• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters XY Pokémon Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Numelgon

I can actually see Ash's Greninja being stronger than normal Greninja's since AZ's Floette is stronger than regular Floette's.

Is it going to stop him from having a mega ? I'm not so sure to be honest. They might just have him promote a new mega from XY&Z or something. Also no, I'm 90% sure Ash's Greninja is not a mega just looking at how they described him, etc.

Akashin

"Self-serving"? How it's the truth... None of the rivals have the same pokemon as ash... Just because I class as Alexa as not seen anymore doesn't mean you have to get salty about it... We haven't seen her for many episodes. Yet we know we will see Sawyer, Trevor, tierno, miette and shauna again. Sure Alexa might come back at like the league or tf arc but I doubt anytime soon. Ninja kid has made two appearances and since his story line is basically over for now he won't be coming back.

Aphrodisiac already covered this but, seeing as Alexa has appeared more (within XY alone; I'm not counting BW, for the record) than Miette, I don't see why Miette would be stopping anybody from having a given Pokémon when Alexa clearly isn't.

also it's as equally poor writing to give Ash a pokemon that can instantly change into a mega without going through the mega process simply to avoid having ash use a key stone and Mega Stone. He may be the main character but they shouldn't exempt him from doing things the right way, because then it's deus ex to the extreme.

But if Ash Greninja isn't a Mega and has its own reasons for existing and being possible (which both seem to be the case), how exactly is it DEM?

Last edited:

Janovy

Banned
He may be the main character but they shouldn't exempt him from doing things the right way, because then it's deus ex to the extreme.
That is not Deus Ex Machina.

Especially not if this is a feature from the next game(s).

Akashin

If it's not a mega then it's not Dues Ex.

Only if this form change somehow turns out to be a mega and is anime exclusive then it is DEM.

And even if it is a Mega, it's only DEM if it comes out of nowhere as some magical Mega that doesn't require the usual methods with no reasoning given whatsoever. If the time is taken to show why it doesn't need those methods, it's still not DEM.

And if it is a Mega, it won't be anime exclusive, plain and simple. Though I doubt it'll be anime exclusive either way.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
And even if it is a Mega, it's only DEM if it comes out of nowhere as some magical Mega that doesn't require the usual methods with no reasoning given whatsoever.

What I was trying to say.

At this point all we'll do is go in circles, we need more information to continue discussion.

dman_dustin

Only if this form change somehow turns out to be a mega and is anime exclusive then it is DEM.

It's only DEM only if you consider Pokemon abilities, DEM.

Because even if this was anime exclusive "Mega Greninja" and Ash can call upon it even though he's not using a Key Stone or Mega Stone, it'd still be explained within the anime.

So not DEM. Besides I can't imagine how its DEM to be used against "Byrony's Bisharp" as if anyone cares one way or another to use DEM against Team Flare, especially of this variety.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I can actually see Ash's Greninja being stronger than normal Greninja's since AZ's Floette is stronger than regular Floette's.

That seems like a given in my view, otherwise Ash may as well just use the regular Greninja if there isn't a difference in power level.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
We don't really know if the Ash Greninja is more powerful than the normal Greninja because there's no official source that says so and in the trailer, when Ash's Greninja transforms into Ash Greninja while attempting to attack another Trainer's Bisharp, it's not shown to attack it. But hopefully, it is.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
This will also destroy his reason of rivalry with trip as trip always said that evolving was the only way to be strong where as ash knew all pokemon have strength you just need to unlock it. It would be awful for ash to still fallback on his powerful pokemon every season. I wouldn't mind seeing him use mega evolution for a while and then stop before the league.

I think he would rely on mega evolution at the league too tho cuz that's where his toughest opponents will be.

Mr. Guy

Banned
We don't really know if the Ash Greninja is more powerful than the normal Greninja because there's no official source that says so and in the trailer, when Ash's Greninja transforms into Ash Greninja while attempting to attack another Trainer's Bisharp, it's not shown to attack it. But hopefully, it is.

It obviously will.

I mean, AZ's Floette is stronger than regular Floette.

Being stronger than regular Greninja is a given, otherwise the form is pointless.

Lorde

I think he would rely on mega evolution at the league too tho cuz that's where his toughest opponents will be.

Agreed. In fact that's the only place where I'd want to see him use a Mega since it would seem fitting given the competition. He might even fight Alain there as well.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
It obviously will.

I mean, AZ's Floette is stronger than regular Floette.

Being stronger than regular Greninja is a given, otherwise the form is pointless.

It still could be but there's no official confirmation. When M15 Keldeo became resolute, it got faster and a bit more powerful but in the games, there's no stat change. This same principle could apply to Ash's Greninja too.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Guessing that as a Mega Evolution that Ash's bringing back, Sceptile is a likely choice because on the XY&Z poster, Mega Sceptile is featured but Mega Charizard Y is not. Mega Charizard X surely belongs to Alain.

Lorde

I dunno about this but yea he could use mega Charizard Y at the Kalos league just to get a higher position this time. ^^

I could care less about his KL position. If he uses a Mega there, I simply want it to be for the wow factor, not because I think he'll make Top 4 again. :x

thunderblade12

It's been years since I've posted here. Nice to see Almighty Zard and Janovy are still active. So what's the main speculation as far as a sixth member on Ash's team?

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
It's been years since I've posted here. Nice to see Almighty Zard and Janovy are still active. So what's the main speculation as far as a sixth member on Ash's team?

Everyone has moved onto Mega Sceptile, Mega Charizard, Phantump, or Honedge. i am still in my own little corner, hoping for Skiddo at the Pokémon Village.

Status
Not open for further replies.