• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters XY Pokémon Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

thelord3

Umm, are we even sure those would be starters? They could very well be normal Pokemon. We just have to wait for the corocoro leaks next month in a couple of weeks.

DavidD001

So we have a new episode title with a curious title...

Episode 924: Winding Woods...Dawn of Evolution!

I wonder what this will cover.

Ilikepiex7

Well Winding woods is route 20 in the games so we know where the episode takes place but we don't know what Dawn of evolution refers to

DavidD001

I am mostly curious as to the the evolution part means...heck maybe Ash catches a pokemon there and it evolves or Ash catches a fully evolved pokemon its happened before; for example Primeape. Or maybe Serena's Braixen evolves into Delphox.

AuraGuardian448

Aura Guardian
Umm why is everyone speculating that Shota will get a camerupt? Has there been any merchandise indicating that? If people are intent on giving him a ground type from gen 3 I think the more likely and better option would be Claydoll. I did be wrong but I think the last time a Claydoll was seen battling in the anime was duribg the battle frontier. So it is about time it comes back

No. A random guy (who's partner was a Baltoy) Ash met one episode before the Sinnoh League (caught) had a Claydol. (His Baltoy battled it.)

I mean, Aipom was captured later than both, and it still had a pretty great run.

That said, I think people should lower their hopes for a sixth capture; Expectation is the source of all heartache after all.

(Again) Invalid example and comparison. Aipom's not even in that category, Gible and Glalie are. It had no relevance to the narrative of AG OR BF (and obviously of course the badge/league journey to). (Ash's next capture WILL be relevant to the League Storyline like Shark Dragon and Ice Rock.)

Lowering expectations is stupid. There is nothing realistic or logical about Ash going into the league and finishing his journey with the same 5 Pokemon and an empty (trolling spot) till 6th gen. I'm not sure of yours and some others mindsets, but if you can literally see the writers leaving an empty slot open so blatantly like that till the end of 6th gen, I just can't what's being said and anything further seriously. Either Goodra returns, Ash mega evolves someone (most unrealistic), or Ash gets a late capture (Gible/Glalie).

Afrodisiac

break up w yo gf, im bored
I am mostly curious as to the the evolution part means...heck maybe Ash catches a pokemon there and it evolves or Ash catches a fully evolved pokemon its happened before; for example Primeape. Or maybe Serena's Braixen evolves into Delphox.

Gorl, Braixen ain't evolving into that horrible thing and Ash won't catch another Pokémon until at least early august.

It's probably just a filler about Snorlax or the involvement of Wulfric in the Winding Woods/Pokémon Village.

Red and Blue

Umm, are we even sure those would be starters? They could very well be normal Pokemon. We just have to wait for the corocoro leaks next month in a couple of weeks.

Trademark names for a grass, fire, and water type not starters? Not a chance

DavidD001

Gorl, Braixen ain't evolving into that horrible thing and Ash won't catch another Pokémon until at least early august.

It's probably just a filler about Snorlax or the involvement of Wulfric in the Winding Woods/Pokémon Village.

its possible that Braixen could potentially evolve into Delphox. and Delphox is not horrible; its a pretty good pokemon.
Ash could potentially get another pokemon in the winding woods or pokemon village and even with the possible Snorlax in the episode that still doesnt explain the 'DAWN OF EVOLUTION' part in the episode title.

AuraGuardian448

Aura Guardian
The Phantump falling on Ash's head thing is being over rated though. I mean pigeon poop fell on my head once but that didn't mean I captured it. Same difference here.

I giggled a bit. (Has to be a joke?)

if those names are really the starters I'm guessing Ash gets the Grass type and Fire types but doesn't get regional bird the grass starter might take the flyer and starter spot and new girl gets the water type since they can't give the girl the fire type two regions in a row.

Why is this?

No, we knew about Roggenrola, I mean we didn't specifically know it was going to be Roggenrola, but based on the titles, and information we got, we had a high expectation of believing Roggenrola being caught because of a timeline spoiler that said Ash was going to catch a Pokemon.

I just don't like how, and I absolutely hate when capture speculation is SOLELY based on merchandise, or hype, rather than coming into an episode and seeing a capture.

Unfortunately I've given up hope that Ash will ever have a 6th Pokemon not named Goodra, or the Pokemon he has in storage.

As much as I like 6th generation, I feel it's completely idiotic that they NEVER gave Ash a full team. It's just stupid as hell.

4th generation did it right. Full team by the third gym leader, the Pokemon developed and grew, then one Pokemon sent into training for a new capture to add a breath of fresh air. They just screwed up Gligar/Gliscor's and Gible's treatment, as well as Torterra.

Ash's team is in need of some SERIOUS new type to breathe freshness on his team. Three flying types and two dragon types for four Pokemon means Ash seriously needs a good dual type unrelated to his current team.

Talking as if his 5 mon team was already settled.

DP didn't do it right. They exploited and took advantage of Aipom's non-traditional and unorthodox presence on Ash's team before he actually even started his journey; he legitimately brung a second reserve over from Oak, to which it then got released as opposed to being a permanent member of Ash's team. The pacing and everything tied to captures felt great because of Aipom, Ash's mon caught and brought over from the previous generation. Aipom shouldn't have been there, and if it wasn't there, we would have gotten a different DP in terms of pacing all around. Let'snot also forget however that DP is a longer series.

XY started out doing it right and traditionally how the anime series (and games for that matters work) does it. Goodra leaving still gave the writers enough time in the long run to at least pull an AG (via Phantump or whomever they felt Ash should have), objectively speaking, and Goodra leaving would only do harm if it didn't come back... the fact that it can pull a Gliscor makes Goodra a possibility-member, thus completing Ash's team, without argument. I don't know what their long term plan is for Ash's team (full team or full team + 1 extra), but if the movie and current situation of the anime is promoting and heading in the direction that it's self-supporting, then we will be getting another AG, not any of that 5 mons and empty slot/Oak reserve non-sense.

It does seem tricky overall (in regards to how Ash's team will end - between complete team or complete team + 1 extra mon), but I think Goodra will simply return and thus they'll pull another AG. These writers are too good and professional imo to pull a Glalie situation. Gible would be fine (which it seems too late for), because Gible, despite the negative things that are said about him. And Glalie happened in a series that was just starting to take the anime seriously and to new heights. At this point, Goodra inarguable makes the most sense, assuming the anime ends around its usual time.

Last edited:

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
its possible that Braixen could potentially evolve into Delphox. and Delphox is not horrible; its a pretty good pokemon.

She could evolve at some later point, but her chances of evolving in the Winding Woods episode are almost zero from my perspective unless we see Delphox in some merchandise with the cast soon with no Braixen in sight. ^^;

DavidD001

Hmm there is another thought that just came to mind...what if Dawn makes another appearance with even more evolved pokemon.

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
It's like people in this website really like Dawn or something.

Be glad this doesn't allow r34, but yes there is a huge dawn fanbase in general and an even bigger appreciation for the Sinnoh league on this site, I personally don't give a cucumber about Dawn, but I guess a continuity nod that acknowledges stuff happened is always welcomed.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Hmm there is another thought that just came to mind...what if Dawn makes another appearance with even more evolved pokemon.

There's no way she'll appear in XYZ tho from my perspective, so I don't quite see how we'd get an update on her team. ^^; I feel like Ash's team plus to a lesser extent Clemont's and Serena's are the priority any ways.

DavidD001

There's no way she'll appear in XYZ tho from my perspective, so I don't quite see how we'd get an update on her team. ^^; I feel like Ash's team plus to a lesser extent Clemont's and Serena's are the priority any ways.

its still a possibility and i'm still glad that Iris has NOT appeared at all. although if May or Misty appeared then that would be gladly welcome.

thelord3

Trademark names for a grass, fire, and water type not starters? Not a chance

But they weren't even trademarked by Nintendo, the Pokemon company or any of their associates! All we know is that an IP lawyer trade marked them. It could be a proxy, but it could be something totally different that has nothing to do with Pokemon. For god's sake I could go and trade mark some names that would look like Pokemon, but that doesn't mean that they are.

DS0308

<--- Actually me

Just because the title says Dawn you really can't make this connection, I'm pretty sure her name in Japanese doesn't actually translate to Dawn in English.

Status
Not open for further replies.