• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters XY Pokémon Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I definitely think Ash will catch a sixth mon in Kalos, but probably some thing completely unexpected like a Ralts or some thing.

I hope not. Ralts is decent and all, but the time for a Hoenn Pokemon to get caught by Ash has past imho. OR/AS don't need more hype and promo.

dp045

I hope not. Ralts is decent and all, but the time for a Hoenn Pokemon to get caught by Ash has past imho. OR/AS don't need more hype and promo.

Not necessarily, already it has been a year since leaving OR / AZ but I think it will improve the promotion, after all the previous episode Ash and Serena gave the Pokedex of OR / AZ, will seem insignificant but I think it was obvious the intention because if they had done that they wanted Cypres simply "update" the information of Dex Ash and Serena already had with data from the Mega forms introduced in OR / AZ. I think this "almost" portends that there could still be more elements of the OR / AZ included in the Anime you could see reflected in the next catch Ash and Serena, some post-League bow or some other surprise.
Also, with Shota and Mega-Sceptile I think the issue of OR / AZ remains strong in the anime.

Last edited:

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Also, with Shota and Mega-Sceptile I think the issue of OR / AZ remains strong in the anime.

I also think that a huge amount of ORAS Megas not yet appearing in the main XY anime means that ORAS promotion from the anime still isn't over. Mega Audino is just the beginning. I could see Serena get more Hoenn Pokémon for herself but Ash already had his turn in the AG days.

dman_dustin

I also think that a huge amount of ORAS Megas not yet appearing in the main XY anime means that ORAS promotion from the anime still isn't over. Mega Audino is just the beginning. I could see Serena get more Hoenn Pokémon for herself but Ash already had his turn in the AG days.

Maybe. But remember Ash only ever caught 5 Hoenn Pokemon. That might be true for 6th generation, but every other generation it was at least 6 of that generation.

But personally I'd stick with 6th gen for now, if we get a healthy battle competition arc for filler after the Kalos League until 7th generation then Ash can catch a Hoenn Pokemon then.

World Turtle

But Phantump is awesome it would kick butt and be awesome, and did I mention it would be awesome.

Ash doesn't need another mega evolution anyway when he's going to have Ash Greninja, I'm perfectly fine with Ash's 6th slot being a Kalos Pokemon.

Agreed (especially on the Phantump is awesome part). We're in the Kalos region. Let's focus on Kalos Pokemon for now. Besides we've past the 7th Gym it won't be long before the final gym and later the league. The Third Game/Z will be coming out next year. Meaning we'll likely have a filler arc between the league and Generation 7. Ash can bring back Charizard/Sceptile/whoever for Mega Evolution related stuff then.

Maybe. But remember Ash only ever caught 5 Hoenn Pokemon. That might be true for 6th generation, but every other generation it was at least 6 of that generation.

I'd agree with Ash getting five Kalos Pokemon if (1) he hadn't released Goodra leaving a spot open and (2) if he still wasn't missing one of his regulars (Grass). Given how late we are into the saga and it being the only Grass Type yet to appear Phantump is my Grass type of choice.

But personally I'd stick with 6th gen for now, if we get a healthy battle competition arc for filler after the Kalos League until 7th generation then Ash can catch a Hoenn Pokemon then.

I wouldn't complain if this happen. I never liked how the Hoenn Team was one-short a full roster. Pikachu doesn't count since he's always moving from one team to the next.

Last edited:

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~

Maybe he will, maybe he won't. It could fill Ash's sixth Hoenn Pokémon gap but if they're focusing too much on the next game, maybe his sixth Kalos team slot would be filled by a Kalos Pokémon.

ShadowForce720

Agreed (especially on the Phantump is awesome part). We're in the Kalos region. Let's focus on Kalos Pokemon for now. Besides we've past the 7th Gym it won't be long before the final gym and later the league. The Third Game/Z will be coming out next year. Meaning we'll likely have a filler arc between the league and Generation 7. Ash can bring back Charizard/Sceptile/whoever for Mega Evolution related stuff then.

I'd agree with Ash getting five Kalos Pokemon if (1) he hadn't released Goodra leaving a spot open and (2) if he still wasn't missing one of his regulars (Grass). Given how late we are into the saga and it being the only Grass Type yet to appear Phantump is my Grass type of choice.

I wouldn't complain if this happen. I never liked how the Hoenn Team was one-short a full roster. Pikachu doesn't count since he's always moving from one team to the next.

Well since were on the subject of Ash's Hoenn team, one thing I never understood was why didn't the writers have Ash catch that Spoink that he and the rest of the main cast and his Torkoal befriended. Although I do think that his last capture before the league will be a Kalos pokemon and then during a post league arc he could get a Hoenn pokemon, or some other pokemon or even a Dunsparce(lol).

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
or some other pokemon or even a Dunsparce(lol).

Reminds me of the moment when Ash failed to catch Dunsparce in BW Season 3.

Dunsparce could possibly make its return and Ash could finally catch it.

jskylinegtr

Sabine Cerrado and Angela Ken Rojas fan.
Phantump would be caught by James as a counterpart to Jessie's Gourgeist, and, evidence of Lucario on the merchandise could consider Korrina's return, which she would trade Machoke for Phantump, then battle Ash's Charizard.

sontoriginyu

Why not? How far into the sinnoh did he catch Gligar. If he were to catch a hoenn (or another generation) pokemon i just hope it stays on the team into the next gen.

Captain America X

Why not? How far into the sinnoh did he catch Gligar. If he were to catch a hoenn (or another generation) pokemon i just hope it stays on the team into the next gen.

He caught Gligar because of Gliscor which was a Sinnoh pokemon which was it evolved very fast.Also he caught Gligar in episode 64,which was before the 3rd gym

There's zero reason for Ash to catch a Hoenn pokemon or a pokemon from another generation unless they pull an Aipom.A current gen pokemon like Phantump,Bergmite,Carbink or Honedge make way more sense.

Alkaid

I can see ash catching dunsparce as his 6th pokemon and taking it with him to the next region, where it can finally evolve.

jskylinegtr

Current gen Pokemon will not be caught by Ash, he already has one starter, new central, new coastal and new mountain, 6th is Mega Evolution

jskylinegtr

But Ash-Greninja fills the starter slot, Talonflame for Central, Hawlucha for Coastal and Noivern for Mountain, 6th is Mega Evolution

nickdt

Basically, Ash has two starters (Froakie and Pikachu) and three Central (Froakie, Pikachu and Talonflame), so that BS is off for good.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Ash Greninja is pseudo Mega, but the 6th has to be a real mega.

Ash-Greninja is and will be the mega whether you like it or not.

The faster you accept this, the easier the healing process will be. Outta here with this "psuedo" BS lol.

Alkaid

i doubt ash will catch a pokemon that mega evolves. If best wishes was supposed to be the new kanto and kalos the new hoenn wouldnt ash's 6th pokemon be caught after the 8th gym, then he would take with him to the new sinnoh, like aipom.

Or he can call on infernape,sceptile,charizard and mega evolve them to win the league but that to me just sounds like bad writing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.