• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters XY Pokémon Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShadowForce720

So let's see here I think the most talked about pokemon as possiblites of being a 6th capture are these:

Honedge
Phantump
Skiddo
Bergmite
Quilladin

Here are ones that are still talked about but not as much as the previous ones:

Carbink
Klefki
Espurr
Floette

Here are the ones that aren't really talked about that often:

Skrelp
Tyrunt
Amaura
Binacle
Furfrou
Spritzee
Swirlix
Clauncher
Ltileo
Scatterbug

Ok I think I have gotten all of the non-legendary Kalos pokemon lines on here. Also on a side note I know that some people speculate that the 6th capture would be a Mega evolution.

Phillip12

Philuxio
What's wrong is that you're dominating the entire conversation while everyone else wants to do something with evolutions, mega evolutions, and possible returning Pokemon. It can't just be about a single goat all the time.

Noy just a single goat. It's THE GOAT. Skiddo with Sceptile and Torterra will be Ash's only tree grass types to can coverage all of it's weakness.

ShadowForce720

Noy just a single goat. It's THE GOAT. Skiddo with Sceptile and Torterra will be Ash's only tree grass types to can coverage all of it's weakness.

Are you saying that because Skiddo is a grass type it can provide coverage to Ash's Kalos team, because if you are I need to point out that if Ash needs a pokemon to cover weaknesses for his Kalos team then Honedge by all rights would be the idea choice here. My point being is that in terms of pokemon that help provide coverage there are plenty of better choices for that then Skiddo.

Phillip12

Philuxio
Are you saying that because Skiddo is a grass type it can provide coverage to Ash's Kalos team, because if you are I need to point out that if Ash needs a pokemon to cover weaknesses for his Kalos team then Honedge by all rights would be the idea choice here. My point being is that in terms of pokemon that help provide coverage there are plenty of better choices for that then Skiddo.

Honedge can't learn any move against ground types. And I didn't speak about coverage the team, but coverege itself. Skiddo , sceptile and torterra all learn rock and ground moves to cover theirs 5 weakness.

Last edited:

UbersSuck20

#FreeGenesect
Honedge can't learn any move against ground types.

It has Magnet Rise and HP Ice. While I doubt the second move will come in play, Magnet Rise should be taken into account.

Phillip12

Philuxio
It has Magnet Rise and HP Ice. While I doubt the second move will come in play, Magnet Rise should be taken into account.

Honedge is more like a James's Pokemon . Remember... It floats, has no arms or legs... It's warped... ( Weazzing, Chimeco, Yamask) .
Skiddo is more like a Ash's Pokemon, remember... It's quadrupedal, can use vine whip and razor leaf... ( Bulbasaur, Torterra)
And even james havin' a historic of loves-hurtin'-him-thinkin'-that's-demostrating-care grass types pokemon, they're all warmed and ugly... Remember (Victrebeel, Cacnea, Carnivine) Amoongus doesn't hurt him huggin', but it's still a warped and ugly grass type. But Skiddo is cute and convenient grass type. And Honedge (and phanthump) are warmed, ugly...

ShadowForce720

So if we look at Honedge here is how it's typing matches up:

Immune to: Fighting, Normal, Poison, and Ground(if it has Magnet Rise)

Has a Resistance to: Grass, Fairy, Flying, Psychic, Rock, Bug, Ice ,Dragon, and Steel

Is weak to: Fire, Ground(if it doesn't have Magnet Rise), Ghost, and Dark

Takes Neutral damage from: Water, and Electric

Has or can learn Moves that are super effective against: Flying, Ice, Rock, Steel, Grass, Fire, Ghost, Dark, Normal, Water, Bug, Fighting, Psychic, and Fairy

Where as Skiddo has this:

Immune: Grass(if it has Sap Sipper as it's ability)

Has a Resistance to: Ground, Water, Electric, and Grass

Is weak to: Bug, Poison, Ice, Flying, and Fire

Takes Neutral damage from: Normal, Fighting, Fairy, Steel, Dark, Dragon, Rock, and Psychic

Has moves that are super effective against: Normal, Electric, Rock, Fire, Water, Ground, Ice, Flying, Steel, Bug, Poison, Dark, Ghost, Fighting,Psychic, and Fairy

Overall the Honedge line would be better for Type coverage in over Skiddo due to Honedge introducing less weakness and being immune or resistant to 12 types(13 if it has magnet rise) compared to Skiddo which is only resistant or immune to 4 types.

Honedge is more like a James's Pokemon . Remember... It floats, has no arms or legs... It's warped... ( Weazzing, Chimeco, Yamask) .
Skiddo is more like a Ash's Pokemon, remember... It's quadrupedal, can use vine whip and razor leaf... ( Bulbasaur, Torterra)
And even james havin' a historic of loves-hurtin'-him-thinkin'-that's-demostrating-care grass types pokemon, they're all warmed and ugly... Remember (Victrebeel, Cacnea, Carnivine) Amoongus doesn't hurt him huggin', but it's still a warped and ugly grass type. But Skiddo is cute and convenient grass type. And Honedge (and phanthump) are warmed, ugly...

Honedge and Skiddo being more like a certain character's pokemon is all opinion base. Either way you look at it that doesn't necessarly mean that Ash would get Skiddo over Honedge. As we could easily have a situation where Ash gets Honedge, and James gets Skiddo.

Last edited:

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
If we weren't already so far into the series I might have been able to at the very best tolerate the idea of a Skiddo joining, but now it would feel so... underwhelming? They can do so much better than Skiddo especially now.

I'm just very worried about the 6th catch in general because if they don't bring it in before Wulfric, it's going to be in an even worse situation than Glalie. Which is very hard to do lol.

Ilikepiex7

A lot of people actually think Phantump is cute (it's evolved form isn't cute but if Ash catches phantump it would be extremely unlikely to evolve).

Mrs. Oreo

Banned

If James needs a floating pokemon then he can just get Phantump but I dunno if he'll even get another pokemon at all.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
If James needs a floating pokemon then he can just get Phantump but I dunno if he'll even get another pokemon at all.

James already has Inkay, it already counts as a floating Pokémon because whenever I see it, it levitates. And I'm really hoping that it'll evolve too and probably not float anymore.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
This Skiddo argument is so asinine. Can we please start speculating on something like returning league pokemon or megas or even development for Clemont's pokemon?

DavidD001

James already has Inkay, it already counts as a floating Pokémon because whenever I see it, it levitates. And I'm really hoping that it'll evolve too and probably not float anymore.

I doubt that James's Inkay will evolve since its been shown to hate Malamar but either way James needs a 2nd pokemon as he always has atleast 2 pokemon with him. and due to his affinity for floating pokemon and Grass or Poison types....Phantump would be a good fit for James. I can imagine James finding one or the other way around.....like in the route towards the Pokemon Village.

ShadowForce720

I doubt that James's Inkay will evolve since its been shown to hate Malamar but either way James needs a 2nd pokemon as he always has atleast 2 pokemon with him. and due to his affinity for floating pokemon and Grass or Poison types....Phantump would be a good fit for James. I can imagine James finding one or the other way around.....like in the route towards the Pokemon Village.

Actually that is not completely accurate. James's Inkay doesn't hate all Malamar, it just hates the evil Malamar trio. Now it is possible that Inkay could still evolve since it doesn't hate all Malamar, as it only hates the evil Malamar trio. Another thing to note is that fact that the writers seemed to go out of there way to show us a group of good Malamar, and that not all Malamar are evil this is important because they didn't have to show us good Malamar, but they did. So really it wouldn't be that ridiculous for James's Inkay to evolve.

Now I would imagine if James's Inkay were to evolve it would probably be while it's battling the evil Malamar trio and is trying to protect James from them.

AlexTogekiss

My ideal movesets for Ash's current team are:
- Pikachu: Thunderbolt, Iron Tail, Electroball, and Return/ Quick Attack (he has a strong bond with Ash so it could change.)
- Greninja: Water Shurike, Night Slash/ Cut (it just seems to be a pretty normal upgrade to me), Aerial Ace and Double Team.
- Talonflame: Flame Charge, Brave Bird, Steel Wing and Heat Wave (it can be animated like Razor Wind but with fire or make Talonflame exhale a spiral fire or something like that).
- Hawlucha: Flying Press, High Jump Kick, Sky Drop (Sky Drop is basically a flying type Seismic Toss) and X-Scissor.
- Noivern: Hurricane, Dragon Claw, Boomburst and Flamethrower, Psychic or Solarbeam (with this moveset Noivern has it's 2 STAB moves, Boomburst and good coverage moves).
- Goodra (if it returns): Dragon Pulse, Ice Beam, Bide and Rain Dance (I think it's pretty much done).

- Sixth capture (I'll name the most talked ones just for the lols.
- Phantump: Phantom Force, Energy Ball, Will-o-wisp and Forest Curse (The animatio team love spherical moves so that explains Energy Ball, Phantom Force is an interesting move, Forest Curse can make interesting combos with the flying types and Will-o-wisp because it's a ghost type).
- Honedge: Flash Cannon, Shadow Sneak, Fury Cutter, Swords Dance (I think it can be good with this if it doesn´t evolve).
- Bergmite: Frost Breath, Gyro Ball, Avalanche and Recover (the same as with Honedge moveset).
- Skiddo: Horn Leech, Tackle, Bulldoze and Vine Whip. (I'm being really optimistic if it gets at least Bulldoze lol).

I didn't put Quilladin because Clemont already has Chespin, the pure idea of having 2 pokémon of the same line at the same time on the cast really annoys me (I know that happened with Staryu and Starmie but that happened in OS and at that time the writers didn't had an idea of what they were doing).

P.S: Sorry if there is a typo up there, it´s a lot of text (I don´t know how a lot of you can write essays...):p

DavidD001

Actually that is not completely accurate. James's Inkay doesn't hate all Malamar, it just hates the evil Malamar trio. Now it is possible that Inkay could still evolve since it doesn't hate all Malamar, as it only hates the evil Malamar trio. Another thing to note is that fact that the writers seemed to go out of there way to show us a group of good Malamar, and that not all Malamar are evil this is important because they didn't have to show us good Malamar, but they did. So really it wouldn't be that ridiculous for James's Inkay to evolve.

Now I would imagine if James's Inkay were to evolve it would probably be while it's battling the evil Malamar trio and is trying to protect James from them.

Okay I should have been a bit more specific on that cause yes Inkay did temporarily recruit the help of other Inkays & some good wild Malamar to battle the evil Malamar. And yes you are correct about the writers didn't have to show us good Malamar but did to show that James's Inkay can get along with good or neutral versions of its evolutionary line. And yes it is possible that Inkay could evolve into Malamar but I think it could stay as an Inkay as it fits the kinda cute role within James's captures and currently his only pokemon with him at the moment.

And that scenario for evolving James's Inkay would be interesting to see and it learning atleast 1 or 2 pretty powerful attacks when it happens but I'm excited to see how James & Jessie will fully use Inkay & Gourgeist against Team Flare. And what exactly will Giovanni be doing as well?

nonz

Why there is always a speculation regarding skiddo...there are lots of other pokemons as well...we never know if he call some from his reserves..

NettFox

I don't think they need any cuz Clemont's character seems just about finished to me. At most I think his Bunnelby might evolve but even that seems kind of unlikely to me right now ha ha. ^^;

Personally I hope he comes up with something for Mega evolution since he is a gadgetry inventor of sorts. Plus I wanna see a chance at a plausible Mega-Luxray that could come out in Z or possible WhateverEmerald. It would give him a new purpose since he's done with battling Ash as a gym leader. I mean Bonnie has her Puni-Chan and he's been left in the dust harder than Brock.

Status
Not open for further replies.