3

The reason i think Leafeon would fit Serena is in the opening Eevee is shown to have a flower by it's ear (related to grass and both Serena and Braixen were wearing flowers in their recent showcase), and also...for some reason the clothes it's wearing seem to be similar to Hawlucha's colour scheme...the pinkish red part-kind of looks like the same shape of Hawluchas' wings...Hawlucha was in a forest and flowers are to do with grass. It also has something on it's tail which sort of almost looks like it has a flower over it's tail (the petal like parts seem to 'open up' like a flower showing it's tail). Not to mention the Moss Rock is near the 8th gym ^^

I know Zoey had a Leafeon in gen 4, but i think it was only seen twice (one in a training episode where she helped Dawn and in the Grand Festival-may be wrong though) and that Leafeon was so good, i could only imagine what Serena could pull off with it if she had one-also Leafeon would back Braixen up against water and ground types (not rock since she has Pancham)....oh wait yeah Serena hardly battles anyway so i guess that wouldn't matter-nevermind haha x3

As long as it's not Sylveon, Glaceon (for obvious reasons), Umbreon (Umbreon is fine but i don't think Pancham will evolve and it's been done a few times already) or Espeon i'm fine with whatever Eevee evolves into-or...what if Eevee didn't evolve at all? That'd be crazy x3

But truthfully...it's all wishful thinking since it's pretty obvious the highest chance is for it to be a Sylveon :/ (unless they introduce a 7th gen Eevee before Eevee evolves-not likely though sadly...i wish there was a 2nd Eeveelution introduced in gen 6 right now...and to think Sylveon used to be my favorite Eeveelution/Pokemon (tied with Aegislash) untill it was everywhere-even in battles these days, can't get away from it. I know Aegislash is too, but...for some reason it's never boring to battle it- plus it hasn't even been in the anime yet bar the Diancie movie xD)

I have higher hopes of Ash capturing a member of the Aegislash line too now since Honedge has debuted now (although in a showcase was the last place i thought it would of debuted in haha, still has though at least), so now i'm more optimistic about the Honedge line (in a post i made a few months back i stated i was worried about the Honedge line being too 'dark' with the whole 'possessed sword' thing and the writers using that as an excuse not to give Ash one, now i hope he gets it-seriously Greninja, Talonflame, Noibat/Noivern, Hawlucha AND Honedge/Doublade Aegislash?? He would have one of the best teams he'd ever had for the league-and that's not even including Goodra-if it returns it'd be even better (though that would make Noibat/Noivern kind of redundant i guess) ^^

Not to mention it might help noibat become stronger giving so tips

MiloticTwins

While he's on the outside of the Kanto region, will Ash have lost all his Pokémon that he had at Professor Oak's Laboratory because the other Team Rocket members and affiliates than Jessie, James and Meowth have stolen them all that they've used for profit and in plans for world domination?

Lorde

In fact, it might be impossible since there's a chance he could get almost any Pokemon.

He'll almost certainly catch a Kalos species imho, so his choices aren't that vast. I just don't think he's going to bring back an old Pokemon as his permanent sixth XY team member.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
While he's on the outside of the Kanto region, will Ash have lost all his Pokémon that he had at Professor Oak's Laboratory because the other Team Rocket members and affiliates than Jessie, James and Meowth have stolen them all that they've used for profit and in plans for world domination?

That sounds a lot like TR endgame plan if anything.
Could happen but not right after or during Kalos.

cryuel

They rarely re-introduce them iirc, so likely it will be something from the current gen or next gen region.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned

No his pokemon are safe at Oak's lab I'm pretty sure.

Lorde

I don't see why TR's competent members would go after Ash's Oak'd dreg Pokemon either. Only a select few of them are even worth stealing imo. Personally, I don't want to see any other than Charizard anyway.

Geodude

He'll almost certainly catch a Kalos species imho, so his choices aren't that vast. I just don't think he's going to bring back an old Pokemon as his permanent sixth XY team member.

Unless it can Mega Evolve and he gets a Key Stone and the Mega Stone for it. Candidates include Glalie, Charizard, Sceptile, and Heracross.

Judai-and-sho

The Best of the Best
Unless it can Mega Evolve and he gets a Key Stone and the Mega Stone for it. Candidates include Glalie, Charizard, Sceptile, and Heracross.

I just don't see Ash really using a Mega Evolution on a regular basis. Certainly for some climactic league battles. But episode to episode, I see him using his regular mons. At most, we'll have an arc mastering Mega Evolution but once that's done, the Mega will probably be Oaked until the next big battle so it's spot on the team will be short term.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
I just don't see Ash really using a Mega Evolution on a regular basis. Certainly for some climactic league battles. But episode to episode, I see him using his regular mons. At most, we'll have an arc mastering Mega Evolution but once that's done, the Mega will probably be Oaked until the next big battle so it's spot on the team will be short term.

Agreed. Ash needs to fill in one more spot on his team and I like it to be a final capture of a 6th gen pokemon. He can switch out for a pokemon if he is going to use mega evolution. I would like to see him use Mega Glalie to promote ORAS but he seems to have a better bond with Sceptile.

Lorde

I just don't see Ash really using a Mega Evolution on a regular basis. Certainly for some climactic league battles.

Agreed, hence why I said that I don't want him to bring back an old Pokemon as his permanent sixth XY team member, even if it could Mega Evolve. I just don't see him needing a Mega constantly.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned

I don't think he'll keep a mega on his team either I want him to catch a new pokemon for his last slot. ^^

Lorde

I want him to catch a new pokemon for his last slot. ^^

Same. I think it's his best course of action since we're still in Gen 6 and Kalos Pokemon promotion should come first. Megas can have a seat since they're not actual new Pokemon species.

Status
Not open for further replies.