• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters XY Pokémon Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

NitroLightningFlash

My ideas for the teams:

Ash:
~ Pikachu
~ Greninja: pretty much set in stone, have a feeling it will evolve in the upcoming gym battle for some reason.
~ Talonflame
~ Hawlucha
~ Noivern: Since it was the only Ash Pokemon missing from the poster for XY&Z a while back, whilst a Noivern is there instead, will hopefully get more screentime and development after Frogadier evolves, evolving say mid XY&Z series.
~ Honedge/Doublade/One of his older Pokemon to mega evolve: I'm NOT going to give up hope for the sword/s! xD Obviously I would prefer Honedge/Doublade to one of his older Pokemon coming back, such as Charizard since for all we know Ash Greninja could have powers that surpass that of mega evolution, so Ash may not need an older Pokemon to mega evolve. I like Charizard and know he was hinted at a while back with a Charizard Y with Dragon Tail, an attack which he has, but what would happen to Talonflame with them both being the exact same typing?

Serena:
~ Delphox: I think Ash's/Tierno's/Serena's/Shauna's and Trevor's starters will be at the final stage at the end since we already have Blastoise now with Greninja coming, i'm pretty sure Shauna will get Venusaur, and Trevor Charizard (since we know he's getting gym badges now), so it makes sense for Braixen to be fully evolved too. If Shauna gets Venusaur, then can see Delphox happening, if Shauna winds up keeping Ivysaur then maybe Braixen wouldn't evolve (just to stay even with each other). Besides if Braixen evolved, we'd still have Pancham and Sylveon for cuteness factor if that's what the writers are going for imho. Not sure what i'd think of Sylveon being the only fully evolved Pokemon in Serena's team even though i love Sylveon xD
~ Pancham: Don't see him evolving, and he's fine the way he is imho
~ Sylveon: Due to recent merchandise, it strongly hints that Eevee will evolve into Sylveon, and i'm fine with that for obvious reasons, as long as she doesn't 'overtake' Braixen in any way.
~'Standalone' Pokemon (Pokemon which has no evolutions, just so Pancham's not the only small one in her team x3) I think she'll only have 4 Pokemon, since it took her a while to get even 3, and as long as they have their own personalities then that's the main thing.

Clemont:
~ Bunnelby: Don't see it evolving
~ Quilladin: Even though it may not be evolving any time soon, i still think because of the signature thing from a while back, that it will at some point, but not before Frogadier, Noibat or Eevee. About halfway through next year i'd say.
~ Luxray: Still wish he would get attention soon...
TBH It's hard to say if Clemont will get another Pokemon or not, i hope he does as it's only fair since Ash and Serena are getting team changes...

Bonnie:
~ Dedenne: Yeah i know it's Clemont's but still xD
~ Zygarde small forme that she's seen with in XY&Z trailer (can't remember it's name): I think this will be like Meloetta in Best Wishes and stay for the Zygarde/Team Flare arc, with Bonnie taking care of it and then Bonnie will want to keep it (she always does; even with Tyrantrum in a recent episode xD) but has to say goodbye at the end.

What do you all think? :D

Phillip12

Philuxio
Who here still believe in Skiddo get caught? , I know that the news of the anime doesn't shows him even a little, but I'm Confident yet.

i2i

Big Bad Wolf
Not sure if these were posted but for December 2015, we have three plushies coming out.

Pikachu
Gulpin
Wailord

Pikachu- Ash, Duh
Gulpin- Can be a possible capture for Serena or one of the rivals like Sawyer or Miette
Wailord- Since its a pure aquatic Water-type Pokemon it probably won't be a possible capture for the main cast but maybe a rival instead.

phanpycross

God-king
Gulpin for Serena would just be the dream, I remember pitching it to be Shota's 3th mon prior to XY 65, but Serena getting it instead would be even better.

Waillord seems way too big to be used by anyone on the main cast, unless the rest of the series takes place at coastal Kalos, so IDK about that one.

ShadowForce720

Has anyone else notice that Eevee's relationship with Chespin is similar to Goodra's relationship with Dedenne, in that when Goodra was still a Goomy and first join the group it was scared of Dedenne but after Dedenne saved it, it got over it's fear and help protect Dedenne and then the 2 became best friends, where as right now Eevee is scared of Chespin due to it's shyness, do you think where going to get an episode where we get a situation where Chespin is trying to protect and/or save Eevee and after words Eevee becomes good friends with Chespin(or at the very least is not scared of Chespin anymore)?

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Has anyone else notice that Eevee's relationship with Chespin is similar to Goodra's relationship with Dedenne, in that when Goodra was still a Goomy and first join the group it was scared of Dedenne but after Dedenne saved it, it got over it's fear and help protect Dedenne and then the 2 became best friends, where as right now Eevee is scared of Chespin due to it's shyness, do you think where going to get an episode where we get a situation where Chespin is trying to protect and/or save Eevee and after words Eevee becomes good friends with Chespin(or at the very least is not scared of Chespin anymore)?

I would hope so. I've been enjoying their interactions so far and would like to see their relationship develop.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Gulpin for Serena would just be the dream, I remember pitching it to be Shota's 3th mon prior to XY 65, but Serena getting it instead would be even better.

Waillord seems way too big to be used by anyone on the main cast, unless the rest of the series takes place at coastal Kalos, so IDK about that one.

Serena with Gulpin for her 4th Pokemon? Yes! Sign me up for that odd ball Pokemon. So long as it never ever evolves I would so enjoy Gulpin with Serena.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Who would I give Wailord to? Since they'll be travelling through Mountain Kalos most of the time, it's a hard choice but my guess lies on Sawyer because he might had gotten one in Hoenn, most likely as a Wailmer and it's very unlikely for any of the characters to catch one right off Mountain Kalos.

ShadowForce720

Who would I give Wailord to? Since they'll be travelling through Mountain Kalos most of the time, it's a hard choice but my guess lies on Sawyer because he might had gotten one in Hoenn, most likely as a Wailmer and it's very unlikely for any of the characters to catch one right off Mountain Kalos.

Yeah I do think it would probably be Sawyer's Wailord if it belongs to anyone, but I'm not going to lie, it would be pretty hilarious to see a Wailord in the Mountains and for one of the main cast to catch it.lol

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Gulpin could be James', it'd be a good Pokemon. And it could bring back the Pokemon putting his head in their mouth gag.

Wailord should be Sawyer's.

kickachu

Momentai!
if Wailord is Sawyer's how will he battle with it can't battle unless on waterfield

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Sawyer could just reveal he has Wailord by telling Ash and friends about it and maybe a couple of flashbacks about it, like Sawyer surfing on it at Coastal Kalos.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I just don't see the point of Trevor using a mega Charizard for instance cuz Alain and Ash could do it themselves. ^^;

I see nothing wrong with two Mega Charizard X/Y showing up though: I mean we've seen two Mega Garchomp so far. :rolleyes:

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
Where did the Wailord speculation come from? Have I miss something here? Although Sawyer having a huge pokemon like that in his party seems interesting, I have no idea where this speculation came from and why Wailord?

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Where did the Wailord speculation come from? Have I miss something here? Although Sawyer having a huge pokemon like that in his party seems interesting, I have no idea where this speculation came from and why Wailord?

This Wailord could originally be a Wailmer that Sawyer caught while in Hoenn that somehow evolved during some point during his journey. For now, we don't know much about what Sawyer did in Hoenn other than getting Treecko as his starter from Professor Birch and meeting Steven Stone.

Theorist

If there was a perfect pokemon by types for ash right now it would be snowver. But he will never be gifted with it. And there is literally never any evidence of a chance of him getting one.

But out of all the pokemon left I believe he will take an old pokemon back unless in the opening there is some evidence of a current generation pokemon caught in the tf arc. Bergmite or whatever it's called would be good since he has a dragon type now and would be nice for him to have an ice type. I guess we'll be finally able to speculate when the new opening is out.

crawdauntpro

darksidetrainer
Who here still believe in Skiddo get caught? , I know that the news of the anime doesn't shows him even a little, but I'm Confident yet.

I'd prefer it as Ash's 6th capture. Gives his team a well-rounded typing then.

ShadowForce720

I'd prefer it as Ash's 6th capture. Gives his team a well-rounded typing then.

I'm not sure how getting a pure grass type would be a well-rounded typing considering his current team already covers what Grass types are strong against, so if were talking about providing a pokemon that helps to balance out typings to his team then, it would be better for him t get another type like a Honedge or Phantump to name 2, but their are other choices for instance Furfrou would be a more neutral choice and maybe one could argue that Bergmite would be a neutral choice give the effect they have at his team.

Not saying that he couldn't get a Skiddo, I'm just saying at this point it's not a well rounded typing.

Status
Not open for further replies.