• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters XY Pokémon Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DotKU

Champion
I think there is plenty of time to give Team Flare a good arc, plenty of time to deal with Serena's quest in a good way and plenty of time to do Ash's last gym battle and a good League arc. The issue here is that after all this there won't be time for more worthy material out of this season.

We already know up to April now, and from then to November (which I think is when SM is coming) that leaves around 30 episodes give or take until then. I guess that's enough time to fill these gaps, but with the way they have been handling Serena's quest right now doesn't make me too optimistic of the rest of the arcs being handled better.

nickdt

I'm still convinced that Ash is going to catch a fully evolved Trevenant before he reaches the 8th gym. Trevenant appear around that area in the game and I just have a feeling. It'll already be quite strong so it won't need much training to be on par with the rest of the team and catching it already evolved avoids having to trade it.

Only thing is: Trevenant already appeared, while Phantump and Bergmite have not. And i don't think they want to give him a fully evolved Ghost/Grass type, since Jessie already has one and she is part of the main cast.

Zoneman29

I'm still all for Ash getting Skiddo/Gogoat. I'd be fine as long as Ash gets it and uses it some before going off to the next region. Then possibly if there is a good cool Psychic-, Ghost-, Steel- or Fairy-type in the 7th Gen then Ash could get it and if its good enough to peak my interest due to design and moveset then I'd be all for it happening.

Agree with your Idea plus Ash also should get another Electric type can be one of the New Gen or Old Gen that can Mega Evolve.

DavidD001

Agree with your Idea plus Ash also should get another Electric type can be one of the New Gen or Old Gen that can Mega Evolve.

Thank you and I agree with 2nd Electric-type for Ash. It can appear in the new region/generation...heck the new regional bird could end up going from Normal/Flying into Electric/Flying since the bird shown was like a Woodpecker and they are pretty fast so Electric/Flying would fit it. I'm not sure on the Mega Evolution for Ash still aside from Ash's Greninja taking on a special form which seems to be on the same level as Mega Evolution.

nickdt

Thank you and I agree with 2nd Electric-type for Ash. It can appear in the new region/generation...heck the new regional bird could end up going from Normal/Flying into Electric/Flying since the bird shown was like a Woodpecker and they are pretty fast so Electric/Flying would fit it. I'm not sure on the Mega Evolution for Ash still aside from Ash's Greninja taking on a special form which seems to be on the same level as Mega Evolution.

If the Regional Bird is a Flying/Electric pokemon or evolves into a Flying/Electric pokemon, than they will skip the Regional Bird, since Ash will never get another Electric type besides Pikachu.

ShadowForce720

If the Regional Bird is a Flying/Electric pokemon or evolves into a Flying/Electric pokemon, than they will skip the Regional Bird, since Ash will never get another Electric type besides Pikachu.

Not necessarily. It is still a possibility and if the regional bird happens to be Flying/Electric or evolves into a Flying/Electric pokemon then I doubt that would prevent Ash from getting it.

DavidD001

The writers already switched things up on us for Ash's regional bird in Kalos on making it evolve from Normal/Flying into Fire/Flying which is unique among Ash's birds so if they are willing to do this then there is nothing that can really stop the writers from giving Ash a bird that becomes Electric/Flying. Heck the writers had Ash bond with other Electric-types so its possible that Ash could get an Electric/Flying-type that is not a legendary; same for a regional Ice/Flying bird [Delibird doesn't count as it cant evolve and its a Gen 2 pokemon]. It's be cool for Ash to get either an Electric/Flying-type or an Ice/Flying-type regional bird that is able to naturally evolve.
And as said in the 2nd Pokemon movie..."Disturb not the harmony of Fire, Ice and Lightning...", so its possible that the writers could maybe use that as something to go on for birds for Ash in regions.
So far aside from..
Moltres, Ho-oh, and Charizard for Fire/Flying
Zapdos, Thundurus, Fan Rotom, Emolga for Electric/Flying
Articuno & Delibird for Ice/Flying

Talonflame is Ash's 1st Fire/Flying bird.
an Electric/Flying region bird or an Ice/Flying region bird that is able to evolve for Ash is very possible.

i2i

Big Bad Wolf
So assuming that Goodra returns to fill the the sixth spot, I think after the master class is over and continued to Snowbelle City they'll cross the swamp we'll have the Ash and Goodra reunion then this and that happens with the episode ending with Goodra leaving with Ash heading to the eighth Gym then League.

kickachu

Momentai!
Anybody remember when khoury caught gible and most of us thought ash wouldn't hurt a dragon type but in the future previews of Diamond and Pearl anime it showed him commanding gible so in the possible clips coming up will show him commanding goodra or reuniting with it

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Deja vu. People also used the "maybe it will get an evo in the next gen" excuse to justify Ash catching one in BW too and nothing happened.

Yea I'm not digging the thought of Ash catching a Dunsparce in XYZ even on the off chance that it'll have an evolved form in the next era. I'd prefer if he just sticks to catching a Kalos pokemon.

JudySpell

Banned
So assuming that Goodra returns to fill the the sixth spot, I think after the master class is over and continued to Snowbelle City they'll cross the swamp we'll have the Ash and Goodra reunion then this and that happens with the episode ending with Goodra leaving with Ash heading to the eighth Gym then League.

I think it's likelier that Goodra might just get sent straight to Ash in the League.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?

I know this is an unpopular opinion, but with Ash owning two fully evolved Dragon-types, there's really no reason for the writers to not bring back Iris for some Dragon vs. Dragon battle. Goodra vs. Dragonite, Noivern vs. Garchomp/Haxorus? Who knows.

esquilo09

Well, everybody claims the 7th gen regional bird is based on a woodpecker, but... What if we are all wrong? It might be based on a cuckoo? Or a sparrow? Or that brown big eyed bird who has a melancholic chirp and can camouflage by pretending to be a tree stump?(sorry for the long line, I forgot the bird's name).

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
https://41.media.tumblr.com/43b4ef2c4f40e0ff39cdc2ce9449808f/tumblr_o363visz8U1tyhxbyo1_540.png
there is some artwork going around with the new bird. Its definitely the regional bird of the 7th region

Cant wait to see it in action with ash :). wonder what it evolves into?

Aww, that's adorable lol. If that is what the bird looks like, it kind of looks part fire to me. Although so does Yveltal so apparently looks don't mean much in terms of type.

Anyways, now I definitely don't think Ash is catching another new pokemon. With the region most likely ending pretty soon, he should focus on what he has and Goodra.

Red and Blue

It looks to be based off of a red crested Cardinal. Which is incidentally a bird from Hawaii.

Red and Blue

I just thought of the perfect final capture for Ash. A Ocean pattern themed Vivillion shown from the Sun and Moon trailer. It is part flying AND it could foreshadow and promote the new region

Status
Not open for further replies.