• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters XY Pokémon Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

thelord3

He would just leave Phantump at Oak's place 30 or so episodes from now anyway, so not really...

Umm, that's not enough? He would show him plenty of Kalos then take him to a new region. And he might call on him in the future in other regions. I'd say that's more than enough. I mean phantump wouldn't k is any better would it? He is seeing the outside world for the first time so no matter how little of it Ash showed him it is still way more than anything that phantump could have dreamed of seeing on Hi is own.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Why would he have to ditch a pokemon just for a new capture.

A post that I quoted yesterday mentioned a scenario where Ash would regain Goodra and also mentioned if we'd get a hint of a new capture after that, which is why I mentioned that Ash likely wouldn't catch any more pokemon if he were to have a full team consisting of Pikachu, Greninja, Hawlucha, Noivern, Talonflame and Goodra.

Since the post said 'regaining' in terms of Goodra coming back, I assumed that it was a permanent Goodra returns to Ash's team scenario.

ShadowForce720

A post that I quoted yesterday mentioned a scenario where Ash would regain Goodra and also mentioned if we'd get a hint of a new capture after that, which is why I mentioned that Ash likely wouldn't catch any more pokemon if he were to have a full team consisting of Pikachu, Greninja, Hawlucha, Noivern, Talonflame and Goodra.

Since the post said 'regaining' in terms of Goodra coming back, I assumed that it was a permanent Goodra returns to Ash's team scenario.

Since I was sort of editing my post I don't think you got to really see it completely. But I'm pretty sure the post your were replying to was saying that basically the only way Goodra's return could effectively rule out Ash getting a 6th capture was if Goodra returned earlier then expected and became a permanent team member and if at that point Ash still hadn't gotten a 6th capture, otherwise Ash would still be able to get a 6th capture and then the writers could just have Goodra return right before or during the league.

Last edited:

Red and Blue

So Shota`s Honedge will likely be a Doublade in XYZ23. Aegislash for the league then?

BlazeKnight7

Question, why does everyone keep bringing up the possibility of Goodra returning? Has it been specifically hinted at either in the anime, or through other means? Cause I'm not really seeing a specific reason why he might come back considering the only Pokemon that have returned to Ash were ones that were in training (Gliscor, Charizard, and Squirtle) not returned to their homeland like Goodra was all other similar pokemon like that never came back, so am I missing something that makes Goodra different? or is it just people want to see Goodra come back?

esquilo09

Question, why does everyone keep bringing up the possibility of Goodra returning? Has it been specifically hinted at either in the anime, or through other means? Cause I'm not really seeing a specific reason why he might come back considering the only Pokemon that have returned to Ash were ones that were in training (Gliscor, Charizard, and Squirtle) not returned to their homeland like Goodra was all other similar pokemon like that never came back, so am I missing something that makes Goodra different? or is it just people want to see Goodra come back?
Because Goodra is Ash's first Pseudo Legendary? Many fans protested about Goodra's departure episode? Goodra is popular?

Does this answer your question?

BlazeKnight7

Because Goodra is Ash's first Pseudo Legendary? Many fans protested about Goodra's departure episode? Goodra is popular?

Does this answer your question?

I was more asking if there were hints to it happening or if it was just people wanting it to happen. I'm guessing by this it's just people wanting it to/hoping it will happen rather than predicting it.

I'd like Goodra to return but I don't see it happening at this point considering the way he departure was similar to previous Pokemon that never returned like Butterfree, Pidgeot etc.

Happy to be proven wrong though

LexSuicune

Feraligatr Master
Well unlike Butterfree and Pidgeot Goodra has been seen again, and has shown it still has a bond and cares about the group.

So my best bet is that it'll return for the league battles.

ShadowForce720

I was more asking if there were hints to it happening or if it was just people wanting it to happen. I'm guessing by this it's just people wanting it to/hoping it will happen rather than predicting it.

I'd like Goodra to return but I don't see it happening at this point considering the way he departure was similar to previous Pokemon that never returned like Butterfree, Pidgeot etc.

It's because unlike those Butterfree, Pidgeot etc we actually saw Goodra have a cameo during the Master Class and then on top of that there is a rise in Goodra merchandise. Which if Goodra wasn't going to return then it would seem weird to just suddenly have a random increase in Goodra merchandise.

phanpycross

God-king

Three replies and none useful to your question -_-

Yes, we have Goodra markedting for the upcoming movie, so it's possible that he could return.

phanpycross

God-king
Can you post a link of the picture

Went across like 50 pages to find this so here you go:

http://www.amiami.jp/top/detail/detail?gcode=GOODS-00072092

And Delp's translation:

"Pokemon Get Collections Candy: Kalos League Edition:
The figure lineup is connected to the new anime arc. Of particular note in this luxury lineup is "Satoshi Gekkouga", which has received a lot of exposure in the anime and is very popular among boys, Zygarde, which holds the key to the story, and Mega Lizardon X, which has become really popular thanks to a new character. The set contains the following 10 figures: Satoshi Gekkouga, Mega Lizardon X, Pikachu, Onvern, Numelgon, Zygarde, 10% Zygarde, Pumpjin, Tabunne and Nymphia."

Get hype.

Zoneman29

After hearing all this I think Ash & Co will catch & evolve few more Pokémon like Phantump (Shiny) & Riolu maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.